Les Moonves broke his silence on the Angus T. Jones "Two And A Half Men" controversy Tuesday in an interview with the "Wall Street Journal." The CBS Corp. president and CEO reflected on Jones' inflammatory video "testimonial" with the religious organization Forerunner Chronicles and joked that after Charlie Sheen's meltdown, this latest fiasco was "a piece of cake."
"I don't know what our status is with him," Moonves began in the video above. "We took this boy who started with us when he was eight years old, and it seemed to be what happens with child stars over the course of time. He's now making $300,000 per week, which is not a bad salary for a 19-year-old kid, and he went on a religious channel and urged people not to watch the show because it was filth. By the way, he's still collecting his $300,000 a week," Moonves quipped.
When asked »
- Alex Moaba
Similar News ItemsCharlie Sheen
- Anger Management Returns; Partners Debuts August 4th (From TVSeriesFinale. 30 July 2014, 12:36 AM, PDT)
- Who said it, Justin Bieber or Johnny Manziel? (From EW.com - PopWatch. 29 July 2014, 10:23 AM, PDT)
- Team USA Soccer Star -- Partying With Paris Hilton ... And Charlie Sheen! (From TMZ. 28 July 2014, 6:39 AM, PDT)
"Two and a Half Men" (2003)
- The Big Bang Theory Season 8 Filming Delayed By Salary Dispute (From Obsessed with Film. 31 July 2014, 3:50 AM, PDT)
- Extant Recap: The Unkindest Cut (From TVLine.com. 30 July 2014, 8:28 PM, PDT)
- CBS 2013-14 Season Ratings (updated 7/30/14) (From TVSeriesFinale. 30 July 2014, 1:56 PM, PDT)
Angus T. Jones
- 'Veep' and other TV shows that outgrew their titles (From EW.com - PopWatch. 11 June 2014, 1:14 PM, PDT)
- Two and A Half Men’s 12 Season Will be Final One (From Boomtron. 14 May 2014, 5:43 PM, PDT)
- It's Official: "Two and a Half Men" to End After Season 12 (From TooFab. 14 May 2014, 8:45 AM, PDT)