Channing Tatum is looking to quit this whole acting business ... for a year, anyway.
The "Magic Mike" star will take a break from being in front of the camera to concentrate on being behind the camera in 2013, according to an interview with Inside Movies. Tatum is looking to take the time to focus on his directorial debut with his production partner, Reid Carolin.
"[Reid and I] have about three to four ideas that we love that are all in the hopper. By the end of next year, we're going to shut things down and write the first thing that we're going to direct," said Tatum, "We’re going to be like, all right, no more acting parts for a minute, let's take a few and really get caring about that section of our career."
- Bryan Enk
Similar News ItemsChanning Tatum
- YNMS²: Foxcatcher & Gone Girl (From FilmExperience. 19 April 2014, 4:13 PM, PDT)
- The Week in Spandex – The Amazing Spider-Man 2, X-Men: Days of Future Past, Batman vs. Superman, Guardians of the Galaxy, Beware the Batman, Batman Beyond and more (From Flickeringmyth. 19 April 2014, 5:05 AM, PDT)
- 87th Academy Awards Dates and Early Predictions: Another Streep? (From Alt Film Guide. 18 April 2014, 5:07 PM, PDT)
- ‘In the Blood’ Review (From Blogomatic3000. 20 April 2014, 5:05 AM, PDT)
- This Week on Stage: James Franco dishes, Audra McDonald dazzles (again) (From EW.com - PopWatch. 19 April 2014, 7:00 AM, PDT)
- International Star You Should Know: Josie Ho (From Variety - Film News. 18 April 2014, 10:00 AM, PDT)
Magic Mike (2012)
- Olivia Munn Talks Deliver Us From Evil, Mortdecai with Johnny Depp, and the Final Season of The Newsroom at WonderCon (From Collider.com. 19 April 2014, 10:04 PM, PDT)
- 5 Things to Know About the Magic Mike Sequel (From PEOPLE.com. 18 April 2014, 10:45 AM, PDT)
- Casting the Magic Mike Sequel: Ryan Gosling, Zac Efron, Taye Diggs and More! (From E! Online. 18 April 2014, 6:30 AM, PDT)