This past Sunday's mid-season finale of AMC's The Walking Dead was, not surprisingly, a huge ratings hit for the network. The episode, written by Walking Dead comic book creator Robert Kirkman, was not only one of the best episodes of the series so far, but also the most intense and cringe-worthy to date, attracted 10.5 million viewers. While that was a slight decease from the 10.9 million viewers the show's October premiere got, Sunday's episode saw audience numbers up 58% compared to last season's mid-season finale. The show actually beat all commercial broadcast and cable fare in the 18-49 demographic audience. The show returns to AMC to finish out the season in February.
Similar News Items"The Walking Dead" (2010)
- Video Game Review: The Wolf Among Us: Episode 3: A Crooked Mile (From Famous Monsters of Filmland. 18 April 2014, 11:50 PM, PDT)
- Cover Art for The Walking Dead Volume 21: All Out War (Part 2) (From DailyDead. 18 April 2014, 11:22 AM, PDT)
- The Walking Dead Season 5: Morgan To Return? (From ComicBookMovie. 18 April 2014, 10:09 AM, PDT)
- "The Walking Dead" Season 5 Updates (From SneakPeek. 20 April 2014, 8:06 AM, PDT)
- Preview Panels from The Walking Dead #126, the Conclusion of All Out War (From DailyDead. 19 April 2014, 2:01 PM, PDT)
- Early Look at The Walking Dead #129 Cover (From DailyDead. 18 April 2014, 4:58 PM, PDT)