Anderson Cooper is opening up about a health scare last week that caused him to go blind for 36 hours while he was shooting on location out of the country.
On today's episode of his daytime talk show Anderson Live, Cooper said he woke up in the middle of the night with burning eyes and later discovered that he'd temporarily gone blind while shooting a story for the CBS News show 60 Minutes in Portugal.
Video: Behind-The-Scenes of Anderson Live
He said the shooting schedule required him to be on a boat for a few hours on an overcast day and he later discovered that and the sun exposure caused his eye problems. "I wake up in the middle of the night and it feels like my eyes are on fire -- my eyeballs -- and I think, oh maybe I have sand in my eyes or something," he explained. "I douse my eyes with water. Anyway, it turns »
Similar News Items"Dancing with the Stars" (2005/I)
- Rookie Blue Recap: McNally On the Run (From TVLine.com. 27 August 2015, 8:00 PM, PDT)
- Mistresses Recap: Girl Pleas (From TVLine.com. 27 August 2015, 8:00 PM, PDT)
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Alexa PenaVega & Carlos PenaVega join season 21 celeb lineup (From Gold Derby. 27 August 2015, 3:59 PM, PDT)
- Univision’s Jorge Ramos Comes Out Swinging: ‘It’s Not Donald Trump’s Country, This Is Our Country’ (From The Wrap. 27 August 2015, 9:18 PM, PDT)
- CNN Blows Off Anderson Cooper’s Hurricane Katrina Special for Donald Trump Coverage (From The Wrap. 25 August 2015, 7:09 PM, PDT)
- TV News Networks Cover Hurricane Katrina 10-Year Anniversary (From The Wrap. 25 August 2015, 11:23 AM, PDT)
CBS News [us]
- Cate Blanchett to receive BFI Fellowship by Amber Wilkinson - 2015-08-27 14:01:38 (From eyeforfilm.co.uk. 27 August 2015, 6:01 AM, PDT)
- Cate Blanchett To Receive BFI Fellowship at London Film Festival (From Deadline. 27 August 2015, 5:44 AM, PDT)
- Cate Blanchett to Receive British Film Institute Fellowship (From Variety - Film News. 27 August 2015, 5:31 AM, PDT)