Jenga. If it had a "D" in its name, it would be silent.
The neat-o retro poster for "Django Unchained" had us reimagining Quentin Tarantino's upcoming "southern" as not so much a tale of a freed slave and his quest to find his long-lost wife but an homage to that sometimes maddening game of physical and mental skill, Jenga.
In case you've forgotten, Jenga (Swahili for "to build") involves building a tower made of 54 wooden blocks and then proceeding to remove those blocks one by one and putting them at the top. The goal is to keep the tower from collapsing for as many moves as possible. When the tower does fall apart, players cry out in despair and Leonardo DiCaprio laughs his evil laugh.
Check out the "Jenga Unchained" poster below, courtesy of master architect Old Red Jalopy. "Django Unchained" opens Dec. 25.
More NextMovie Originals View Gallery » »
- NextMovie Staff
Similar News ItemsLeonardo DiCaprio
- Are You Kidding Me!c (From Rope Of Silicon. 10 July 2014, 8:30 AM, PDT)
- Interview: Gianni Capaldi talks Puncture Wounds, a.k.a. A Certain Justice (From Flickeringmyth. 9 July 2014, 2:31 AM, PDT)
- How do we fix the movie rating scale? (From SoundOnSight. 8 July 2014, 12:38 PM, PDT)
- Quentin Tarantino, Guillermo del Toro Center of Next Two Director’s Chair Episodes (From shocktillyoudrop. 10 July 2014, 12:33 PM, PDT)
- Comic-Con Thursday: Will Chris Nolan's 'Interstellar' show? (From Hitfix. 10 July 2014, 2:05 AM, PDT)
- 10 Questions You Probably Have About Guardians Of The Galaxy (From Obsessed with Film. 9 July 2014, 6:43 AM, PDT)
Django Unchained (2012)
- Christoph Waltz Is Tense And Nude In Terry Gilliam's Zero Theorem Trailer (From Cinema Blend. 10 July 2014, 7:32 AM, PDT)
- New trailer for Terry Gilliam’s The Zero Theorem (From Flickeringmyth. 9 July 2014, 3:15 AM, PDT)
- Hollywood Costume Exhibit Coming To Future Home Of Academy Museum (From Deadline New York. 8 July 2014, 2:51 PM, PDT)