Oscar season is upon us, which means that ads begging Academy members for their votes are almost as ubiquitous as dazzling couture dresses will be in a few weeks. Usually, the ads consist of a production still and a headline, but the Wes Anderson-directed fan favorite "Moonrise Kingdom" took a different approach.
Focus Features ran a Tumblr-based contest asking fans to submit their own ads, with the chance of their original art being used in the movie's actual awards campaign, as well as a cash prize. NextMovie's own Max Evry was announced as one of the winners today, for his hand-drawn ad featuring Suzy and Sam. Check it out below!
- Kase Wickman
Similar News ItemsFocus Features [us]
- SXSW: ‘Bad Words’ Posters (From LatinoReview. 8 March 2014, 8:28 AM, PST)
- 20 Biggest Movies Of 2015: What Do We Already Know? (From Obsessed with Film. 8 March 2014, 6:55 AM, PST)
- "Signal," "Snowpiercer," "Guest" Set Dates (From Dark Horizons. 7 March 2014, 5:38 PM, PST)
Wes Anderson (I)
- Get Ready For The Grand Budapest Hotel With Wes Anderson Character Infographic And Featurettes (From AreYouScreening. 8 March 2014, 4:12 PM, PST)
- 37 Days; Line of Duty; Mind the Gap: London vs the Rest – review (From The Guardian - TV News. 8 March 2014, 4:08 PM, PST)
- '300: Rise of an Empire’ Plunders $20.2 Million in Foreign Markets (From The Wrap. 8 March 2014, 11:38 AM, PST)
Moonrise Kingdom (2012)
- '300' Flexes Its Muscles with $17.7 Million on Friday (From BoxOfficeMojo.com. 8 March 2014, 9:11 AM, PST)
- Oscar Beat: 10 Films That Could End Up in the 2015 Awards Race (From Collider.com. 8 March 2014, 9:05 AM, PST)
- Box Office: ‘300’ Sequel Wages War Against ‘Mr. Peabody & Sherman’ With Projected $42 Million Opening (From Variety - Film News. 8 March 2014, 9:05 AM, PST)