Anderson Cooper is opening up about a health scare last week that caused him to go blind for 36 hours while he was shooting on location out of the country.
On today's episode of his daytime talk show Anderson Live, Cooper said he woke up in the middle of the night with burning eyes and later discovered that he'd temporarily gone blind while shooting a story for the CBS News show 60 Minutes in Portugal.
Video: Behind-The-Scenes of Anderson Live
He said the shooting schedule required him to be on a boat for a few hours on an overcast day and he later discovered that and the sun exposure caused his eye problems. "I wake up in the middle of the night and it feels like my eyes are on fire -- my eyeballs -- and I think, oh maybe I have sand in my eyes or something," he explained. "I douse my eyes with water. Anyway, it turns »
Similar News Items"Dancing with the Stars" (2005/I)
- The Week in Television: Leonard Nimoy’s Passing, Gaga on American Horror Story & New Arrow and Flash Spin-Off (From TVovermind.com. 27 February 2015, 12:43 PM, PST)
- Who Was Missed During Parks Finale? Can Douche Face Dial It Down? Did Bachelor Desecrate? And More TV Qs (From TVLine.com. 27 February 2015, 11:10 AM, PST)
- Tony Dovolani: The Secret to My DWTS Success Is 'My Wife' (From PEOPLE.com. 27 February 2015, 3:30 AM, PST)
- Andy Cohen and Jimmy Fallon Read Real Housewives Taglines (Video) (From PEOPLE.com. 19 February 2015, 5:35 AM, PST)
- David Carr rest in peace. You will be missed… (From Hollywoodnews.com. 13 February 2015, 11:59 AM, PST)
- Hollywood, Media Stars React to Death of David Carr: An ‘Irreplaceable, American Original’ (From The Wrap. 12 February 2015, 8:44 PM, PST)
CBS News [us]
- CBS News’ Lara Logan Hospitalized With Internal Bleeding (From The Wrap. 27 February 2015, 7:51 AM, PST)
- 60 Minutes' Lara Logan Reportedly Hospitalized for Internal Bleeding (From E! Online. 27 February 2015, 5:51 AM, PST)
- Fox News Channel’s ‘The O’Reilly Factor’ Surges in Ratings (From Variety - TV News. 26 February 2015, 3:07 PM, PST)