Channing Tatum is looking to quit this whole acting business ... for a year, anyway.
The "Magic Mike" star will take a break from being in front of the camera to concentrate on being behind the camera in 2013, according to an interview with Inside Movies. Tatum is looking to take the time to focus on his directorial debut with his production partner, Reid Carolin.
"[Reid and I] have about three to four ideas that we love that are all in the hopper. By the end of next year, we're going to shut things down and write the first thing that we're going to direct," said Tatum, "We’re going to be like, all right, no more acting parts for a minute, let's take a few and really get caring about that section of our career."
- Bryan Enk
Similar News ItemsChanning Tatum
- ‘Ultra Panavision’ featurette for Quentin Tarantino’s The Hateful Eight (From Flickeringmyth. 25 November 2015, 10:35 AM, PST)
- Here's Why You Need to See 'The Hateful Eight' in 70mm (From MovieWeb. 25 November 2015, 9:19 AM, PST)
- Tom Cruise in Talks to Star in 'The Mummy' Reboot...Not (From LatinoReview. 25 November 2015, 5:20 AM, PST)
- Watch: First Trailer For Tribeca Drama 'Dixieland’ Starring Riley Keough, Chris Zylka & Faith Hill (From The Playlist. 25 November 2015, 10:05 AM, PST)
- 10 Ravishing Films Shot by ‘Carol’ Cinematographer Edward Lachman (From The Film Stage. 23 November 2015, 10:06 AM, PST)
- The Knick, Ep. 2.06 “There Are Rules” (From SoundOnSight. 21 November 2015, 2:19 PM, PST)
Magic Mike (2012)
- Win Magic Mike Xxl On Blu-ray (From Obsessed with Film. 25 November 2015, 3:17 AM, PST)
- Recommended Discs & Deals of the Week: Black Friday Edition (From The Film Stage. 24 November 2015, 6:24 AM, PST)
- Sofia Vergara Marries Joe Manganiello At The Breakers (From Uinterview. 23 November 2015, 10:30 AM, PST)