Oscar season is upon us, which means that ads begging Academy members for their votes are almost as ubiquitous as dazzling couture dresses will be in a few weeks. Usually, the ads consist of a production still and a headline, but the Wes Anderson-directed fan favorite "Moonrise Kingdom" took a different approach.
Focus Features ran a Tumblr-based contest asking fans to submit their own ads, with the chance of their original art being used in the movie's actual awards campaign, as well as a cash prize. NextMovie's own Max Evry was announced as one of the winners today, for his hand-drawn ad featuring Suzy and Sam. Check it out below!
- Kase Wickman
Similar News ItemsFocus Features [us]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Casts Anastasia's Stepfather Ray Steele (From The Hollywood Reporter. 9 December 2013, 4:14 PM, PST)
- Jason Bateman’s ‘Bad Words’ Trailer Debuts with Plenty of Bad Words (From Variety - Film News. 9 December 2013, 3:35 PM, PST)
- Trailer of the Week: Jason Bateman Bullies a Bunch of Kids via Foul Wordplay in Directorial Debut 'Bad Words' (From Indiewire. 9 December 2013, 3:01 PM, PST)
Wes Anderson (I)
- Stream Them Now: Get Your French New Wave Education with 9 Films Available to Stream on Hulu Plus (From Indiewire. 5 December 2013, 12:11 PM, PST)
- Thn’s Xmas Gift Guide: Ron Burgundy’s Memoir, The Filmmaker Says & The Wes Anderson Collection (From The Hollywood News. 5 December 2013, 4:00 AM, PST)
- Best Movie Trailers of 2013 (Part One) (From SoundOnSight. 4 December 2013, 8:56 PM, PST)
Moonrise Kingdom (2012)
- AFI Awards List: An Upscale, Oscar-Friendly Version of the People's Choice Awards (From Alt Film Guide. 9 December 2013, 3:48 PM, PST)
- AFI movies of the year: 'Her' and '12 Years a Slave' in; 'August: Osage County' out (From EW.com - Inside Movies. 9 December 2013, 12:00 PM, PST)
- Amazon Studios Announces Cast of Comedy Pilot "Mozart in the Jungle" (From Hollywonk. 5 December 2013, 6:12 AM, PST)