Anderson Cooper is opening up about a health scare last week that caused him to go blind for 36 hours while he was shooting on location out of the country.
On today's episode of his daytime talk show Anderson Live, Cooper said he woke up in the middle of the night with burning eyes and later discovered that he'd temporarily gone blind while shooting a story for the CBS News show 60 Minutes in Portugal.
Video: Behind-The-Scenes of Anderson Live
He said the shooting schedule required him to be on a boat for a few hours on an overcast day and he later discovered that and the sun exposure caused his eye problems. "I wake up in the middle of the night and it feels like my eyes are on fire -- my eyeballs -- and I think, oh maybe I have sand in my eyes or something," he explained. "I douse my eyes with water. Anyway, it turns »
Similar News Items"Dancing with the Stars" (2005/I)
- ABC 2013-14 Season Ratings (updated 7/22/14) (From TVSeriesFinale. 23 July 2014, 12:06 AM, PDT)
- Fall TV First Impression: CBS' Scorpion (From TVLine.com. 22 July 2014, 8:06 AM, PDT)
- New Couple Nikki Reed & Ian Somerhalder Go For A Jog In La (From Uinterview. 21 July 2014, 9:00 PM, PDT)
- Ex-nfl Coach Tony Dungy Backtracks on Michael Sam Remarks: ‘I Feel Badly’ (From The Wrap. 22 July 2014, 1:04 PM, PDT)
- From Nick Lachey's Baby Joy to Kendra Wilkinson's Marriage Crisis, Readers Drawn to Mom Stories (From PEOPLE.com. 19 July 2014, 7:45 AM, PDT)
- From Nick Lachey's Baby Joy to Kendra Wilkinson's Marriage Crisis, Readers Drawn to Mom Stories (From PEOPLE.com. 19 July 2014, 7:40 AM, PDT)
CBS News [us]
- Madeline Amgott Dead: Pioneering Female TV News Producer Dies at 92 (From Variety - TV News. 22 July 2014, 2:03 PM, PDT)
- George Harrison Memorial Tree Destroyed by Beetles (From Entertainment Tonight. 22 July 2014, 9:15 AM, PDT)
- Court: Philip Seymour Hoffman Didn't Want 'Trust Fund' Kids (From Entertainment Tonight. 21 July 2014, 8:17 AM, PDT)