There’s a scene in The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey in which our heroes are swarmed by a goblin horde and carried away to face uncertain judgment.
That’s also what happened to Peter Jackson last night at one of the first major awards screenings of the film, with Academy voters, guild members, and press clawing and clamoring for his attention during a pre-movie reception at the Landmark Theater in west Los Angeles.
Soon afterward, the same group would be passing sentence on the film — both in reviews and the awards race.
We’ll have to wait until ballots are »
- Anthony Breznican
Similar News ItemsDrew McWeeny
- Watch: Joseph Gordon-Levitt is addicted to porn in first 'Don Jon' trailer (From Hitfix. 22 May 2013, 8:32 PM, PDT)
- What Went Wrong? (From Huffington Post. 20 May 2013, 6:10 AM, PDT)
- Cannes Film Review: ‘Jodorowsky’s Dune’ (From Variety - Film News. 19 May 2013, 1:47 AM, PDT)
Star Wars (1977)
- You Pick the Box Office Winner: 'Fast & Furious 6' vs. 'The Hangover Part III' (From Fandango. 24 May 2013, 4:33 PM, PDT)
- Of Course the Largest Lego Model Ever Built Has to Do with 'Star Wars' (From Movies.com. 24 May 2013, 1:03 PM, PDT)
- 'Man of Steel' will be 'hard for me' to see, says 'Superman' composer John Williams (From Pop2it. 24 May 2013, 12:28 PM, PDT)
Peter Jackson (I)
- PowerGrid's Biggest Movers of the Week: Chris Pine, Noah Baumbach's Projects Boost Their Rankings (From The Wrap. 24 May 2013, 6:42 PM, PDT)
- 'Fast & Furious 6's' Luke Evans on driving in L.A. and being a British bad guy (From Hitfix. 24 May 2013, 4:48 PM, PDT)
- Spielberg To Produce 'Halo' Television Series (From Get The Big Picture. 22 May 2013, 3:00 PM, PDT)