Disney Pictures has setup a new and exclusive three-year licensing deal with U.S. subscription TV service Netflix.
The deal includes titles from Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios and Disneynature along with Disney direct-to-video releases.
The latter will be made available on Netflix starting in 2013, the rest of Disney's content will be available to watch instantly on multiple devices through Netflix in the pay TV window beginning in 2016.
Disney will also make catalog titles like "Dumbo," "Pocahontas" and "Alice in Wonderland" available to Netflix subscribers immediately.
The deal is a large blow to rival Starz which currently has the rights to broadcast Disney movies. With the Mouse House gone, Sony Pictures remains its sole movie provider.
Source: The Los Angeles Times »
- Garth Franklin
Similar News ItemsParamount Pictures [us]
- Casting: Hinds, Miller, Sheridan, Trejo (From Dark Horizons. 14 March 2014, 8:23 PM, PDT)
- Storm is Coming in Four New TV Spots for Darren Aronofsky's 'Noah' (From FirstShowing.net. 14 March 2014, 12:22 PM, PDT)
- 7 Early Signs Of The McConaissance (From Obsessed with Film. 14 March 2014, 7:06 AM, PDT)
Alice in Wonderland (2010/I)
- Angelina Jolie Q&A: Bringing malevolent 'Maleficent' to life, doing some good in the world -- and those '50 Shades' rumors (From EW.com - Inside Movies. 14 March 2014, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- Helena Bonham Carter returning as the Red Queen in 'Alice' sequel (From Hitfix. 13 March 2014, 4:28 PM, PDT)
- ‘Alice in Wonderland 2′ Casting Update; Director Talks Visual Style (From Screen Rant. 13 March 2014, 8:35 AM, PDT)
Marvel Studios [us]
- Scarlett Johansson says Black Widow movie will happen if fans want to see it (From Flickeringmyth. 15 March 2014, 1:45 AM, PDT)
- New X-Men: Days of Future Past images released as Bryan Singer talks X-Men: Apocalypse (From Flickeringmyth. 15 March 2014, 1:43 AM, PDT)
- Captain America 3 to go head-to-head with Batman vs. Superman on May 6th 2016 (From Flickeringmyth. 15 March 2014, 1:43 AM, PDT)