Channing Tatum is looking to quit this whole acting business ... for a year, anyway.
The "Magic Mike" star will take a break from being in front of the camera to concentrate on being behind the camera in 2013, according to an interview with Inside Movies. Tatum is looking to take the time to focus on his directorial debut with his production partner, Reid Carolin.
"[Reid and I] have about three to four ideas that we love that are all in the hopper. By the end of next year, we're going to shut things down and write the first thing that we're going to direct," said Tatum, "We’re going to be like, all right, no more acting parts for a minute, let's take a few and really get caring about that section of our career."
- Bryan Enk
Similar News ItemsChanning Tatum
- Foxcatcher Movie Review (From ShockYa. 22 October 2014, 8:23 PM, PDT)
- Movie News: New 'Foxcatcher' Photos Look Intense; Patrick Stewart to Play White Supremacist in 'Green Room' (From Movies.com. 22 October 2014, 12:00 PM, PDT)
- 58th BFI London Film Festival Review – Foxcatcher (2014) (From Flickeringmyth. 22 October 2014, 11:44 AM, PDT)
- 'The Knick' Star Eric Johnson Signs With Wme (Exclusive) (From The Hollywood Reporter. 21 October 2014, 5:16 PM, PDT)
- Podcast: Ebola, George Lucas, Netflix, DVDs & Blu-rays and Much More (From Rope Of Silicon. 21 October 2014, 9:30 AM, PDT)
- Rome Film Festival: Clive Owen on Why Steven Soderbergh Isn’t Retiring Anytime Soon (From The Hollywood Reporter. 18 October 2014, 12:09 PM, PDT)
Magic Mike (2012)
- Blast Off With New TV Spots For Christopher Nolan's Interstellar (From ComicBookMovie. 22 October 2014, 6:16 PM, PDT)
- Matthew McConaughey Gets A ‘Stellar’ Tribute From American Cinematheque (From Deadline New York. 22 October 2014, 1:45 PM, PDT)
- Matthew McConaughey defends rom-coms: 'Criticism is completely unfair' (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 22 October 2014, 5:31 AM, PDT)