Disney Pictures has setup a new and exclusive three-year licensing deal with U.S. subscription TV service Netflix.
The deal includes titles from Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios and Disneynature along with Disney direct-to-video releases.
The latter will be made available on Netflix starting in 2013, the rest of Disney's content will be available to watch instantly on multiple devices through Netflix in the pay TV window beginning in 2016.
Disney will also make catalog titles like "Dumbo," "Pocahontas" and "Alice in Wonderland" available to Netflix subscribers immediately.
The deal is a large blow to rival Starz which currently has the rights to broadcast Disney movies. With the Mouse House gone, Sony Pictures remains its sole movie provider.
Source: The Los Angeles Times »
- Garth Franklin
Similar News ItemsParamount Pictures [us]
- ‘Transformers’ Sequels Planned for the Next 10 Years (From Slash Film. 4 October 2015, 11:00 AM, PDT)
- Channel Angelina Jolie's Best Onscreen Looks For Halloween (From BuzzSugar. 4 October 2015, 2:00 AM, PDT)
- Paramount acquires Alexander Payne’s new film Downsizing (From Flickeringmyth. 3 October 2015, 8:30 PM, PDT)
Marvel Studios [us]
- Thor: Ragnarok Director Choice Has Comedic Roots (From TheHDRoom. 3 October 2015, 6:32 AM, PDT)
- McU: All 28 Bands That Feature In Phase One And Two (From Obsessed with Film. 3 October 2015, 6:31 AM, PDT)
- The Week in Spandex – Captain America: Civil War, Doctor Strange, Captain Marvel, Thor: Ragnarok, Avengers: Infinity War, Jessica Jones, Fantastic Four 2, Batman v Superman, Man of Steel 2, Watchmen and more (From Flickeringmyth. 3 October 2015, 3:55 AM, PDT)
Alice in Wonderland (2010/I)
- Win Passes To The Advance Screening Of Crimson Peak In St. Louis (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 2 October 2015, 7:49 AM, PDT)
- Crimson Peak Video Highlights the Ghosts of Guillermo del Toro’s Film (From shocktillyoudrop. 29 September 2015, 9:53 AM, PDT)
- Matt Lucas Signs With Wme (From Deadline. 28 September 2015, 4:47 PM, PDT)