Did Guillermo del Toro clone himself? His ever-growing list of projects seems like too much work for one man.
Hot on the heals of news about The Strain, Pacific Rim, Frankenstein, and The Haunted Mansion, Deadline announced del Toro has a new project in the works and it sounds awesome. He’ll be directing Crimson Peak, a homage to the classic ghost stories of his youth with a modern update. He hopes to honor the “grand dames” of classic haunted tales.
“To me that is Robert Wise’s The Haunting, which was a big movie, beautifully directed, with the house built magnificently. And the other grand daddy is Jack Clayton’s The Innocents. I’ve always tried to make big-sized horror movies like the ones I grew up watching,” del Toro told Deadline. “Films like The Omen, The Exorcist and The Shining, the latter of which is another Mount Everest of the haunted house movie. »
- Sara Castillo
Similar News ItemsGuillermo del Toro
- Comic-Con: Inside Guillermo del Toro's 'Crimson Peak' and 'Pacific Rim' Experiences (From The Hollywood Reporter. 23 July 2014, 10:21 PM, PDT)
- Guillermo Del Toro Redesigns ‘Pacific Rim’ For Virtual Reality (From The Wrap. 23 July 2014, 10:11 PM, PDT)
- Comic-Con 2014: 'Crimson Peak' Gallery & 'Pacific Rim' Oculus Rift (From FirstShowing.net. 23 July 2014, 10:08 PM, PDT)
Pacific Rim (2013)
- First logo for Warcraft movie revealed at Sdcc (From Flickeringmyth. 24 July 2014, 2:05 AM, PDT)
- #SDCC14: Exclusive - Guillermo del Toro Gives Us a First Look at Crimson Peak (From Dread Central. 24 July 2014, 2:01 AM, PDT)
- Sdcc'14: An Evening Piloting A Jaeger And Visiting With Guillermo Del Toro (From ComicBookMovie. 24 July 2014, 1:58 AM, PDT)
Robert Wise (I)
- Sound on Sight: Top 10 Random “Sound” and “Sight” Movie Titles (From SoundOnSight. 14 July 2014, 2:25 PM, PDT)
- Human vs. Alien Films: The Must-Sees (From SoundOnSight. 12 July 2014, 7:37 PM, PDT)
- Listen: Theremin Studio Sessions For Bernard Herrmann's Score For 'The Day The Earth Stood Still' (From The Playlist. 10 July 2014, 2:05 PM, PDT)