Exciting news for fans of Guillermo del Toro and his forthcoming massive monster mash-up Pacific Rim, with word that production company Legendary Pictures are eager for more – even with 6 months before the first films’ release.
Legendary are sensing a strong film is currently in post-production and have tasked the original’s screenwriter Travis Beacham with writing a follow-up with del Toro supervising the script. No word yet if the Hellboy and Pans Labyrinth director will be at the helm again considering he has a number of other passionate projects on the horizon, but if the sci-fi epic is a hit, expect him to return in some capacity.
Last week, Pacific Rim’s website and viral campaign got underway bringing a number of mysterious videos featuring a glimpse at some of the giant Kaiju alien invaders as well as five blueprint designs for huge human-piloted robots serving as Earth best defence. »
- Craig Hunter
Similar News ItemsGuillermo del Toro
- The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug review - Digital Spy verdict (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 8 December 2013, 10:00 AM, PST)
- The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug reviews: Middle-earth or middling? (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 7 December 2013, 7:09 AM, PST)
- 5 Films Luc Besson Deserves A Lot More Attention For (From Obsessed with Film. 6 December 2013, 2:09 PM, PST)
- Can Idris Elba make 'Long Walk' to Oscars by playing Nelson Mandela? (From Gold Derby. 9 December 2013, 12:55 PM, PST)
- Best of 2013: Who Is the Sexiest Man of the Year? (From Popsugar. 9 December 2013, 9:20 AM, PST)
- Twitchvision: Jason Gorber Talks Mandela And Movies (From Twitch. 9 December 2013, 7:30 AM, PST)
Pacific Rim (2013)
- 'Man of Steel' and 'The Great Gatsby' Snubbed on Academy's Best Visual Effects Short List (From Movies.com. 9 December 2013, 2:00 PM, PST)
- Oscars: 'Gravity' Has Visual Effects Sewn Up, But What About The Other Tech Categories? (From The Playlist. 9 December 2013, 1:51 PM, PST)
- ‘Godzilla’ Viral Campaign Investigates Strange Activities Within the Earth (From Screen Rant. 9 December 2013, 12:13 PM, PST)