Channing Tatum is looking to quit this whole acting business ... for a year, anyway.
The "Magic Mike" star will take a break from being in front of the camera to concentrate on being behind the camera in 2013, according to an interview with Inside Movies. Tatum is looking to take the time to focus on his directorial debut with his production partner, Reid Carolin.
"[Reid and I] have about three to four ideas that we love that are all in the hopper. By the end of next year, we're going to shut things down and write the first thing that we're going to direct," said Tatum, "We’re going to be like, all right, no more acting parts for a minute, let's take a few and really get caring about that section of our career."
- Bryan Enk
Similar News ItemsChanning Tatum
- Critic's Notebook: Why This Year's Sundance Revealed an Exciting Stage for American Movies (From Indiewire. 31 January 2015, 4:04 PM, PST)
- Marvel's "Gambit" Release Date (From SneakPeek. 31 January 2015, 2:24 PM, PST)
- HollywoodChicago.com Hookup: 50 Pairs of Passes to ‘Jupiter Ascending’ With Mila Kunis, Channing Tatum (From HollywoodChicago.com. 31 January 2015, 10:15 AM, PST)
- The Definitive Movies of 1995 (From SoundOnSight. 30 January 2015, 8:01 PM, PST)
- 10 Unaired TV Pilots By A-List Directors That We Want To See (From The Playlist. 28 January 2015, 10:18 AM, PST)
- Johnny Depp’s ‘Mortdecai’ Mortifies Critics: 8 Terrible Reviews That Will Make You Understand Why (From The Wrap. 23 January 2015, 10:44 AM, PST)
Magic Mike (2012)
- Nick Jonas Joins Fox’s Scream Queens (From TVovermind.com. 27 January 2015, 6:57 AM, PST)
- Channing Tatum Reunites With Imaginary Friend, Demonstrates Daughter Everly's Poop Face—Watch Now! (From E! Online. 27 January 2015, 5:36 AM, PST)
- Sofia Vergara Talks Fall Wedding to Joe Manganiello at 2015 SAG Awards, "It's Going To Be Big!" (From Us Weekly. 26 January 2015, 12:44 AM, PST)