Having toppled The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2 to climb back to the top of the UK box office chart this past weekend, the James Bond franchise has celebrated its 50th anniversary in style with 007's 23rd official screen adventure Skyfall surpassing the £94 million haul of James Cameron's Avatar today to become the UK's highest-grossing film of all time.
Directed by Academy Award-winner Sam Mendes (American Beauty), Skyfall sees Daniel Craig reprising the role of 007 for a third time after Casino Royale and Quantum of Solace, and features a supporting cast that includes Judi Dench, Javier Bardem, Ralph Fiennes, Ben Wishaw, Albert Finney, Naomie Harris, Bérénice Marlohe and Ola Rapace.
After just 40 days on release, Skyfall has banked £94,277,162 and looks set to become the first film to crack £100 million in the UK. Globally, the film has amassed $870 million to date to shatter the previous franchise high of »
Similar News ItemsThe Dark Knight Rises (2012)
- Anne Hathaway Says ‘Internalized Misogyny’ May Have Impacted Her View of Female Filmmakers (From Indiewire. 22 April 2017, 5:19 AM, PDT)
- Christopher Nolan’s Dunkirk Treats IMAX Cameras As If They’re GoPros (From We Got This Covered. 21 April 2017, 3:15 PM, PDT)
- Exclusive: The Meteoric Rise of ‘Hidden Figures’ and ‘Scream Queens’ Star Glen Powell (From Entertainment Tonight. 21 April 2017, 11:55 AM, PDT)
James Cameron (I)
- James Cameron’s Avatar sequels have new release dates (From The Hollywood News. 24 April 2017, 12:08 AM, PDT)
- Release Dates Set for ‘Avatar’ Sequels (From Uinterview. 23 April 2017, 1:10 PM, PDT)
- 'Avatar' sequel dates unveiled (From ScreenDaily. 23 April 2017, 11:58 AM, PDT)
Daniel Craig (I)
- Steven Soderbergh talks up his return to directing with Lucky Logan (From The Hollywood News. 24 April 2017, 12:39 AM, PDT)
- Five studios reportedly vying for Bond 25 distribution rights (From Flickeringmyth. 23 April 2017, 5:20 AM, PDT)
- Studios Bid For James Bond Distribution Rights (From CinemaRetro. 22 April 2017, 7:13 AM, PDT)