Oscar season is upon us, which means that ads begging Academy members for their votes are almost as ubiquitous as dazzling couture dresses will be in a few weeks. Usually, the ads consist of a production still and a headline, but the Wes Anderson-directed fan favorite "Moonrise Kingdom" took a different approach.
Focus Features ran a Tumblr-based contest asking fans to submit their own ads, with the chance of their original art being used in the movie's actual awards campaign, as well as a cash prize. NextMovie's own Max Evry was announced as one of the winners today, for his hand-drawn ad featuring Suzy and Sam. Check it out below!
- Kase Wickman
Similar News ItemsFocus Features [us]
- Film Festival Roundup: Laff Adds ‘The Beguiled’ and ‘Annabelle: Creation,’ Frameline41 Announces Lineup and More (From Indiewire. 26 May 2017, 11:13 AM, PDT)
- Film Acquisition Rundown: Focus Buys ‘The Little Stranger,’ Oscilloscope Picks Up ‘Brimstone & Glory’ and More (From Indiewire. 26 May 2017, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- New Mutants Shoots This July, Will Be a Horror Movie (From MovieWeb. 25 May 2017, 10:46 AM, PDT)
Wes Anderson (I)
- NYC Weekend Watch: Marlene Dietrich, Marcello Mastroianni, ‘The Man Who Fell to Earth’ & More (From The Film Stage. 25 May 2017, 5:18 PM, PDT)
- 70th Cannes Film Festival Review – The Meyerowitz Stories (2017) (From Flickeringmyth. 24 May 2017, 5:45 AM, PDT)
- Cannes Review: ‘The Killing of a Sacred Deer’ is Pure and Simple Sadism (From The Film Stage. 22 May 2017, 12:14 PM, PDT)
Moonrise Kingdom (2012)
- Annabelle: Creation and The Beguiled to Screen at La Film Festival 2017 (From DailyDead. 23 May 2017, 12:01 PM, PDT)
- Wes Anderson: New Video Essay Explores the Filmmaker’s Portrayal of Children — Watch (From Indiewire. 5 May 2017, 9:04 AM, PDT)
- Great Job, Internet!: The wise children and immature adults of the Wes Anderson universe (From The AV Club. 4 May 2017, 1:07 PM, PDT)