I was in the hospital last Friday. I suffered a "Mini Stroke", which was not fun at all. Have to start taking care of my body! Getting old!
— Frankie Muniz (@frankiemuniz) December 4, 2012
A mini-stroke, also known as a transient ischemic attack, is when no blood flows to the brain for a moment of time, but it doesn't cause brain tissue death like with a regular stroke, according to the A.D.A.M. Medical Encyclopedia. Symptoms of a mini-stroke may last for up to a day, though they often just last for a couple hours.
The stoppage of blood flow to the brain may be caused by a blood clot, blood vessel injury, or blood vessel narrowing, the A.D.A.M. Medical Encyclopedia reported. Risk factors »
- Amanda L. Chan
Similar News ItemsFrankie Muniz
- 'Arrested Development' Rewatch Season 3, episode 5 - 'Mr. F' (From Zap2It - From Inside the Box. 13 May 2013, 1:00 PM, PDT)
- Giveaway - Win Malcolm in the Middle: The Complete Fifth Season on DVD (From Flickeringmyth. 21 April 2013, 2:30 AM, PDT)
- 8 Junior Versions of Other Movies (From NextMovie. 26 February 2013, 7:00 AM, PST)
"Malcolm in the Middle" (2000)
- Giveaway - Win Malcolm in the Middle: The Complete Sixth Season on DVD (From Flickeringmyth. 19 May 2013, 8:11 AM, PDT)
- Mike & Molly Creator Steps Down as Showrunner (From TVLine.com. 17 May 2013, 7:19 PM, PDT)
- 'Mike & Molly' Showrunner Mark Roberts Steps Down (From The Wrap. 17 May 2013, 6:26 PM, PDT)