The studio issued a press release after director Marc Webb announced on Twitter that he was excited to have DeHaan (above) on board as Harry Osborn, Peter Parker's friend and eventual enemy who was played by James Franco in the Sam Raimi trilogy.
Other actors considered for the role reportedly included Alden Ehrenreich and Brady Corbet along with Sam Claflin, Eddie Redmayne, Douglas Booth and Boyd Holbrook. Redmayne is also said to be on a shortlist for the role of Star-Lord in Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy.
In The Amazing Spider-Man sequel, Woodley is playing Mary Jane Watson and Foxx has been cast as the villain, Electro, who gains electrical powers after he is struck by lightning.
Foxx told Entertainment Tonight: "Electro is a great character. I met with the director, »
- David Bentley
Similar News ItemsSteven Spielberg
- Janusz Kaminski to direct 'The Postcard Killings' (From ScreenDaily. 13 February 2016, 3:20 AM, PST)
- Berlinale ’16: Midnight Special review (From The Hollywood News. 13 February 2016, 2:23 AM, PST)
- Janusz Kaminski Grabs Director’s Chair for ‘The Postcard Killings’ (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 12 February 2016, 7:00 PM, PST)
- Watch the opening titles for Hulu’s Stephen King adaptation 11.22.63 (From Flickeringmyth. 13 February 2016, 2:45 AM, PST)
- Berlinale ’16: ‘War On Everyone’ review (From The Hollywood News. 12 February 2016, 11:42 PM, PST)
- Berlin: Nancy Cartwright of ‘The Simpsons’ Launches Production Company (From Variety - Film News. 12 February 2016, 3:32 PM, PST)
Bradley Cooper (I)
- Syfy Greenlights ‘Prototype’ Pilot from ’24’ Writer (From Variety - TV News. 12 February 2016, 10:15 AM, PST)
- James Gunn Shares New Logo For Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2 (From We Got This Covered. 11 February 2016, 2:52 PM, PST)
- James Gunn unveils the logo for Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (From Flickeringmyth. 11 February 2016, 2:43 PM, PST)