Oscar season is upon us, which means that ads begging Academy members for their votes are almost as ubiquitous as dazzling couture dresses will be in a few weeks. Usually, the ads consist of a production still and a headline, but the Wes Anderson-directed fan favorite "Moonrise Kingdom" took a different approach.
Focus Features ran a Tumblr-based contest asking fans to submit their own ads, with the chance of their original art being used in the movie's actual awards campaign, as well as a cash prize. NextMovie's own Max Evry was announced as one of the winners today, for his hand-drawn ad featuring Suzy and Sam. Check it out below!
- Kase Wickman
Similar News ItemsFocus Features [us]
- 'How To Train Your Dragon 2' wins Best Animated Feature at 42nd Annie Awards (From Hitfix. 1 February 2015, 12:32 AM, PST)
- Film Review: Jude Law Submarines a Passable But Unspectacular ‘Black Sea’ (From HollywoodChicago.com. 31 January 2015, 11:49 PM, PST)
- ‘How to Train Your Dragon 2′ Wins Annie Award for Animated Feature (From Variety - TV News. 31 January 2015, 9:38 PM, PST)
Wes Anderson (I)
- 'Boyhood,' 'The Grand Budapest Hotel' and 'The Lego Movie' Win Top Ace Editing Awards (From Thompson on Hollywood. 31 January 2015, 9:17 AM, PST)
- Streamfix: From Popeye Doyle to Wes Anderson - 6 Great Gene Hackman Performances (From Hitfix. 30 January 2015, 2:09 PM, PST)
- Updated Oscar Predictions going into February (From Hollywoodnews.com. 30 January 2015, 7:22 AM, PST)
Moonrise Kingdom (2012)
- Podcast: Fake Babies, #Deflategate and Reviews of 'The Boy Next Door' & 'Mortdecai' (From Rope Of Silicon. 23 January 2015, 7:05 AM, PST)
- Take a Tour of Matt Zoller Seitz's Glorious New 'Grand Budapest Hotel' Book (From Movies.com. 21 January 2015, 5:00 PM, PST)
- Costume Designers to Fete Naomi Watts (From FilmExperience. 21 January 2015, 7:00 AM, PST)