He's known internationally as a gay style guru, but Carson Kressley says he didn't officially come out to his family until age 30, just before his big break as one of the "Fab Five" on "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy."
"I was really, really wimpy," Kressley tells Joy Behar. "It's one of those classic stories where I regret it that I did because it builds a wall between you and your family."
As for his family's reaction, the "Dancing With The Stars" alum recalled, "Of course they knew, and when I actually did come out to them, they were like, 'Duh!'" »
- Curtis M. Wong
Similar News Items"Dancing with the Stars" (2005/I)
- Will Janel & Val's Relationship Live On? (From Access Hollywood. 26 November 2014, 1:21 PM, PST)
- ABC 2014-15 Season Ratings (updated 11/26/14) (From TVSeriesFinale. 26 November 2014, 12:53 PM, PST)
- Tuesday TV Ratings: Dancing with the Stars, About a Boy, NCIS, New Girl, Supernatural (From TVSeriesFinale. 26 November 2014, 12:27 PM, PST)
- Joy Behar: Nicolle Wallace Is "a Day at the Beach" Compared to Elisabeth Hasselbeck (From Us Weekly. 25 November 2014, 9:01 AM, PST)
- Meet Britney Spears's New Beau: 5 Things to Know About Charlie Ebersol (From PEOPLE.com. 6 November 2014, 7:45 AM, PST)
- Joy Behar Launching Autobiographical One-Woman Show (From Uinterview. 5 October 2014, 9:00 PM, PDT)
- Portia de Rossi, Norman Lear, Jesse Tyler Ferguson Salute TV’s Impact on Lgbt Equality at Paley Center Gala (From Variety - TV News. 13 November 2014, 11:05 AM, PST)
- Hollywood Pays Tribute to Joan Rivers: ‘One of a Kind’ (From Variety - TV News. 4 September 2014, 12:36 PM, PDT)
- Seth Meyers, Larry King, and more express condolences for Joan Rivers (From EW.com - PopWatch. 4 September 2014, 12:35 PM, PDT)