While we appreciate the humor around the secrecy of Abrams’ work, and the success of the marketing gimmick, it didn’t make up for the lack of information surrounding the Star Trek sequel or that somewhat bitter taste left behind from the announcement that the film will be post-converted into 3D. What will make up for that is the fact that Abrams is shooting some of the film in IMAX, and potentially, what’s coming in the next two weeks.
The Paramount marketing warp engine just recently began to power up, and we now have the official Star Trek 2 synopsis along with a familiar, yet fitting one-sheet. Nine minutes of exclusive footage will play ...
Click to continue »
- Rob Keyes
Similar News ItemsJ.J. Abrams
- How Daisy Ridley went from bit parts to lead in Star Wars: The Force Awakens (From The Guardian - Film News. 27 November 2015, 11:00 PM, PST)
- How J.J. Abrams Made Star Wars 7's Lightsaber Battles Different From The Prequels (From Cinema Blend. 27 November 2015, 4:44 PM, PST)
- J.J. Abrams' 3 Unexpected Influences On Star Wars: The Force Awakens (From Cinema Blend. 27 November 2015, 2:33 PM, PST)
Star Trek (2009)
- Killing Them Safely and Janis: Little Girl Blue Are Two of the Year's Best Documentaries (From Vulture. 27 November 2015, 1:03 PM, PST)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens gets three retro posters (From Flickeringmyth. 27 November 2015, 11:41 AM, PST)
- Track listing for the Star Wars: The Force Awakens score gives clues to the plot (From Flickeringmyth. 27 November 2015, 6:09 AM, PST)
Star Trek Into Darkness (2013)
- Star Trek Beyond Confirmed For An IMAX Release In 2016 (From We Got This Covered. 24 November 2015, 2:51 PM, PST)
- ‘Star Trek Beyond’ Getting Imax Release (From Variety - Film News. 24 November 2015, 10:02 AM, PST)
- 'Star Trek Beyond' Is Coming to IMAX Worldwide in Summer 2016 (From MovieWeb. 24 November 2015, 8:56 AM, PST)