The higher they fly, the farther they fall, right?
Eddie Murphy, who was largely considered to be box office gold during his '80s and early '90s heyday, has now been certified as Hollywood's most overpaid actor of the year by Forbes.
According to their number crunching of Murphy's earned salary over his last three movies — "Imagine That," "A Thousand Words" and "Meet Dave" — versus those films' box office muster, the movies have only brought in around $2.30 for every $1 he earned. Those are some slim profit margins.
Forbes twisted the knife farther by making note of Murphy's dismal "Tower Heist" numbers from last year (a pithy $78 million earned domestically on a $75 million production budget) and his recusal of the 2012 Oscars hosting post as evidence of his fallen star status.
This isn't the first time Murphy's been fingered as an overearner by Forbes, either. Last year, he placed number two »
- Amanda Bell
Similar News ItemsSandra Bullock
- What if Alien's Ripley was a man? 6 great female roles that were written as male (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 8 October 2015, 7:28 AM, PDT)
- Keanu Reeves When He Read the Script for Speed 2: ‘Ahhh!’ (From Vulture. 8 October 2015, 6:59 AM, PDT)
- How Sandra Bullock Was Able To Land A Role Written For A Man In Her New Movie (From Cinema Blend. 6 October 2015, 2:40 PM, PDT)
- Sarah Michelle Gellar and Reese Witherspoon's Kids Are Best Friends, Sometimes Carpool (From Us Weekly. 8 October 2015, 10:17 AM, PDT)
- Meet Reese Witherspoon's Newest (and Super Cute) Four-Legged Family Addition! (From E! Online. 7 October 2015, 4:52 PM, PDT)
- Meet LouAnn, the Newest Member of Reese Witherspoon's Family (From Popsugar. 7 October 2015, 4:30 PM, PDT)
- 12 Wtf Horror Films You Need To See Before You Die (From Obsessed with Film. 7 October 2015, 8:56 AM, PDT)
- Screenwriter Andrew Kevin Walker Keen On 8Mm Remake (From We Got This Covered. 7 October 2015, 8:01 AM, PDT)
- Watch: Meet the 'Merchant of Death' in Exclusive 'The Notorious Mr. Bout' Trailer and Poster (From Indiewire. 6 October 2015, 8:33 AM, PDT)