Anderson Cooper is opening up about a health scare last week that caused him to go blind for 36 hours while he was shooting on location out of the country.
On today's episode of his daytime talk show Anderson Live, Cooper said he woke up in the middle of the night with burning eyes and later discovered that he'd temporarily gone blind while shooting a story for the CBS News show 60 Minutes in Portugal.
Video: Behind-The-Scenes of Anderson Live
He said the shooting schedule required him to be on a boat for a few hours on an overcast day and he later discovered that and the sun exposure caused his eye problems. "I wake up in the middle of the night and it feels like my eyes are on fire -- my eyeballs -- and I think, oh maybe I have sand in my eyes or something," he explained. "I douse my eyes with water. Anyway, it turns »
Similar News Items"Dancing with the Stars" (2005/I)
- 9 Things Revealed by Lifetime's 'Saved by the Bell' Movie (From Hitfix. 1 September 2014, 11:30 PM, PDT)
- ABC 2013-14 Season Ratings (updated 9/1/14) (From TVSeriesFinale. 1 September 2014, 4:12 PM, PDT)
- Smirnoff Has Your Cocktail For the Weekend, Kardashians Are Launching a Line of Hair Products + More in Today’s Last Lap (From VH1.com. 29 August 2014, 3:00 PM, PDT)
- Bill O'Reilly Cuts Vacation Short to Cover Ferguson, Ratings Rise (From The Wrap. 21 August 2014, 4:01 PM, PDT)
- O'Reilly Return Gives Fox News a Ferguson Coverage Ratings Win (From The Hollywood Reporter. 21 August 2014, 2:19 PM, PDT)
- Anderson Cooper is now a comic-book character, won't quit his day job (From EW.com - PopWatch. 21 August 2014, 11:29 AM, PDT)
CBS News [us]
- Joan Rivers Hospitalized: Melissa Rivers Says Mother Is 'Resting Comfortably,' Asks For Thoughts And Prayers (From Uinterview. 28 August 2014, 9:00 PM, PDT)
- Brad and Angelina: Their Evolving Views on Marriage, in Their Own Words (From PEOPLE.com. 28 August 2014, 2:05 PM, PDT)
- Sony Exec's Flight Diverted After Hacker Group Claims Explosives On Board (From The Hollywood Reporter. 25 August 2014, 7:19 AM, PDT)