Anderson Cooper is opening up about a health scare last week that caused him to go blind for 36 hours while he was shooting on location out of the country.
On today's episode of his daytime talk show Anderson Live, Cooper said he woke up in the middle of the night with burning eyes and later discovered that he'd temporarily gone blind while shooting a story for the CBS News show 60 Minutes in Portugal.
Video: Behind-The-Scenes of Anderson Live
He said the shooting schedule required him to be on a boat for a few hours on an overcast day and he later discovered that and the sun exposure caused his eye problems. "I wake up in the middle of the night and it feels like my eyes are on fire -- my eyeballs -- and I think, oh maybe I have sand in my eyes or something," he explained. "I douse my eyes with water. Anyway, it turns »
Similar News Items"Dancing with the Stars" (2005/I)
- ABC 2015-16 Season Ratings (updated 2/10/16) (From TVSeriesFinale. 10 February 2016, 12:33 PM, PST)
- The First Celebrity Ambassador for Prince Harry's Invictus Games Is . . . (From PEOPLE.com. 10 February 2016, 10:35 AM, PST)
- 'The Amazing Race' predictions: Tyler Oakley & Korey Kuhl are early favorites to win (From Gold Derby. 9 February 2016, 11:48 AM, PST)
- Anderson Cooper and 'Black Widow' (From SneakPeek. 10 February 2016, 7:08 AM, PST)
- CNN’s Town Hall Gives It a Win Over Fox News (From The Wrap. 4 February 2016, 2:26 PM, PST)
- Bernie Sanders: 'I Am Larry David' (From PEOPLE.com. 4 February 2016, 1:50 PM, PST)
CBS News [us]
- ‘Face the Nation’s’ John Dickerson Talks New Hampshire Vote, Trump & Gop’s 4-Way Fight for No. 2 (From Variety - TV News. 9 February 2016, 6:53 AM, PST)
- Apple Martin's Adorable Concerns Have Come to Fruition as Dad's Band Coldplay Becomes Super Bowl Meme (From PEOPLE.com. 8 February 2016, 9:25 AM, PST)
- Apple Martin's Adorable Concerns Have Come to Fruition as Dad's Band Coldplay Becomes Super Bowl Memes (From PEOPLE.com. 8 February 2016, 9:25 AM, PST)