Well-known Hollywood figures Eddie Murphy, Katherine Heigl and Reese Witherspoon have suffered the indignity of being named top of Forbes magazine's annual list of the most overpaid actors in the world.
Murphy, who was commanding $20m a movie around the turn of the millennium, returns just $2.30 for every $1 he is paid, according to Forbes. Such meagre financial clout means he is considered the most overpaid actor in Hollywood in 2012, with the news coming on the back of flops such as Meet Dave and Imagine That. Even his 2011 critical hit Tower Heist, which was seen as something of a comeback vehicle for the Beverly Hills Cop star, was not a resounding box-office smash, earning $152m on a $75m production budget.
Second place on the list goes to newcomer Heigl, who is said »
- Ben Child
Similar News ItemsSandra Bullock
- Smooth Criminals! Sandra Bullock and Cate Blanchett Spotted on Set of All-Female Reboot Ocean’s Eight (From PEOPLE.com. 24 October 2016, 2:10 PM, PDT)
- Double Threat Zuher Khan - On the Fast Track to Filmmaking and Acting Success (From Screen Anarchy. 20 October 2016, 6:56 AM, PDT)
- A Handy Guide to the Best Halloween Episodes From Your Childhood (From E! Online. 19 October 2016, 3:03 PM, PDT)
- Get Your Reese On: Draper James Is Up to 75 Percent Off Right Now (From PEOPLE.com. 24 October 2016, 1:37 PM, PDT)
- Tom Hardy, Leonardo DiCaprio, Gugu Mbatha-Raw, and More Find New Roles (From The Film Stage. 24 October 2016, 10:29 AM, PDT)
- Ethan Hawke, Rose Byrne & Chris O’Dowd Team For Nick Hornby Adaptation ‘Juliet, Naked’ (From The Playlist. 24 October 2016, 9:23 AM, PDT)
Will Ferrell (I)
- AFM: Mister Smith to Launch Joey King Starrer ‘Wish Upon’ (From Variety - Film News. 24 October 2016, 9:06 AM, PDT)
- Bill Murray Celebrates Mark Twain Prize (and Chicago Cubs Win!): ‘If They Hadn’t Won Last Night I Would Have Had to Have Been There’ (From PEOPLE.com. 24 October 2016, 5:31 AM, PDT)
- Great Job, Internet!: Here’s 10 minutes of Kate McKinnon’s Holtzmann ad-libs from Ghostbusters (From The AV Club. 22 October 2016, 1:46 PM, PDT)