The studio issued a press release after director Marc Webb announced on Twitter that he was excited to have DeHaan (above) on board as Harry Osborn, Peter Parker's friend and eventual enemy who was played by James Franco in the Sam Raimi trilogy.
Other actors considered for the role reportedly included Alden Ehrenreich and Brady Corbet along with Sam Claflin, Eddie Redmayne, Douglas Booth and Boyd Holbrook. Redmayne is also said to be on a shortlist for the role of Star-Lord in Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy.
In The Amazing Spider-Man sequel, Woodley is playing Mary Jane Watson and Foxx has been cast as the villain, Electro, who gains electrical powers after he is struck by lightning.
Foxx told Entertainment Tonight: "Electro is a great character. I met with the director, »
- David Bentley
Similar News ItemsSteven Spielberg
- ‘Red Band Society’ to End Production After 13 Episodes (From Variety - TV News. 26 November 2014, 6:00 PM, PST)
- Astonishing New Jurassic World Trailer Debuts (From CinemaNerdz. 26 November 2014, 11:54 AM, PST)
- 20 Family Movies for Thanksgiving Day (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 26 November 2014, 11:23 AM, PST)
- Seth Rogen to Get Stoned with Colorado Audience Before Screening (From Variety - Film News. 26 November 2014, 2:05 PM, PST)
- James Franco's Selfie Calendar Is Here! See His Latest Self-Indulgent Work of Art (From E! Online. 26 November 2014, 11:25 AM, PST)
- Final trailer for The Interview (From Flickeringmyth. 26 November 2014, 1:30 AM, PST)
Bradley Cooper (I)
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2': James Gunn Refuses to Include Nova (From MovieWeb. 26 November 2014, 8:15 PM, PST)
- Visionary: Richard Linklater to Receive Big Palm Springs International Film Festival Award (From Manny the Movie Guy. 26 November 2014, 9:16 AM, PST)
- Oscars 2015 nominations: 10 early frontrunners for Best Picture (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 26 November 2014, 9:00 AM, PST)