Oscar season is upon us, which means that ads begging Academy members for their votes are almost as ubiquitous as dazzling couture dresses will be in a few weeks. Usually, the ads consist of a production still and a headline, but the Wes Anderson-directed fan favorite "Moonrise Kingdom" took a different approach.
Focus Features ran a Tumblr-based contest asking fans to submit their own ads, with the chance of their original art being used in the movie's actual awards campaign, as well as a cash prize. NextMovie's own Max Evry was announced as one of the winners today, for his hand-drawn ad featuring Suzy and Sam. Check it out below!
- Kase Wickman
Similar News ItemsFocus Features [us]
- Mel Gibson's Hacksaw Ridge Trailer Takes Andrew Garfield to War (From MovieWeb. 28 July 2016, 10:36 AM, PDT)
- Oscar Hopefuls Chart the Course With Venice, Telluride and Toronto Bows (From Variety - Film News. 28 July 2016, 9:33 AM, PDT)
- The Accountant Trailer #2 Exposes Ben Affleck's Dark Side (From MovieWeb. 28 July 2016, 9:08 AM, PDT)
Wes Anderson (I)
- Second Opinion – The Bfg (2016) (From Flickeringmyth. 25 July 2016, 8:45 AM, PDT)
- Hunt For The Wilderpeople – Review (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 21 July 2016, 6:30 PM, PDT)
- 'Don't Think Twice': Keegan-Michael Key, Mike Birbiglia and More on Showbiz Fails (From Rolling Stone. 21 July 2016, 12:18 PM, PDT)
Moonrise Kingdom (2012)
- First look image from Bong Joon-Ho’s Okja featuring Tilda Swinton and Giancarlo Esposito (From Flickeringmyth. 19 July 2016, 7:15 PM, PDT)
- It’s Tilda Swinton in ‘Snowpiercer’ Director’s ‘Okja’! (From Bloody-Disgusting.com. 19 July 2016, 5:01 AM, PDT)
- Movie Poster of the Week: “Atlantic City” and the Letter Forms of Gerard Huerta (From MUBI. 15 July 2016, 6:00 AM, PDT)