Murphy came in at the No. 1 spot for the most overpaid actor this year. A series of recent box office flops -- like "A Thousand Words," "Meet Dave" and "Tower Heist" -- left studios with $2.30 for every $1 they paid Murphy. Last year, the 51-year-old came in second place, making the studio $2.70 for every $1 paid.
Visit Forbes to see the complete list of 2012's "Most Overpaid Actors in Hollywood."
Forbes compiled the list of the 10 most overpaid actors in Hollywood by using data on actors’ earnings from their Celebrity 100 list, plus estimates from Box Office Mojo. Forbes looked at the last three wide-release films the actor made to calculate the investment for the studio, determining how much »
- The Huffington Post
Similar News Items"Saturday Night Live" (1975)
- Let's give thanks for the top 10 Thanksgiving TV episodes of all time' (From Gold Derby. 26 November 2014, 11:22 AM, PST)
- Jason Sudeikis plays an aggravated juggler in never-aired 'SNL' sketch (From EW.com - PopWatch. 26 November 2014, 8:35 AM, PST)
- Holiday Deals on Blu-rays/DVDs and Toys (From Collider.com. 26 November 2014, 8:10 AM, PST)
- Thn Turns 11! A Look Back At Our Favourite Films – Looper (2012) (From The Hollywood News. 26 November 2014, 4:45 AM, PST)
- Escape Plan writer to adapt Monster Republic (From ScreenDaily. 25 November 2014, 3:53 AM, PST)
- Arnold Schwarzenegger in The Running Man Screens at Schlafly Dec. 3rd – ‘Strange Brew’ (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 24 November 2014, 8:30 PM, PST)
- Hilary Duff Reveals What Lizzie McGuire Is Up to Now (From Popsugar. 26 November 2014, 12:19 PM, PST)
- Watch the THR Roundtables for Actresses, Animators, Executives, and Writers (From SoundOnSight. 26 November 2014, 10:47 AM, PST)
- Daily | Kinski, Monicelli, Barnard (From Keyframe. 26 November 2014, 9:08 AM, PST)