Los Angeles — New mom Reese Witherspoon is being honored by March of Dimes for being a model celebrity parent.
The 36-year-old Oscar winner and mother of three will receive the organization's Grace Kelly Award at its Celebration of Babies event Friday at the Beverly Hills Hotel. The award recognizes celebrity parents committed to healthy pregnancies and families.
"I was very lucky to have a healthy delivery and leave the hospital with a healthy full term infant, but so many families in this country do not get that experience," she said, adding that she hopes her involvement with March of Dimes calls attention to its efforts to prevent birth defects, premature birth and infant mortality.
Hollywood has a long history with March of Dimes, »
Similar News ItemsRobert Downey Jr.
- Exclusive: James Badge Dale Talks Coldblood and Spoilers in Iron Man 3 (From MovieWeb. 21 May 2013, 2:40 PM, PDT)
- A Planetload Of New Images, Banners & Posters From 'Man Of Steel' Arrive (From The Playlist. 21 May 2013, 11:25 AM, PDT)
- James Badge Dale Talks Iron Man 3, His Audition Process, the Character’s Physicality, World War Z, The Lone Ranger, and More (From Collider.com. 21 May 2013, 7:53 AM, PDT)
Universal Pictures [us]
- Fast and Furious 6 Shattering UK Box Office Records (From Worst Previews. 22 May 2013, 3:30 AM, PDT)
- Cannes: Radius-TWC Buys Keanu Reeves’ Helming Debut ‘Man of Tai Chi’ (From Deadline New York. 22 May 2013, 12:02 AM, PDT)
- Alex Pettyfer, Gabriella Wilde's Endless Love due out in February 2014 (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 21 May 2013, 11:05 PM, PDT)
- Can 'Idol' Be Saved? (From Huffington Post. 21 May 2013, 5:16 PM, PDT)
- American Idol's Nigel Lythgoe Sounds Off on Judging Drama: "They Didn't Gel as a Whole" (From E! Online. 21 May 2013, 3:52 PM, PDT)
- The Daily Treat: What Would You Call Mariah Carey's Puppies? (From PEOPLE.com. 21 May 2013, 3:40 PM, PDT)