Channing Tatum is looking to quit this whole acting business ... for a year, anyway.
The "Magic Mike" star will take a break from being in front of the camera to concentrate on being behind the camera in 2013, according to an interview with Inside Movies. Tatum is looking to take the time to focus on his directorial debut with his production partner, Reid Carolin.
"[Reid and I] have about three to four ideas that we love that are all in the hopper. By the end of next year, we're going to shut things down and write the first thing that we're going to direct," said Tatum, "We’re going to be like, all right, no more acting parts for a minute, let's take a few and really get caring about that section of our career."
- Bryan Enk
Similar News ItemsChanning Tatum
- Joe Manganiello Says There Hasn't Been a Movie as Racy as Magic Mike Xxl Since the '70s (From BuzzSugar. 22 May 2015, 1:14 PM, PDT)
- Kevin Dillon's Favorite Entourage Scene Was Cut Because An A-Lister Bailed On His Cameo (From Cinema Blend. 22 May 2015, 12:05 PM, PDT)
- Two new posters for Magic Mike Xxl (From Flickeringmyth. 22 May 2015, 9:17 AM, PDT)
- Cannes: Will ‘The Assassin’ Slay the Competition? (From Variety - Film News. 23 May 2015, 5:28 PM, PDT)
- Nicolas Winding Refn Presents Series Is Releasing The ‘RoboCop’ Soundtrack On Vinyl (From The Playlist. 21 May 2015, 11:25 AM, PDT)
- 10 Things You Didn’t Know About George Clooney (From Obsessed with Film. 21 May 2015, 10:34 AM, PDT)
Magic Mike (2012)
- Cyclops and Jean Grey in X-Men: Apocalypse concept art (From Flickeringmyth. 23 May 2015, 12:21 PM, PDT)
- Mad Max: Fury Road gets the Mario Kart treatment (From Flickeringmyth. 23 May 2015, 11:27 AM, PDT)
- New Magic Mike Xxl Poster Revealed: See the Steamy Shirtless Pic! (From E! Online. 22 May 2015, 1:19 PM, PDT)