Anderson Cooper is opening up about a health scare last week that caused him to go blind for 36 hours while he was shooting on location out of the country.
On today's episode of his daytime talk show Anderson Live, Cooper said he woke up in the middle of the night with burning eyes and later discovered that he'd temporarily gone blind while shooting a story for the CBS News show 60 Minutes in Portugal.
Video: Behind-The-Scenes of Anderson Live
He said the shooting schedule required him to be on a boat for a few hours on an overcast day and he later discovered that and the sun exposure caused his eye problems. "I wake up in the middle of the night and it feels like my eyes are on fire -- my eyeballs -- and I think, oh maybe I have sand in my eyes or something," he explained. "I douse my eyes with water. Anyway, it turns »
Similar News Items"Dancing with the Stars" (2005/I)
- Madonna and Boyfriend Brahim Zaibat Break Up (From E! Online. 11 December 2013, 9:43 AM, PST)
- Madonna's three-year love story ends? (From RealBollywood. 10 December 2013, 11:07 PM, PST)
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show: Taylor Swift wishes (From EW.com - PopWatch. 10 December 2013, 10:14 PM, PST)
- Patrick J. Adams Joins “Orphan Black” and Megan Mullally Joins “Sean Saves the World” (From The Backlot. 11 December 2013, 4:28 AM, PST)
- ‘Anchorman’ Ron Burgundy, Robin Thicke Duet Christopher Cross’ ‘Ride Like the Wind’ (Audio) (From The Wrap. 10 December 2013, 2:50 PM, PST)
- Glee: Jane Lynch's Big New Job! (From E! Online. 10 December 2013, 12:14 PM, PST)
CBS News [us]
- Ann Curry's Options Dwindle as $12 Million NBC News Contract Nears Window (From The Hollywood Reporter. 11 December 2013, 6:00 AM, PST)
- CBS Plays 'Africa' Over Mandela Memorial Footage, Toto Does Not Approve (Video) (From The Hollywood Reporter. 10 December 2013, 12:17 PM, PST)
- Dan Rather Says CBS News Has ‘A Lot to Answer’ About ’60 Minutes’ Benghazi Flap (Video) (From The Wrap. 10 December 2013, 11:00 AM, PST)