Anderson Cooper is opening up about a health scare last week that caused him to go blind for 36 hours while he was shooting on location out of the country.
On today's episode of his daytime talk show Anderson Live, Cooper said he woke up in the middle of the night with burning eyes and later discovered that he'd temporarily gone blind while shooting a story for the CBS News show 60 Minutes in Portugal.
Video: Behind-The-Scenes of Anderson Live
He said the shooting schedule required him to be on a boat for a few hours on an overcast day and he later discovered that and the sun exposure caused his eye problems. "I wake up in the middle of the night and it feels like my eyes are on fire -- my eyeballs -- and I think, oh maybe I have sand in my eyes or something," he explained. "I douse my eyes with water. Anyway, it turns »
Similar News Items"Dancing with the Stars" (2005/I)
- Bindi Irwin Shares a Sweet Message After Winning Dancing With the Stars (From BuzzSugar. 25 November 2015, 8:00 PM, PST)
- What’s Next for Bindi Irwin After ‘Dancing With the Stars’ Win? (From The Wrap. 25 November 2015, 3:30 PM, PST)
- Bindi Irwin on ‘Dancing With the Stars’ Win: It ‘Has Changed My Life’ (Video) (From The Wrap. 25 November 2015, 2:11 PM, PST)
- E! Cancels 'The Soup' After 22 Years (From MovieWeb. 18 November 2015, 1:31 PM, PST)
- E!s ‘The Soup’ Ending After Joel McHale’s Current Season Wraps this December (From Variety - TV News. 18 November 2015, 11:25 AM, PST)
- News Networks Send Anchors to Cover Paris Attacks (From Variety - TV News. 14 November 2015, 12:37 PM, PST)
CBS News [us]
- Robert Redford in 'Truth': First acting Oscar for playing Dan Rather? (From Gold Derby. 25 November 2015, 12:30 PM, PST)
- Vic Mensa Involved in Confrontation With Chicago Police During Protest for Laquan McDonald (From Vulture. 25 November 2015, 6:38 AM, PST)
- Fox News, CNN, Broadcast Networks Unite to Fight Donald Trump’s Reporter Restrictions (From The Wrap. 23 November 2015, 9:24 AM, PST)