Anderson Cooper is opening up about a health scare last week that caused him to go blind for 36 hours while he was shooting on location out of the country.
On today's episode of his daytime talk show Anderson Live, Cooper said he woke up in the middle of the night with burning eyes and later discovered that he'd temporarily gone blind while shooting a story for the CBS News show 60 Minutes in Portugal.
Video: Behind-The-Scenes of Anderson Live
He said the shooting schedule required him to be on a boat for a few hours on an overcast day and he later discovered that and the sun exposure caused his eye problems. "I wake up in the middle of the night and it feels like my eyes are on fire -- my eyeballs -- and I think, oh maybe I have sand in my eyes or something," he explained. "I douse my eyes with water. Anyway, it turns »
Similar News Items"Dancing with the Stars" (2005/I)
- NBC Tops in Demos, CBS Takes Total Viewers in First Week of TV Season (From Variety - TV News. 30 September 2014, 4:04 PM, PDT)
- ABC 2014-15 Season Ratings (updated 9/30/14) (From TVSeriesFinale. 30 September 2014, 3:31 PM, PDT)
- 2014-15 TV Show Season Ratings (week 1) (From TVSeriesFinale. 30 September 2014, 2:54 PM, PDT)
- 60 Minutes: 2014-15 Ratings (From TVSeriesFinale. 29 September 2014, 1:40 PM, PDT)
- Watch Courtney B. Vance, Gloria Reuben & Stephen Kind 'Find Their Roots' (Full Premiere Episode Now Online) (From ShadowAndAct. 24 September 2014, 10:08 AM, PDT)
- CNN Puts Greater Emphasis on Original Series in Primetime (From Variety - TV News. 23 September 2014, 1:50 PM, PDT)
CBS News [us]
- Saturday Morning Cartoons Are Officially Dead (From GeekTyrant. 29 September 2014, 11:15 AM, PDT)
- Watch 'The Simpsons' Invade 'Family Guy' (From Rolling Stone. 29 September 2014, 8:12 AM, PDT)
- Season finale review: 'Masters of Sex' - 'The Revolution Will Not Be Televised' (From Hitfix. 28 September 2014, 8:01 PM, PDT)