Anderson Cooper is opening up about a health scare last week that caused him to go blind for 36 hours while he was shooting on location out of the country.
On today's episode of his daytime talk show Anderson Live, Cooper said he woke up in the middle of the night with burning eyes and later discovered that he'd temporarily gone blind while shooting a story for the CBS News show 60 Minutes in Portugal.
Video: Behind-The-Scenes of Anderson Live
He said the shooting schedule required him to be on a boat for a few hours on an overcast day and he later discovered that and the sun exposure caused his eye problems. "I wake up in the middle of the night and it feels like my eyes are on fire -- my eyeballs -- and I think, oh maybe I have sand in my eyes or something," he explained. "I douse my eyes with water. Anyway, it turns »
Similar News Items"Dancing with the Stars" (2005/I)
- TVLine's Performer of the Week: Grant Gustin (From TVLine.com. 23 May 2015, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- Bristol Palin Feels "So Blessed" On What Would Have Been Her Wedding Day: Photo (From Us Weekly. 23 May 2015, 6:38 AM, PDT)
- ABC 2014-15 Season Ratings (updated 5/22/15) (From TVSeriesFinale. 22 May 2015, 1:54 PM, PDT)
- Enemies Conan O'Brien, Jeff Zucker Stun Onlookers, Make Nice at TV Upfronts (From The Hollywood Reporter. 20 May 2015, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- Conan O’Brien Talks Cuba Trip, David Letterman and Dealing with Depression (From Variety - TV News. 16 May 2015, 6:39 PM, PDT)
- Jerry Saltz on Anderson Cooper: ‘Auctions Are a Nasty Piece of Work’ (From Vulture. 13 May 2015, 12:31 PM, PDT)
CBS News [us]
- Questions Over Sumner Redstone’s Health Draw More Scrutiny For Viacom, CBS (From Variety - TV News. 22 May 2015, 8:59 AM, PDT)
- CBS News’ ‘Face the Nation’ Hits Viewership High in Bob Schieffer’s Final Season (From Variety - TV News. 21 May 2015, 12:25 PM, PDT)
- David Letterman live: the final Late Show - as it happened (From The Guardian - TV News. 20 May 2015, 10:01 PM, PDT)