Did Guillermo del Toro clone himself? His ever-growing list of projects seems like too much work for one man.
Hot on the heals of news about The Strain, Pacific Rim, Frankenstein, and The Haunted Mansion, Deadline announced del Toro has a new project in the works and it sounds awesome. He’ll be directing Crimson Peak, a homage to the classic ghost stories of his youth with a modern update. He hopes to honor the “grand dames” of classic haunted tales.
“To me that is Robert Wise’s The Haunting, which was a big movie, beautifully directed, with the house built magnificently. And the other grand daddy is Jack Clayton’s The Innocents. I’ve always tried to make big-sized horror movies like the ones I grew up watching,” del Toro told Deadline. “Films like The Omen, The Exorcist and The Shining, the latter of which is another Mount Everest of the haunted house movie. »
- Sara Castillo
Similar News ItemsGuillermo del Toro
- The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug review - Digital Spy verdict (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 8 December 2013, 10:00 AM, PST)
- The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug reviews: Middle-earth or middling? (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 7 December 2013, 7:09 AM, PST)
- 5 Films Luc Besson Deserves A Lot More Attention For (From Obsessed with Film. 6 December 2013, 2:09 PM, PST)
Pacific Rim (2013)
- 'Man of Steel' and 'The Great Gatsby' Snubbed on Academy's Best Visual Effects Short List (From Movies.com. 9 December 2013, 2:00 PM, PST)
- Oscars: 'Gravity' Has Visual Effects Sewn Up, But What About The Other Tech Categories? (From The Playlist. 9 December 2013, 1:51 PM, PST)
- ‘Godzilla’ Viral Campaign Investigates Strange Activities Within the Earth (From Screen Rant. 9 December 2013, 12:13 PM, PST)
Robert Wise (I)
- Julie Andrews' Rival in The Sound Of Music, 3-Time Oscar Nominee Has Died (From Alt Film Guide. 9 December 2013, 4:54 PM, PST)
- Blu-ray Review: The Haunting (1963) (From Horror News. 6 December 2013, 11:15 AM, PST)
- ‘The Sound of Music Live’ Reviews: Critics Think Carrie Underwood’s Acting Is Biggest Problem (From The Wrap. 6 December 2013, 9:20 AM, PST)