Anderson Cooper is opening up about a health scare last week that caused him to go blind for 36 hours while he was shooting on location out of the country.
On today's episode of his daytime talk show Anderson Live, Cooper said he woke up in the middle of the night with burning eyes and later discovered that he'd temporarily gone blind while shooting a story for the CBS News show 60 Minutes in Portugal.
Video: Behind-The-Scenes of Anderson Live
He said the shooting schedule required him to be on a boat for a few hours on an overcast day and he later discovered that and the sun exposure caused his eye problems. "I wake up in the middle of the night and it feels like my eyes are on fire -- my eyeballs -- and I think, oh maybe I have sand in my eyes or something," he explained. "I douse my eyes with water. Anyway, it turns »
Similar News Items"Dancing with the Stars" (2005/I)
- Fox Developing Dance Competition Series From Idol, The Voice Producers (From TVSeriesFinale. 7 October 2015, 2:41 PM, PDT)
- Hayes Grier's 'DWTS' Blog (From Access Hollywood. 7 October 2015, 2:22 PM, PDT)
- ABC 2015-16 Season Ratings (updated 10/7/15) (From TVSeriesFinale. 7 October 2015, 1:35 PM, PDT)
- 60 Minutes: 2015-16 Ratings (From TVSeriesFinale. 5 October 2015, 1:07 PM, PDT)
- Watch: Jerrod Carmichael Recommends the Best Phone (For Documenting Police Brutality) (From Indiewire. 1 October 2015, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- Kelly Ripa Jokes Anderson Cooper is Her "Baby Daddy," Shares Dubsmash Video of Her Kids—Watch Now! (From E! Online. 18 September 2015, 11:52 AM, PDT)
CBS News [us]
- Deborah Barak Promoted To President Of Business Operations At CBS (From Deadline TV. 7 October 2015, 10:30 AM, PDT)
- CBS Names Deborah Barak President of Business Operations (From The Wrap. 7 October 2015, 10:30 AM, PDT)
- ‘Truth’: Movie Reignites Heated Debate Over ‘60 Minutes II’ Scandal (From Variety - Film News. 6 October 2015, 10:52 AM, PDT)