In a slightly-too-small room in London’s Savoy Hotel, Director Mike Newell addresses us on his new movie, Great expectations which is the latest Hollywood version of the Charles Dickens novel. We got to sit down with the British Director to discuss his new movie, Great Expectations which is our in UK cinemas now.
If you’ve missed the rest of our coverage, check it out here but before you do, scroll down and read the interview with the main man himself below.
“It’s about script and the story. I wanted desperately not to live in a hotel room in Los Angeles any more but I also kind of wanted to re-learn that one central thing – that you actually can’t work without a decent script.”
This sort of open, candid response is rare from a director, particularly when it involves talking about their own failings, but for Newell, »
- Ben Mortimer
Similar News ItemsDavid Yates (II)
- Warner Bros. calls director Josh Boone to ‘The Stand’ (From Hitfix. 27 February 2014, 12:37 PM, PST)
- Josh Boone To Adapt & Direct ‘The Stand’ (From The Hollywood News. 27 February 2014, 11:54 AM, PST)
- WB Hands Josh Boone the Director's Chair for Stephen King's 'The Stand' (From Rope Of Silicon. 26 February 2014, 7:11 AM, PST)
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (2010)
- EA Aims to Correct Missteps in Vidgame-to-Film Adaptations With ‘Need for Speed’ (From Variety - Film News. 12 March 2014, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- The Inbetweeners 2 release date confirmed for August 6 (From Digital Spy - TV news. 11 March 2014, 2:39 AM, PDT)
- The Inbetweeners 2 release date confirmed for August 6 (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 11 March 2014, 2:39 AM, PDT)
- Dennis O’Neil: How Long Can You Go Without Faking It? (From Comicmix. 13 March 2014, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- Blu-ray, DVD Release: The Invisible Woman (From Disc Dish. 12 March 2014, 11:21 AM, PDT)
- Jay Leno Reminds Bill Maher Of Israel As He’s Inducted Into TV Academy Hall Of Fame (From Deadline TV. 12 March 2014, 12:20 AM, PDT)