Anderson Cooper is opening up about a health scare last week that caused him to go blind for 36 hours while he was shooting on location out of the country.
On today's episode of his daytime talk show Anderson Live, Cooper said he woke up in the middle of the night with burning eyes and later discovered that he'd temporarily gone blind while shooting a story for the CBS News show 60 Minutes in Portugal.
Video: Behind-The-Scenes of Anderson Live
He said the shooting schedule required him to be on a boat for a few hours on an overcast day and he later discovered that and the sun exposure caused his eye problems. "I wake up in the middle of the night and it feels like my eyes are on fire -- my eyeballs -- and I think, oh maybe I have sand in my eyes or something," he explained. "I douse my eyes with water. Anyway, it turns »
Similar News Items"Dancing with the Stars" (2005/I)
- ABC 2014-15 Season Ratings (updated 1/30/15) (From TVSeriesFinale. 30 January 2015, 1:34 PM, PST)
- 6 Male Stars Who Lost a Shocking Amount of Weight (From Entertainment Tonight. 28 January 2015, 2:30 PM, PST)
- 2014-15 TV Show Season Ratings (week 18) (From TVSeriesFinale. 27 January 2015, 4:22 PM, PST)
- NY Times’ Charles Blow Opens Up About Son’s Gunpoint Police Stop: ‘Bullets Don’t Have Emotions’ (Video) (From The Wrap. 30 January 2015, 9:50 AM, PST)
- Andrew Sullivan to Retire From Blogging: ‘I’m a Human Being Before I Am a Writer’ (From The Wrap. 28 January 2015, 10:37 AM, PST)
- Cable News Ratings: CNN Surges, MSNBC Struggles in January (From The Wrap. 27 January 2015, 1:18 PM, PST)
CBS News [us]
- Rapper Missy Elliott to Join Katy Perry at Super Bowl (From The Wrap. 30 January 2015, 8:44 AM, PST)
- One-Third Of CBS’ Digital News Channel Viewers Watch Via TV (From Tubefilter News. 29 January 2015, 3:14 PM, PST)
- Much Ado About Nothing? Michelle Obama's Bare Head Sparks Debate (From PEOPLE.com. 29 January 2015, 9:20 AM, PST)