Anderson Cooper is opening up about a health scare last week that caused him to go blind for 36 hours while he was shooting on location out of the country.
On today's episode of his daytime talk show Anderson Live, Cooper said he woke up in the middle of the night with burning eyes and later discovered that he'd temporarily gone blind while shooting a story for the CBS News show 60 Minutes in Portugal.
Video: Behind-The-Scenes of Anderson Live
He said the shooting schedule required him to be on a boat for a few hours on an overcast day and he later discovered that and the sun exposure caused his eye problems. "I wake up in the middle of the night and it feels like my eyes are on fire -- my eyeballs -- and I think, oh maybe I have sand in my eyes or something," he explained. "I douse my eyes with water. Anyway, it turns »
Similar News Items"Dancing with the Stars" (2005/I)
- ABC 2013-14 Season Ratings [updated 3/10/14] (From TVSeriesFinale. 10 March 2014, 2:17 PM, PDT)
- Kellie Pickler Performs at Nashville Ballet Ball (From PEOPLE.com. 10 March 2014, 6:50 AM, PDT)
- Stacy Keibler's Secret Mexico Wedding! (From Access Hollywood. 9 March 2014, 10:40 AM, PDT)
- Lawyers, Lemon and Real Life: Are These Some of CNN’s New Primetime Faces? (From Variety - TV News. 7 March 2014, 12:40 PM, PST)
- Anderson Cooper on Anchoring From Kiev: 'It's Tense' (From The Hollywood Reporter. 6 March 2014, 7:51 AM, PST)
- Russian TV Anchor Who Quit On the Air Slams Network: It Was ‘Propagandist’ (From The Wrap. 5 March 2014, 9:52 PM, PST)
CBS News [us]
- CBS News Correspondent Sharyl Attkisson Resigns (From Variety - TV News. 10 March 2014, 12:41 PM, PDT)
- Sharyl Attkisson Resigns From CBS News (From The Hollywood Reporter. 10 March 2014, 12:00 PM, PDT)
- Al Franken Blasts Comcast/Time Warner Cable Merger On ‘CBS This Morning’: Video (From Deadline TV. 10 March 2014, 11:30 AM, PDT)