Now that the infernal embargo has finally been lifted, the first wave of reviews for Peter Jackson‘s The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey have made their way online, and the results are invariably mixed to say the least.
Whereas most critics have complimented the film’s action sequences and its inherent fun factor, they have been quick to criticize Jackson’s decision to shoot in 48Fps, a move that has caused many of them to compare the look of the film to that of a TV movie. The consensus so far, then, is that this thing isn’t anywhere nearly as good as The Fellowship of the Ring, and lacks the character appeal and pace of that much better movie. Alas, not a single 10/10 or 5 star review in sight.
Gollum’s sequence – which takes place at around the 90 minute mark – has been pointed out as a highlight of the film, »
- T.J. Barnard
Similar News ItemsJames Cameron (I)
- More Images From "Terminator: Genisys" (From SneakPeek. 25 December 2014, 6:07 AM, PST)
- Weta's Letteri On "Avatar" Sequel Ambitions (From Dark Horizons. 24 December 2014, 4:23 AM, PST)
- Visual Effects Guru Weta Digital Says Avatar Sequels Stand As The “Most Ambitious” Projects They’ve Worked On (From We Got This Covered. 23 December 2014, 10:33 AM, PST)
Peter Jackson (I)
- Best of the Week: From 'Into the Woods' to 'Unbroken,' Our Top Holiday Stories (From Thompson on Hollywood. 26 December 2014, 9:16 AM, PST)
- Teaser Trailer for Thunderbirds Are Go! (From GeekTyrant. 26 December 2014, 8:31 AM, PST)
- Box Office: ‘The Interview’ Earns Nearly $1 Million on Christmas; ‘Unbroken,’ ‘Into the Woods’ Surging to $40M (From Variety - Film News. 25 December 2014, 11:11 PM, PST)
- Movie review of 2014: Year in pictures - Oscars, Marvel, Batfleck, more (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 25 December 2014, 1:00 AM, PST)
- Billy Boyd Talks Writing the Song “The Last Goodbye” for The Hobbit: The Battle Of The Five Armies, What He Would Ask J. R. R. Tolkien, and More (From Collider.com. 22 December 2014, 6:49 PM, PST)
- Red Carpet: Best Looks of 2014 (From FilmExperience. 22 December 2014, 7:00 AM, PST)