Oscar season is upon us, which means that ads begging Academy members for their votes are almost as ubiquitous as dazzling couture dresses will be in a few weeks. Usually, the ads consist of a production still and a headline, but the Wes Anderson-directed fan favorite "Moonrise Kingdom" took a different approach.
Focus Features ran a Tumblr-based contest asking fans to submit their own ads, with the chance of their original art being used in the movie's actual awards campaign, as well as a cash prize. NextMovie's own Max Evry was announced as one of the winners today, for his hand-drawn ad featuring Suzy and Sam. Check it out below!
- Kase Wickman
Similar News ItemsWes Anderson (I)
- See Criterion's Wondrous New 'Moonrise Kingdom' Cover Art (From Thompson on Hollywood. 25 June 2015, 10:08 AM, PDT)
- Ocean views by Anne-Katrin Titze (From eyeforfilm.co.uk. 25 June 2015, 8:18 AM, PDT)
- She's Funny That Way: Peter Bogdanovich's not-so funny rom-com (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 24 June 2015, 8:00 AM, PDT)
Focus Features [us]
- Myth of ‘Liberal Hollywood': TV Makes Strides in Lgbt World, But What About Film? (From Variety - TV News. 29 June 2015, 7:00 AM, PDT)
- Myth of ‘Liberal Hollywood': TV Makes Strides in Lgbt World, But What About Film? (From Variety - Film News. 29 June 2015, 7:00 AM, PDT)
- ‘Brokeback Mountain’s’ 10th Anniversary: Ang Lee and James Schamus Look Back (From Variety - Film News. 28 June 2015, 2:00 PM, PDT)
Moonrise Kingdom (2012)
- Oscar News: 322 Invited To Join; The Academy Museum Receives Approval (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 27 June 2015, 4:15 AM, PDT)
- Benedict Cumberbatch, Kevin Hart, Emma Stone and 319 others invited to vote for Oscar (From Hitfix. 26 June 2015, 11:50 AM, PDT)
- Academy Invites Record 322 New Members in Push for More Oscar Diversity (From Variety - Film News. 26 June 2015, 10:59 AM, PDT)