Anderson Cooper is opening up about a health scare last week that caused him to go blind for 36 hours while he was shooting on location out of the country.
On today's episode of his daytime talk show Anderson Live, Cooper said he woke up in the middle of the night with burning eyes and later discovered that he'd temporarily gone blind while shooting a story for the CBS News show 60 Minutes in Portugal.
Video: Behind-The-Scenes of Anderson Live
He said the shooting schedule required him to be on a boat for a few hours on an overcast day and he later discovered that and the sun exposure caused his eye problems. "I wake up in the middle of the night and it feels like my eyes are on fire -- my eyeballs -- and I think, oh maybe I have sand in my eyes or something," he explained. "I douse my eyes with water. Anyway, it turns »
Similar News Items"Dancing with the Stars" (2005/I)
- ABC 2013-14 Season Ratings [updated 12/6/13] (From TVSeriesFinale. 6 December 2013, 1:19 PM, PST)
- Dianna Agron, Heather Morris returning for 'Glee' 100th episode (From Zap2It - From Inside the Box. 5 December 2013, 2:44 PM, PST)
- Happy Birthday, Margaret Cho! Here’s Why We Love You. (From The Backlot. 5 December 2013, 1:56 PM, PST)
- Nelson Mandela’s Death: Muhammad Ali & Other Celebs React (From HollywoodLife. 5 December 2013, 5:42 PM, PST)
- Remembering Madiba: Paul Simon, Bill Clinton, P. Diddy, Clint Eastwood, more share thoughts on Nelson Mandela (From EW.com - PopWatch. 5 December 2013, 5:24 PM, PST)
- Nets Race to Cover Aftermath of Mandela Death (From Variety - TV News. 5 December 2013, 2:56 PM, PST)
CBS News [us]
- Nelson Mandela Dies at 95 (From Variety - Film News. 5 December 2013, 1:48 PM, PST)
- Paul Walker secretly purchased $10k engagement ring for military couple (From RealBollywood. 5 December 2013, 12:43 AM, PST)
- Seattle Seahawks Fans Set New Noise Record, Triggers Seismic Activity (t) (From Uinterview (t). 2 December 2013, 9:00 PM, PST)