Talk about getting ahead of itself. Though the incredible looking Pacific Rim is still many months away from release, a sequel is already well in the works. Read on for the latest on this "who could have seen this one coming already?" event!
THR reports Legendary Pictures is already laying the groundwork for a sequel, tapping Travis Beacham to pen the script. Beacham wrote the initial treatment for Pacific Rim, as a spec script, which Legendary picked up in June 2010. Del Toro quickly became involved in its development, and when his passion project At the Mountains of Madness fell through, he made it his next picture. Warner Bros. will distribute.
Travis Beacham's script is set in 2025, the 12th year »
- Uncle Creepy
Similar News ItemsWarner Bros. [us]
- ‘American Sniper’ Producer Signs First-Look Deal at Warner Bros. (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 6 March 2015, 12:19 PM, PST)
- Jada Pinkett Smith Says She’s Leaving ‘Gotham’ After Season 1 (From Variety - TV News. 6 March 2015, 10:57 AM, PST)
- Johnny Cage Set To Make Triumphant Return For Mortal Kombat X (From We Got This Covered. 6 March 2015, 9:27 AM, PST)
Guillermo del Toro
- Guadalajara Film Festival Celebrates Booming Latin Cinema (From Variety - Film News. 6 March 2015, 6:00 AM, PST)
- Dan Stevens And Luke Evans To Play Beast And Gaston In Live Action Beauty And The Beast (From Obsessed with Film. 5 March 2015, 4:23 AM, PST)
- Luke Evans To Star Opposite Emma Watson In Disney’s Beauty And The Beast (From We Got This Covered. 4 March 2015, 1:45 PM, PST)
- Why We Love That Busy Parents Can Get a Netflix Fix With ‘Super 4′ Series Streaming (Guest Blog) (From The Wrap. 6 March 2015, 11:52 AM, PST)
- Film Review: Sean Penn in ‘The Gunman’ (From Variety - Film News. 6 March 2015, 11:00 AM, PST)
- Week in Review: Academy considering move back to 5 Best Picture nominees (From SoundOnSight. 6 March 2015, 8:54 AM, PST)