The studio issued a press release after director Marc Webb announced on Twitter that he was excited to have DeHaan (above) on board as Harry Osborn, Peter Parker's friend and eventual enemy who was played by James Franco in the Sam Raimi trilogy.
Other actors considered for the role reportedly included Alden Ehrenreich and Brady Corbet along with Sam Claflin, Eddie Redmayne, Douglas Booth and Boyd Holbrook. Redmayne is also said to be on a shortlist for the role of Star-Lord in Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy.
In The Amazing Spider-Man sequel, Woodley is playing Mary Jane Watson and Foxx has been cast as the villain, Electro, who gains electrical powers after he is struck by lightning.
Foxx told Entertainment Tonight: "Electro is a great character. I met with the director, »
- David Bentley
Similar News ItemsSteven Spielberg
- The HeyUGuys Instant Watching Guide – December 9th 2013 (From HeyUGuys. 9 December 2013, 3:00 AM, PST)
- Christian Bale: pressure as a child formed 'love/hate' relationship with acting (From The Guardian - Film News. 9 December 2013, 1:12 AM, PST)
- Q&A: James Wan, director of The Conjuring (From Flickeringmyth. 8 December 2013, 2:15 PM, PST)
- Washington critics spring for '12 Years a Slave,' Cuaron, Blanchett (From Hitfix. 9 December 2013, 8:48 AM, PST)
- Leighton Meester to Make Broadway Debut with James Franco (From PEOPLE.com. 9 December 2013, 7:45 AM, PST)
- Aron Ralston: ’127 Hours’ Hiker Arrested For Domestic Violence (From HollywoodLife. 9 December 2013, 7:24 AM, PST)
"True Blood" (2008)
- Slamdance 2014 Unveils Lineups for Special Screenings, Beyond Section and Shorts Program (From Thompson on Hollywood. 9 December 2013, 8:36 AM, PST)
- Movie Review: Charlie Countryman (From CinemaNerdz. 8 December 2013, 9:22 PM, PST)
- Meet the Agents of NCIS: New Orleans — Plus a Few Off-the-Cuff Casting Suggestions (From TVLine.com. 6 December 2013, 5:50 PM, PST)