Silent Night was just released to Blu-ray and DVD today, and I recently had the opportunity to talk with director Steven C. Miller about the making of the film. Continue reading to learn about his childhood experience with Silent Night, Deadly Night, casting Malcolm McDowell in the movie, and his interest in returning for a sequel:
What was your first experience with Silent Night, Deadly Night and why was this something you wanted to remake?
Steven C. Miller: When I was growing up, me and my brothers would huddle down to the basement with our friends during the holidays. I remember going to the mom and pop video shops looking for all the movies. The movie we always went to on Christmas was the one that had Santa’s hand with an axe hanging out of the chimney. We watched that religiously and it really resonated with me.
- Jonathan James
Similar News ItemsSteven C. Miller
- Bruce Willis Commits To A "First Kill" (From Dark Horizons. 14 July 2016, 5:01 PM, PDT)
- Bruce Willis Set To Star In ‘First Kill’ For Emmett/Furla/Oasis (From Deadline. 14 July 2016, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- Bruce Willis' Marauders comes to Blu-ray, Digital September 13 (From Cinelinx. 11 July 2016, 10:37 AM, PDT)
- ABC’s ‘Time After Time’ Feels Like a Repeat [Comic-Con 2016] (From Slash Film. 21 July 2016, 10:30 AM, PDT)
- The toughest Star Trek film quiz in the known universe (From The Guardian - TV News. 19 July 2016, 2:31 AM, PDT)
- The toughest Star Trek film quiz in the known universe (From The Guardian - Film News. 19 July 2016, 2:31 AM, PDT)
- ‘Cell’ trailer debuts; John Cusack leads the Stephen King adaptation (From The Hollywood News. 4 July 2016, 11:26 PM, PDT)
- Storyscape Lands ‘Backward Fall’ Script From ‘The Commuter’ Scribes (From Deadline. 8 June 2016, 11:49 AM, PDT)
- Michael Fassbender May Play A Serial Killer For True Crime Story Entering Hades (From We Got This Covered. 4 May 2016, 3:00 AM, PDT)