"Super-serve your niche."
Those were the magic words that reeled Ed Burns back to his Irish-American roots with his latest indie film, "The Fitzgerald Family Christmas." Wearing all three hats as writer, director and actor, Burns presents a holiday story of a divided dysfunctional family. In other words, a story all his viewers can relate to in some way, shape or form.
The story follows Gerry (Burns), who's caught in the middle of his family's drama when his dad (Ed Lauder) begs him to convince his siblings and mom to invite him to Christmas dinner. Unfortunately for his dad, Gerry's mom vowed years ago to never let him step foot into her house. Some of his siblings aren't too stoked about sharing the joys of the holiday with the father that walked out on them either.
- Ayanna Long
Similar News ItemsTyler Perry (I)
- If Loving You Is Wrong: Season Three Ratings (From TVSeriesFinale. 20 September 2017, 6:56 PM, PDT)
- 5 Things to Know About Westworld Star Tessa Thompson (From Popsugar. 19 September 2017, 7:00 PM, PDT)
- Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation Awards $20 Million in Environmental Grants (From Variety - Film News. 19 September 2017, 6:39 PM, PDT)
- Hand in Hand: A Benefit For Hurricane Relief Raises More Than $55 Million (From Look to the Stars. 21 September 2017, 12:30 PM, PDT)
- Watch a clip from Professor Marston and the Wonder Women (From Flickeringmyth. 21 September 2017, 11:08 AM, PDT)
- Toronto International Film Festival Review – Professor Marston and the Wonder Women (2017) (From Flickeringmyth. 16 September 2017, 8:40 AM, PDT)
Edward Burns (I)
- TVLine Items: Samuel L. Jackson Eyes TV Gig, Mary Kills Again and More (From TVLine.com. 28 July 2017, 11:19 AM, PDT)
- 29 Best World War II Movies This Memorial Day (Photos) (From The Wrap. 29 May 2017, 8:42 AM, PDT)
- Netflix Original Movie “Tramps” Looks Like a Very Watchable Flick (From TVovermind.com. 15 April 2017, 10:00 PM, PDT)