The Dark Knight Rises, Christopher Nolan's trilogy ending Batman sequel, is on Blu-ray today, and the release has given the director another opportunity to step into the press spotlight and address his role on Man of Steel, which he oversaw and produced.
According to him, the movie is not going to do for Superman what Batman Begins did for Bruce Wayne. In fact, he seems to believe that it will have a lighter tone, while still looking as though it came from the Nolan universe of DC Comics movies.
"I wouldn't want people to think we're doing for Superman what we did for Batman. It's very much Zack Snyder's film and I think people are going to love what he's done. I think it's really remarkable to take on that character. Superman is a completely different character than Batman. So you can't in anyway use the same template. »
Similar News ItemsChristopher Nolan (I)
- Will ‘Dunkirk’ Stay Afloat Against ‘Atomic Blonde,’ ‘Emoji Movie’ at Box Office This Weekend? (From The Wrap. 25 July 2017, 2:38 PM, PDT)
- Here’s Why ‘Dunkirk’ Will Likely Make $200 Million At the Domestic Box Office (From Indiewire. 25 July 2017, 1:55 PM, PDT)
- ‘The Making of Dunkirk’ Book Review: An In-Depth Look into Christopher Nolan’s Process (From Collider.com. 25 July 2017, 12:58 PM, PDT)
The Dark Knight Rises (2012)
- Christopher Nolan Explains Why He Likes to Cover Tom Hardy's Face in Films (From PEOPLE.com. 25 July 2017, 1:45 PM, PDT)
- Christopher Nolan Easter Eggs: The 7 Best Hidden Gems in ‘Inception,’ ‘Dunkirk,’ and More (From Indiewire. 24 July 2017, 11:09 AM, PDT)
- Weekend Box Office Report: July 21-23, 2017 (From JoBlo. 23 July 2017, 12:08 PM, PDT)
- Newswire: Warner Bros. better let us see what Superman looks like with a mustache (From The AV Club. 24 July 2017, 7:12 PM, PDT)
- Warner Bros. Spending $25 Million On ‘Justice League’ Reshoots (From The Playlist. 24 July 2017, 10:56 AM, PDT)
- ‘Justice League’ Extensive Reshoots Causing Headaches for Star Schedules (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 24 July 2017, 9:44 AM, PDT)