It's been a terrible series, and the incredibly long final is likely to be equally bad. But someone has to win X Factor, so who's the least undeserving?
Whoever is crowned X Factor winner on Sunday night, this weekend's final is likely to be a disappointment of monumental proportions. After the comprehensive week-on-week drubbing it's received at the hands of Strictly, X Factor now has the unmistakable air of a show that just wants to run away and lick its wounds.
As evidenced by the terrible, audience-ignoring cabaret car crash of the recent Abba v Motown theme night, the programme barely has the energy to put up a fight any more. A return to form in 2013 is the best it can hope for: this year is a write-off. Far from any intended bang, it'll be an achievement of considerable willpower if X Factor manages to go out with a soggy fart this series. »
- Stuart Heritage
Similar News Items"The X Factor" (2011)
- What Do Demi Lovato's Tattoos Mean? (From National Ledger. 18 May 2013, 11:36 AM, PDT)
- Week in Video: Holly Madison Gives Birth, Kevin Jonas Debuts New Tattoo (From E! Online. 18 May 2013, 9:11 AM, PDT)
- Demi Lovato’s Dramatic Updo On ‘Late Night With Jimmy Fallon’ (From HollywoodLife. 17 May 2013, 9:48 AM, PDT)
- Harry Styles Wants To Date Pippa Middleton — Report (From HollywoodLife. 19 May 2013, 1:49 PM, PDT)
- Are Niall Horan, Zayn Malik, Liam Payne, Harry Styles and Louis Tomlinson Clowns? (From National Ledger. 19 May 2013, 11:07 AM, PDT)
- Taylor Swift Battles Maroon 5 And Fun. (From Huffington Post. 19 May 2013, 9:18 AM, PDT)
- “So You Think You Can Dance” Premiere: 5 Essential Auditions (From The Backlot. 15 May 2013, 4:28 AM, PDT)
- “American Idol” Top 3 Elimination: 20 Observations (From The Backlot. 10 May 2013, 7:40 AM, PDT)
- Who are the Richest Young Musicians in the UK? 2013 Sunday Times' Rich List (From National Ledger. 12 April 2013, 8:34 AM, PDT)