The higher they fly, the farther they fall, right?
Eddie Murphy, who was largely considered to be box office gold during his '80s and early '90s heyday, has now been certified as Hollywood's most overpaid actor of the year by Forbes.
According to their number crunching of Murphy's earned salary over his last three movies — "Imagine That," "A Thousand Words" and "Meet Dave" — versus those films' box office muster, the movies have only brought in around $2.30 for every $1 he earned. Those are some slim profit margins.
Forbes twisted the knife farther by making note of Murphy's dismal "Tower Heist" numbers from last year (a pithy $78 million earned domestically on a $75 million production budget) and his recusal of the 2012 Oscars hosting post as evidence of his fallen star status.
This isn't the first time Murphy's been fingered as an overearner by Forbes, either. Last year, he placed number two »
- Amanda Bell
Similar News ItemsSandra Bullock
- The Callow Way – Why Stars Are Worth Their Huge Salaries (From Flickeringmyth. 29 March 2015, 8:32 AM, PDT)
- Keanu Classic: Speed (From The Hollywood News. 27 March 2015, 6:30 AM, PDT)
- Dueling Workout Duds: Sandra Bullock vs. Sofia Vergara vs. Naomi Watts (From TooFab. 26 March 2015, 4:00 PM, PDT)
- Reese Witherspoon's Instagram Will Make You Fall in Love With Her All Over Again (From Popsugar. 27 March 2015, 2:05 PM, PDT)
- See How Reese Witherspoon Adorably Celebrated Her Wedding Anniversary (From Popsugar. 26 March 2015, 1:45 PM, PDT)
- Reese Witherspoon Celebrates Four Years of Marriage With CAA Agent Jim Toth: "He Makes Me Laugh Every Day" (From E! Online. 26 March 2015, 11:35 AM, PDT)
- Mark of the Devil | Blu-Ray Review (From ioncinema. 24 March 2015, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- Wu Jing's 'Wolf Warrior' heads to Us (From ScreenDaily. 24 March 2015)
- ‘The Remaining’ DVD Review (From Blogomatic3000. 22 March 2015, 9:33 AM, PDT)