Well-known Hollywood figures Eddie Murphy, Katherine Heigl and Reese Witherspoon have suffered the indignity of being named top of Forbes magazine's annual list of the most overpaid actors in the world.
Murphy, who was commanding $20m a movie around the turn of the millennium, returns just $2.30 for every $1 he is paid, according to Forbes. Such meagre financial clout means he is considered the most overpaid actor in Hollywood in 2012, with the news coming on the back of flops such as Meet Dave and Imagine That. Even his 2011 critical hit Tower Heist, which was seen as something of a comeback vehicle for the Beverly Hills Cop star, was not a resounding box-office smash, earning $152m on a $75m production budget.
Second place on the list goes to newcomer Heigl, who is said »
- Ben Child
Similar News ItemsSandra Bullock
- Minions is now the third highest grossing animated movie of all time as it crosses $1 billion mark (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 29 August 2015, 7:45 AM, PDT)
- Sandra Bullock Is All Smiles After Date Night—Is Hunky Photographer Bryan Randall Her New Boyfriend? (From E! Online. 28 August 2015, 1:48 PM, PDT)
- Meet Sandra Bullock's Hot Rumored New Boyfriend! (From Popsugar. 28 August 2015, 1:00 PM, PDT)
- ‘Cruel Intentions’ Musical Duo Taps Into Nostalgia Takeover With ‘The Oc’ Show (From Variety - TV News. 29 August 2015, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- Reese Witherspoon and Ava Phillippe Have Their Hands Full During an La Outing (From Popsugar. 28 August 2015, 1:35 PM, PDT)
- Sofia Vergara signs up for The Brits Are Coming (From National Ledger. 28 August 2015, 1:46 AM, PDT)
Will Ferrell (I)
- Will Ferrell and Amy Poehler’s ‘The House’ Casts Ryan Simpkins (From Variety - Film News. 28 August 2015, 6:18 PM, PDT)
- Ryan Simpkins Joins ‘The House’ With Will Ferrell And Amy Poehler (From Deadline. 28 August 2015, 2:08 PM, PDT)
- ‘Wolf of Wall Street’ Producers Developing Horror Film (From Variety - Film News. 27 August 2015, 5:00 PM, PDT)