They dished out compliments and critiques to contestants when "The X Factor" debuted in late 2011, but just weeks after the competition ended, it was judges Paula Abdul and Nicole Scherzinger who were going home.
As AccessHollywood.com continues to count down The Top 12 Headlines of 2012, we take a look at the first reality show judges' panel shakeup of the year, which happened with "The X Factor" in January 2012.
After the ratings averaged around 12.6 million for the season (Simon previously told The Hollywood Reporter anything less than 20 million for the premiere would be a ...
Copyright 2012 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. »
- email@example.com (AccessHollywood.com Editorial Staff)
Similar News Items"The X Factor" (2004)
- What Normani Kordei’s DWTS Success Means for Fifth Harmony: Is There a Solo Project in the Works? (From PEOPLE.com. 23 May 2017, 8:33 PM, PDT)
- Liam Payne on 10-Year Age Gap Between Himself and Cheryl: ‘We Don’t Like to Talk About’ When We Met (From PEOPLE.com. 19 May 2017, 2:10 PM, PDT)
- Liam Payne Not Sure He Wants to Marry Cheryl Cole (From E! Online. 19 May 2017, 7:24 AM, PDT)
- Exclusive: Chris Daughtry Dishes on 'American Idol' Judge Speculation, Says He'd 'Be Honored to Do It' (From Entertainment Tonight. 21 May 2017, 3:23 PM, PDT)
- Carrie Underwood Geeks Out Over Singing Happy Birthday to NKotB's Danny Wood and Jordan Knight (From Entertainment Tonight. 18 May 2017, 9:23 PM, PDT)
- Carrie Underwood Reunites With 'American Idol' Judge Paula Abdul Amid Show's Reboot (From Entertainment Tonight. 18 May 2017, 5:17 AM, PDT)
- Dirty Dancing: 20 Burning Questions About ABC's Curious Remake (Including That Bizarre Ending) (From TVLine.com. 24 May 2017, 7:59 PM, PDT)
- ‘Somebody Needs to Put This Whole Movie in the Corner’: Twitter Has a Lot to Say About ABC’s Dirty Dancing Remake (From PEOPLE.com. 24 May 2017, 7:35 PM, PDT)
- Why ‘Dirty Dancing’ Star Colt Prattes Was ‘Terrified’ to Deliver Patrick Swayze’s Classic Line (From The Wrap. 24 May 2017, 4:51 PM, PDT)