With post-apocalyptic shows like "The Walking Dead" and "Revolution" all the rage these days, it should come as no surprise that one of National Geographic Channel's most popular reality shows is "Doomsday Preppers." After all, it's hard not to imagine how you would fare without electricity, plumbing and -- gasp -- cell phones while watching your favorite characters struggle to survive each week. Plus, there's that pesky Mayan prediction thing about the world ending on December 21, 2012 hanging over our heads.
"Doomsday Preppers," about to start its second season, spotlights how ordinary folks are gearing up for the end of the world as we know it. While many of their efforts may seem impressive and quite thorough to those of us who aren't preparing, the expert assessments in each episode reveal weaknesses in even the most meticulous plans.
HuffPost TV caught up with Canadian reconstructionist Bruce Beach, 78, who is featured on the show. »
- Annette Bourdeau
Similar News Items"The Walking Dead" (2010)
- Official Logo & Plot of ‘Gotham’ Reveals Juicy Details (From LatinoReview. 12 March 2014, 8:50 AM, PDT)
- ‘Big Bang Theory’ Renewed Through 2017 (From The Wrap. 12 March 2014, 8:43 AM, PDT)
- Official logo and synopsis for Fox's Batman prequel series Gotham (From Flickeringmyth. 12 March 2014, 7:39 AM, PDT)
National Geographic Channel [us]
- 'Cosmos' w/ Neil deGrasse Tyson Projected To Reach 40 Million Viewers Worldwide (From ShadowAndAct. 10 March 2014, 4:04 PM, PDT)
- 'Cosmos' w/ Neil deGrasse Tyson Projected To Reach 40 Million Viewers Worldwide (From Indiewire Television. 10 March 2014, 4:04 PM, PDT)
- ‘Cosmos’ Premiere Draws 8.5 Million Viewers on Fox Nets (From Variety - TV News. 10 March 2014, 1:27 PM, PDT)
Bill Gates (III)
- Presidents, politicians, journalists, and... Taylor Swift team up for the ultimate Gettysburg Address -- Video (From EW.com - PopWatch. 12 November 2013, 10:42 AM, PST)
- Help Make The 7th Guest 3: The Collector Happen (From Dread Central. 31 October 2013, 12:47 PM, PDT)
- Variety Honors Hollywood’s New Leaders (From Variety - Film News. 23 October 2013, 8:00 AM, PDT)