Jenga. If it had a "D" in its name, it would be silent.
The neat-o retro poster for "Django Unchained" had us reimagining Quentin Tarantino's upcoming "southern" as not so much a tale of a freed slave and his quest to find his long-lost wife but an homage to that sometimes maddening game of physical and mental skill, Jenga.
In case you've forgotten, Jenga (Swahili for "to build") involves building a tower made of 54 wooden blocks and then proceeding to remove those blocks one by one and putting them at the top. The goal is to keep the tower from collapsing for as many moves as possible. When the tower does fall apart, players cry out in despair and Leonardo DiCaprio laughs his evil laugh.
Check out the "Jenga Unchained" poster below, courtesy of master architect Old Red Jalopy. "Django Unchained" opens Dec. 25.
More NextMovie Originals View Gallery » »
- NextMovie Staff
Similar News ItemsLeonardo DiCaprio
- Killings said to have been inspired by Leonardo DiCaprio film The Basketball Diaries spotlighted on CopyCat Killers (From Monsters and Critics. 24 June 2017, 2:09 PM, PDT)
- The Twilight Zone gets Christine Lavaf as screenwriter for feature film (From Flickeringmyth. 21 June 2017, 3:28 AM, PDT)
- The Twilight Zone movie lands new writer (From Den of Geek. 20 June 2017, 7:17 PM, PDT)
- The Greatest Car Chases of All-Time (From The Film Stage. 28 June 2017, 9:54 AM, PDT)
- ‘The Boondock Saints’ Director Troy Duffy To Helm ‘The Blood Spoon Council’ (From The Playlist. 28 June 2017, 9:41 AM, PDT)
- Film Review: ‘Baby Driver’ Runs on the Fast Track of Movieland (From HollywoodChicago.com. 28 June 2017, 6:28 AM, PDT)
Django Unchained (2012)
- 5 Ways Wonder Woman 2 Can Improve On The Original (From LRM Online. 28 June 2017, 8:26 AM, PDT)
- Baby Driver Review #2: A Turbo-Charged Action Classic (From MovieWeb. 23 June 2017, 3:15 PM, PDT)
- Chadwick Boseman Is Supreme Court Justice Thurgood Marshall in ‘Marshall’ (From Backstage. 22 June 2017, 1:30 PM, PDT)