Anderson Cooper is opening up about a health scare last week that caused him to go blind for 36 hours while he was shooting on location out of the country.
On today's episode of his daytime talk show Anderson Live, Cooper said he woke up in the middle of the night with burning eyes and later discovered that he'd temporarily gone blind while shooting a story for the CBS News show 60 Minutes in Portugal.
Video: Behind-The-Scenes of Anderson Live
He said the shooting schedule required him to be on a boat for a few hours on an overcast day and he later discovered that and the sun exposure caused his eye problems. "I wake up in the middle of the night and it feels like my eyes are on fire -- my eyeballs -- and I think, oh maybe I have sand in my eyes or something," he explained. "I douse my eyes with water. Anyway, it turns »
Similar News Items"Dancing with the Stars" (2005/I)
- ABC 2014-15 Season Ratings (updated 7/3/15) (From TVSeriesFinale. 3 July 2015, 1:50 PM, PDT)
- Rumer Willis Showcases Fit Dancer's Bod in Mesh Bikini (From Us Weekly. 2 July 2015, 1:26 PM, PDT)
- Damn! Rumer Willis Channels Mom Demi Moore in Super-Sexy Bikini: See Her Hot Body! (From E! Online. 2 July 2015, 12:56 PM, PDT)
- Cable News Ratings: CNN, Fox News Continue to Grow at MSNBC’s Expense (From Variety - TV News. 30 June 2015, 11:25 AM, PDT)
- Reality TV Proves a Quiet Groundbreaker for Lgbt Voices (From Variety - TV News. 30 June 2015, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- How Gay Stars Have Come Out (From Popsugar. 26 June 2015, 8:45 AM, PDT)
CBS News [us]
- Watch Bree Newsome Tell Her South Carolina Story (Video) (From ShadowAndAct. 3 July 2015, 8:45 AM, PDT)
- Watch Bree Newsome Tell Her South Carolina Story (Video) (From Indiewire Television. 3 July 2015, 8:45 AM, PDT)
- TV News Scrambles to Cover Same-Sex Marriage Decision, Charleston Funeral (From Variety - TV News. 26 June 2015, 8:27 AM, PDT)