There’s no escape quite like what you can find in the pages of a good book. A good book makes everything around you melt away. A good book overtakes you and replaces the events of your life with those found in its pages, if only for a brief, intense time.
This is something Bobby Bunting knows full well. He’s a 35-year-old man trapped in a life so mundane and unhappy that seeking escape becomes his primary concern. He finds it in odd ways, including the kind of absorption in books that crosses the line from simple enjoyment to disturbing and unnatural levels of immersion.
You’ll find yourself sucked into Bunting’s story as you read Peter Straub’s novella The Buffalo Hunter. Not, one hopes, to the level that Bunting gets sucked into books like Raymond Chandler’s The Lady in the Lake, or Tolstoy’s Anna Karenina. »
- Blu Gilliand
Similar News ItemsAnna Karenina (2012/I)
- New poster and trailer for Seventh Son (From Flickeringmyth. 28 August 2014, 12:54 PM, PDT)
- Ewan McGregor & Brenton Thwaites in First Trailer for 'Son of a Gun' (From FirstShowing.net. 26 August 2014, 3:19 PM, PDT)
- Henry Cavill Is A Suave Secret Agent In First Official Photos From The Man From U.N.C.L.E. (From We Got This Covered. 25 August 2014, 11:04 AM, PDT)
- Garry Marshall's Play 'Billy & Ray' to Star Vincent Kartheiser (From The Hollywood Reporter. 27 August 2014, 10:35 AM, PDT)
- 'Mad Men' star Vincent Kartheiser to play Billy Wilder on stage (From EW.com - PopWatch. 26 August 2014, 2:40 PM, PDT)
- Photos: Lebowski Fest Returns to New York to Celebrate The Coen Brothers' Cult Classic Film (From The Daily BLAM!. 24 August 2014)
October Country (2009)
- Book Review: 'Rose of Sharon and Other Stories' by Gary A. Braunbeck (From FEARnet. 10 April 2014, 2:00 PM, PDT)
- Book Review - 'Joe Ledger: Special Ops' by Jonathan Maberry (From FEARnet. 3 April 2014)
- Book Review: 'The End is Nigh' Edited by John Joseph Adams and Hugh Howey (From FEARnet. 27 March 2014, 12:00 PM, PDT)