Anderson Cooper is opening up about a health scare last week that caused him to go blind for 36 hours while he was shooting on location out of the country.
On today's episode of his daytime talk show Anderson Live, Cooper said he woke up in the middle of the night with burning eyes and later discovered that he'd temporarily gone blind while shooting a story for the CBS News show 60 Minutes in Portugal.
Video: Behind-The-Scenes of Anderson Live
He said the shooting schedule required him to be on a boat for a few hours on an overcast day and he later discovered that and the sun exposure caused his eye problems. "I wake up in the middle of the night and it feels like my eyes are on fire -- my eyeballs -- and I think, oh maybe I have sand in my eyes or something," he explained. "I douse my eyes with water. Anyway, it turns »
Similar News Items"Dancing with the Stars" (2005/I)
- Johnny Depp Makes His Debut as the Big Bad Wolf, Marvel Releases First Look at Mockingbird Suit + More in Today’s Last Lap (From VH1.com. 22 October 2014, 3:00 PM, PDT)
- ABC 2014-15 Season Ratings (updated 10/22/14) (From TVSeriesFinale. 22 October 2014, 2:04 PM, PDT)
- Will Erin Andrews and an Injured Karina Smirnoff Return to Dancing With the Stars This Season? (From E! Online. 22 October 2014, 12:15 PM, PDT)
- Taylor Swift, Reese Witherspoon and Stars React to Oscar de la Renta's Death (From Entertainment Tonight. 21 October 2014, 12:25 AM, PDT)
- 60 Minutes: 2014-15 Ratings (From TVSeriesFinale. 20 October 2014, 1:33 PM, PDT)
- CNN ‘New Day’ Executive Producer Matt Frucci Latest Layoff Casualty (From The Wrap. 20 October 2014, 12:42 PM, PDT)
CBS News [us]
- CBS News Streaming-Video Service Is Nearing Launch (From Variety - TV News. 22 October 2014, 12:09 PM, PDT)
- CBS TV Stations to Launch Time Capsule Project Featuring ‘Star Trek,’ ‘Happy Days’ (From The Wrap. 21 October 2014, 9:39 AM, PDT)
- Check Out the We The Economy Animated Shorts, Adam McKay’s “The Unbelievably Sweet Alpacas” and Chris Henchy’s “Gdp Smackdown” (From Collider.com. 21 October 2014, 8:49 AM, PDT)