It's been a terrible series, and the incredibly long final is likely to be equally bad. But someone has to win X Factor, so who's the least undeserving?
Whoever is crowned X Factor winner on Sunday night, this weekend's final is likely to be a disappointment of monumental proportions. After the comprehensive week-on-week drubbing it's received at the hands of Strictly, X Factor now has the unmistakable air of a show that just wants to run away and lick its wounds.
As evidenced by the terrible, audience-ignoring cabaret car crash of the recent Abba v Motown theme night, the programme barely has the energy to put up a fight any more. A return to form in 2013 is the best it can hope for: this year is a write-off. Far from any intended bang, it'll be an achievement of considerable willpower if X Factor manages to go out with a soggy fart this series. »
- Stuart Heritage
Similar News Items"The X Factor" (2011)
- The Telluride Film Festival launched some Oscar contenders (From Hollywoodnews.com. 1 September 2014, 11:39 AM, PDT)
- X Factor's Blonde Electric: 'We'll give Simon a big aggressive tickle' (From Digital Spy - TV news. 1 September 2014, 9:41 AM, PDT)
- X Factor: The only 11 auditions from week 1 you need to watch (From Digital Spy - TV news. 1 September 2014, 8:27 AM, PDT)
- Summer Music's Winners & Losers: Mariah, Iggy, Ariana, Charli, J-Lo and... Bieber (From Hitfix. 1 September 2014, 2:13 PM, PDT)
- 'Guardians' Easily Tops Weak Labor Day Releases (From BoxOfficeMojo.com. 31 August 2014, 12:33 PM, PDT)
- Harry Styles Wears Michael Sam Jersey for St. Louis Concert (From PEOPLE.com. 31 August 2014, 11:35 AM, PDT)
- The X Factor is back: Live blog as it happened (From Digital Spy - TV news. 30 August 2014, 11:53 AM, PDT)
- '66th Primetime Emmy Awards' Winners! (From MovieWeb. 25 August 2014, 5:32 PM, PDT)
- Emmy Winners 2014: The Full List (From Moviefone. 25 August 2014, 12:59 PM, PDT)