Peter Jackson is a geek-friendly filmmaker who graduated to blockbuster maestro status when he adapted J.R.R. Tolkien’s Lord of the Rings trilogy more than a decade ago, earning multiple Academy Awards and billions of dollars. He returns to Middle-earth with this month’s The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, which has inspired much in the way of both anticipation and trepidation.
The first wave of professional critic reviews for An Unexpected Journey have hit the ‘Net – but do they confirm everyone’s best hopes, worst fears, or some mix of the two? Scroll on down to find out.
We’ve included informative excerpts from several reviews for the first installment in Jackson’s Hobbit trilogy, which you can peruse through below (note: the film was screened in its native high frame rate 3D format for ...
Click to continue reading Early ‘The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey’ Reviews Are Mixed
- Sandy Schaefer
Similar News ItemsPeter Jackson (I)
- First Look at 'Kong: Skull Island' Universal Orlando Ride (From MovieWeb. 6 May 2015, 11:06 AM, PDT)
- 2015 Fantasia Film Festival to Feature Tales of Halloween World Premiere (From DailyDead. 6 May 2015, 9:16 AM, PDT)
- Fantasia Fest 2015 opens with ‘Ant-Man’, animated ‘Miss Hokusai’ (From SoundOnSight. 6 May 2015, 7:43 AM, PDT)
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (2012)
- Surprise: 'Age of Ultron' doesn't come close to setting the opening weekend record (From Hitfix. 3 May 2015, 10:13 AM, PDT)
- Ang Lee's Next Movie Will Use an Even Higher Frame Rate than 'The Hobbit' (From Movies.com. 23 April 2015, 7:00 PM, PDT)
- Furious 7 Box Office Crosses $1 Billion Worldwide in Record Time (From Collider.com. 17 April 2015, 2:40 PM, PDT)
- Remember 'Lord of the Rings' Cinematographer Andrew Lesnie With Five of His Best Shots (From Movies.com. 29 April 2015)
- Richard Armitage looks back on The Hobbit and forward to Hannibal (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 28 April 2015, 1:00 AM, PDT)
- Oscar-Winning ‘Lord of the Rings’ Cinematographer Andrew Lesnie Dies at 59 (From Variety - Film News. 28 April 2015, 12:50 AM, PDT)