Anderson Cooper is opening up about a health scare last week that caused him to go blind for 36 hours while he was shooting on location out of the country.
On today's episode of his daytime talk show Anderson Live, Cooper said he woke up in the middle of the night with burning eyes and later discovered that he'd temporarily gone blind while shooting a story for the CBS News show 60 Minutes in Portugal.
Video: Behind-The-Scenes of Anderson Live
He said the shooting schedule required him to be on a boat for a few hours on an overcast day and he later discovered that and the sun exposure caused his eye problems. "I wake up in the middle of the night and it feels like my eyes are on fire -- my eyeballs -- and I think, oh maybe I have sand in my eyes or something," he explained. "I douse my eyes with water. Anyway, it turns »
Similar News Items"Dancing with the Stars" (2005/I)
- Who Will Win Dancing with the Stars? Carrie Ann Inaba Sizes Up the Season 19 Finalists (From TVGuide - Breaking News. 23 November 2014, 6:05 PM, PST)
- Alfonso Ribeiro is last man standing on 'DWTS' -- can he stop another female sweep of Top 3? (From Gold Derby. 23 November 2014, 2:33 PM, PST)
- Alfonso Ribeiro is last man standing on 'DWTS' -- can he stop another female sweep of top three? (From Gold Derby. 23 November 2014, 2:33 PM, PST)
- How 'Watch What Happens Live' turned awkward into success (From Hitfix. 17 November 2014, 1:21 PM, PST)
- 60 Minutes: 2014-15 Ratings (From TVSeriesFinale. 17 November 2014, 12:36 PM, PST)
- Top Videos: Christoph Waltz's Sesame Street Theme, "Gotham Begins," Box of Lies with Channing Tatum (From TVGuide - Breaking News. 13 November 2014, 8:05 PM, PST)
CBS News [us]
- Bill Cosby Makes New Comments on Accusations (From Entertainment Tonight. 22 November 2014, 8:13 AM, PST)
- Bill Cosby Gets Small Standing Ovation at Comedy Show in Bahamas (From Entertainment Tonight. 21 November 2014, 4:13 AM, PST)
- David Rhodes To Take Over CBS News As Jeff Fager Steps Down (From Variety - TV News. 20 November 2014, 11:44 AM, PST)