Did Guillermo del Toro clone himself? His ever-growing list of projects seems like too much work for one man.
Hot on the heals of news about The Strain, Pacific Rim, Frankenstein, and The Haunted Mansion, Deadline announced del Toro has a new project in the works and it sounds awesome. He’ll be directing Crimson Peak, a homage to the classic ghost stories of his youth with a modern update. He hopes to honor the “grand dames” of classic haunted tales.
“To me that is Robert Wise’s The Haunting, which was a big movie, beautifully directed, with the house built magnificently. And the other grand daddy is Jack Clayton’s The Innocents. I’ve always tried to make big-sized horror movies like the ones I grew up watching,” del Toro told Deadline. “Films like The Omen, The Exorcist and The Shining, the latter of which is another Mount Everest of the haunted house movie. »
- Sara Castillo
Similar News ItemsGuillermo del Toro
- ‘Ouija,’ ‘John Wick,’ Lead Top Five Friday, Bill Murray Graces ‘St. Vincent’ In Box Office Weekend (From Deadline New York. 24 October 2014, 11:51 PM, PDT)
- ‘The Last Witch Hunter’ Starring Vin Diesel Gets 2015 Release Date (From Deadline New York. 24 October 2014, 10:19 AM, PDT)
- Ron Perlman Talks The Book Of Life, His Creative Partnership with Guillermo del Toro, Hand Of God, Pacific Rim 2, and More (From Collider.com. 23 October 2014, 7:45 AM, PDT)
Pacific Rim (2013)
- The Book of Life movie review: what’s a woman for? (From FlickFilosopher. 24 October 2014, 8:59 AM, PDT)
- ‘Big Hero 6′ Gets Typically Japanese Launch Ahead of Tokyo World Premiere (From Variety - Film News. 22 October 2014, 12:41 AM, PDT)
- Scream Factory Announces Robot Jox Blu-ray (From DailyDead. 21 October 2014, 1:48 PM, PDT)
Robert Wise (I)
- Trio of Classic Horror Films Screening in Jersey City This Weekend (From Horror News. 22 October 2014, 5:35 AM, PDT)
- Top Ten Oscar Theater Movies Or (The Unexpected Hook of Birdman) (From FilmExperience. 21 October 2014, 4:00 PM, PDT)
- Film Review: ‘Magician: The Astonishing Life and Work of Orson Welles’ (From Variety - Film News. 20 October 2014, 6:58 PM, PDT)