Talk about getting ahead of itself. Though the incredible looking Pacific Rim is still many months away from release, a sequel is already well in the works. Read on for the latest on this "who could have seen this one coming already?" event!
THR reports Legendary Pictures is already laying the groundwork for a sequel, tapping Travis Beacham to pen the script. Beacham wrote the initial treatment for Pacific Rim, as a spec script, which Legendary picked up in June 2010. Del Toro quickly became involved in its development, and when his passion project At the Mountains of Madness fell through, he made it his next picture. Warner Bros. will distribute.
Travis Beacham's script is set in 2025, the 12th year »
- Uncle Creepy
Similar News ItemsGuillermo del Toro
- Titanic & Inglourious Basterds Actors Join FX’s The Strain (From Boomtron. 22 May 2013, 4:42 PM, PDT)
- A New "Pacific Rim" Shot (From SneakPeek. 22 May 2013, 4:29 PM, PDT)
- Guillermo del Toro Lets You Peek Into the Soul of the 'Pacific Rim' Robots (From Fandango. 22 May 2013, 12:18 PM, PDT)
Warner Bros [us]
- Man of Steel Trailer Sends Zod in Search of Superman (From TheHDRoom. 23 May 2013, 12:57 AM, PDT)
- Pacific Rim Featurette Teaches You About Some Of The Film's Coolest Tech (From Cinema Blend. 22 May 2013, 6:39 PM, PDT)
- 12 New Man of Steel Photos with Christopher Meloni and Ayelet Zurer (From MovieWeb. 22 May 2013, 6:36 PM, PDT)
- 'Luther' Season 3, David Tennant's 'Broadchurch' lead BBC America summer schedule (From Zap2It - From Inside the Box. 22 May 2013, 4:22 PM, PDT)
- BBC America Sets 9/3 For 'Luther' Return (4-Night TV Event, 2 Conflicting Crimes + A New Love) (From ShadowAndAct. 22 May 2013, 3:53 PM, PDT)
- BBC America Sets 9/3 For 'Luther' Return (4-Night TV Event, 2 Conflicting Crimes + A New Love) (From Indiewire Television. 22 May 2013, 3:53 PM, PDT)