The higher they fly, the farther they fall, right?
Eddie Murphy, who was largely considered to be box office gold during his '80s and early '90s heyday, has now been certified as Hollywood's most overpaid actor of the year by Forbes.
According to their number crunching of Murphy's earned salary over his last three movies — "Imagine That," "A Thousand Words" and "Meet Dave" — versus those films' box office muster, the movies have only brought in around $2.30 for every $1 he earned. Those are some slim profit margins.
Forbes twisted the knife farther by making note of Murphy's dismal "Tower Heist" numbers from last year (a pithy $78 million earned domestically on a $75 million production budget) and his recusal of the 2012 Oscars hosting post as evidence of his fallen star status.
This isn't the first time Murphy's been fingered as an overearner by Forbes, either. Last year, he placed number two »
- Amanda Bell
Similar News ItemsSandra Bullock
- La La Land and 13 Other Best Picture Frontrunners That Missed the Outstanding Cast Nod at the SAGs (From PEOPLE.com. 24 January 2017, 9:36 AM, PST)
- Jesse James Slams Women’s March On Washington — And Addresses Cheating On Sandra Bullock (From ET Canada. 23 January 2017, 1:58 PM, PST)
- 5 things you may not know about John Wick 2 star Keanu Reeves (From Cineplex. 23 January 2017, 6:03 AM, PST)
- Exclusive Interview: Taron Egerton on career choices, dancing and ‘Sing’ (From The Hollywood News. 24 January 2017, 2:12 AM, PST)
- Sequel Bits: ‘Bad Boys 3,’ ‘Jurassic World 2,’ ‘Goosebumps 2,’ ‘Ocean’s Eight’ (From Slash Film. 23 January 2017, 5:00 PM, PST)
- Big Little Lies: Everyone Has Dirty Secrets in New HBO Trailer (From TVSeriesFinale. 20 January 2017, 2:30 PM, PST)
- Wamg Giveaway – Win USS Indianapolis: Men Of Courage on Blu-ray (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 24 January 2017, 9:13 AM, PST)
- 2017 Razzies Nominations Announced, 'Zoolander 2' Earns Most Nominations (From Entertainment Tonight. 23 January 2017, 9:43 AM, PST)
- 2017 Razzie Awards Nominations Announced (From MovieWeb. 23 January 2017, 8:58 AM, PST)