Exciting news for fans of Guillermo del Toro and his forthcoming massive monster mash-up Pacific Rim, with word that production company Legendary Pictures are eager for more – even with 6 months before the first films’ release.
Legendary are sensing a strong film is currently in post-production and have tasked the original’s screenwriter Travis Beacham with writing a follow-up with del Toro supervising the script. No word yet if the Hellboy and Pans Labyrinth director will be at the helm again considering he has a number of other passionate projects on the horizon, but if the sci-fi epic is a hit, expect him to return in some capacity.
Last week, Pacific Rim’s website and viral campaign got underway bringing a number of mysterious videos featuring a glimpse at some of the giant Kaiju alien invaders as well as five blueprint designs for huge human-piloted robots serving as Earth best defence. »
- Craig Hunter
Similar News ItemsGuillermo del Toro
- Hideo Kojima says farewell to Metal Gear in new video (From Den of Geek. 2 September 2015, 1:08 AM, PDT)
- 50 Greatest Comic Book Movie Adaptations (From SoundOnSight. 1 September 2015, 7:30 PM, PDT)
- IMAX to launch new laser system in London (From ScreenDaily. 1 September 2015, 5:01 PM, PDT)
- Simon Pegg shares Star Trek Beyond outtakes in new Omaze video (From Flickeringmyth. 2 September 2015, 2:00 AM, PDT)
- James Bond Author Backtracks on Idris Elba ‘Street’ Comments: ‘I Am Mortified’ (From The Wrap. 1 September 2015, 9:34 PM, PDT)
- Venice Lineup Promises More Than Just Oscar Bait (From Variety - Film News. 1 September 2015, 2:30 PM, PDT)
Pacific Rim (2013)
- Box Office: Chinese Crowds Lifting ‘Terminator Genisys’ Into Hit Territory (From Variety - Film News. 30 August 2015, 2:19 PM, PDT)
- Bad Movies & Bad Content: There Has To Be Consequences (From Flickeringmyth. 30 August 2015, 1:29 PM, PDT)
- Godzilla In Pacific Rim 3? Guillermo Del Toro Wants It (From Cinema Blend. 28 August 2015, 12:43 PM, PDT)