Anderson Cooper is opening up about a health scare last week that caused him to go blind for 36 hours while he was shooting on location out of the country.
On today's episode of his daytime talk show Anderson Live, Cooper said he woke up in the middle of the night with burning eyes and later discovered that he'd temporarily gone blind while shooting a story for the CBS News show 60 Minutes in Portugal.
Video: Behind-The-Scenes of Anderson Live
He said the shooting schedule required him to be on a boat for a few hours on an overcast day and he later discovered that and the sun exposure caused his eye problems. "I wake up in the middle of the night and it feels like my eyes are on fire -- my eyeballs -- and I think, oh maybe I have sand in my eyes or something," he explained. "I douse my eyes with water. Anyway, it turns »
Similar News Items"Dancing with the Stars" (2005/I)
- Top Moments: Real Housewives' Insane Brawl and Game of Thrones' Sibling Assault (From TVGuide - Breaking News. 24 April 2014, 7:28 PM, PDT)
- ABC 2013-14 Season Ratings [updated 4/24/14] (From TVSeriesFinale. 24 April 2014, 2:17 PM, PDT)
- NeNe Leakes: Team Porsha Or Team Kenya? (From Access Hollywood. 24 April 2014, 1:27 PM, PDT)
- 9 Stars Who'd Be Rich Even If They Weren't Famous (From newser. 19 April 2014, 7:04 AM, PDT)
- The Most Outrageous Moment from Every 'View' Co-Host (From Hitfix. 16 April 2014, 1:10 PM, PDT)
- Ellen DeGeneres named most powerful gay celeb (From RealBollywood. 16 April 2014, 12:22 AM, PDT)
CBS News [us]
- Justin Bieber seeking delay in Florida DUI trial (From RealBollywood. 23 April 2014, 3:47 AM, PDT)
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez leaves behind unpublished manuscript (From RealBollywood. 23 April 2014, 3:46 AM, PDT)
- Meet 'Atlas' The Military Robot (From Uinterview. 22 April 2014, 9:00 PM, PDT)