Jenga. If it had a "D" in its name, it would be silent.
The neat-o retro poster for "Django Unchained" had us reimagining Quentin Tarantino's upcoming "southern" as not so much a tale of a freed slave and his quest to find his long-lost wife but an homage to that sometimes maddening game of physical and mental skill, Jenga.
In case you've forgotten, Jenga (Swahili for "to build") involves building a tower made of 54 wooden blocks and then proceeding to remove those blocks one by one and putting them at the top. The goal is to keep the tower from collapsing for as many moves as possible. When the tower does fall apart, players cry out in despair and Leonardo DiCaprio laughs his evil laugh.
Check out the "Jenga Unchained" poster below, courtesy of master architect Old Red Jalopy. "Django Unchained" opens Dec. 25.
More NextMovie Originals View Gallery » »
- NextMovie Staff
Similar News ItemsLeonardo DiCaprio
- Respect for Tom Cruise (From Flickeringmyth. 1 August 2015, 10:11 AM, PDT)
- Ian McKellen Joins the Packed Best Actor Race (From AwardsDaily. 31 July 2015, 3:34 PM, PDT)
- Leonardo DiCaprio: Looking at potential Best Actor contenders (From Hollywoodnews.com. 31 July 2015, 10:44 AM, PDT)
- Five "Must-See" Movies for August 2015 (From Rope Of Silicon. 31 July 2015, 8:30 AM, PDT)
- Watch: Video Tribute To The Stylish Cinema Of Seijun Suzuki (From The Playlist. 30 July 2015, 9:17 AM, PDT)
- New Beverly Reveals a Very Tarantino August Calendar (From Thompson on Hollywood. 30 July 2015, 8:54 AM, PDT)
Django Unchained (2012)
- Weinstein Company COO David Glasser Exiting (From Variety - Film News. 30 July 2015, 10:55 AM, PDT)
- WWE Owner Vince McMahon's a Raging Hypocrite … He Hurled the N-Word, Too (From TMZ. 25 July 2015, 1:00 AM, PDT)
- New trailer, images and updated synopsis for Spectre (From Flickeringmyth. 22 July 2015, 12:44 AM, PDT)