There’s a scene in The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey in which our heroes are swarmed by a goblin horde and carried away to face uncertain judgment.
That’s also what happened to Peter Jackson last night at one of the first major awards screenings of the film, with Academy voters, guild members, and press clawing and clamoring for his attention during a pre-movie reception at the Landmark Theater in west Los Angeles.
Soon afterward, the same group would be passing sentence on the film — both in reviews and the awards race.
We’ll have to wait until ballots are »
- Anthony Breznican
Similar News ItemsStar Wars (1977)
- What a Link. What a Lovely Link (From FilmExperience. 28 November 2015, 5:03 PM, PST)
- J.J. Abrams Talks 'Star Wars 7' Inspiration and Lightsaber Battles (From MovieWeb. 28 November 2015, 3:58 PM, PST)
- Ava DuVernay Reacts to ‘Gods of Egypt’ Director’s Casting Apology (From The Wrap. 28 November 2015, 3:46 PM, PST)
- Why 'Mockingjay' nailed the landing (From Hitfix. 23 November 2015, 4:13 PM, PST)
- If you only see one movie in theaters this weekend, it should be… (From Hitfix. 21 November 2015, 4:19 PM, PST)
- Sara Bordo teaches the world what true beauty is with 'A Brave Heart' (From Hitfix. 19 November 2015, 1:10 PM, PST)
Peter Jackson (I)
- Watch: 'Brooklyn' Star Saoirse Ronan on Instinct, Insecurity, and Meaty Roles for Women: "It's getting better" (From Thompson on Hollywood. 25 November 2015, 10:26 AM, PST)
- ‘The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies – Extended Edition’ Review (From Blogomatic3000. 23 November 2015, 6:32 AM, PST)
- The Dressmaker review – Kate Winslet is zestful in uneven black comedy (From The Guardian - Film News. 22 November 2015, 12:00 AM, PST)