If starring in your son's debut film wasn't nerve-wracking enough, Charlotte Rampling managed to break her wrist just before production started on psychological thriller 'I, Anna'.
"I didn't dare tell him," laughs Rampling, a lot more jovial and smiley in the flesh than her smouldering, enigmatic persona might suggest. "I'm not someone who falls over, it was one of those freak things, so I just turned up and tried to soldier on. In the end, we ended up writing it into the story, showing this poor woman to be in even more pain than we'd thought. It was meant to be."
Charlotte Rampling plays Anna - abandoned, overlooked, grieving and on a disastrous path
The 'poor woman' is the eponymous Anna, an overlooked woman of a certain age, whose foray into singles-night dating takes her on a disastrous path, but also into the sights of detective Bernie Reid, played by Gabriel Byrne. »
- Caroline Frost
Similar News ItemsWoody Allen
- SXSW Review: How the Murder Mystery 'Wild Canaries' Transcends the Clichés of NYC Hipster Comedies (From Indiewire. 9 March 2014, 8:36 AM, PDT)
- 'Cosmos' then and now: The 'personal voyage' of Carl Sagan, the Hollywood cool of Neil deGrasse Tyson (From EW.com - PopWatch. 9 March 2014, 8:02 AM, PDT)
- Ed Norton Talks Wes Anderson’s ‘The Grand Budapest Hotel’ (From The Hollywood News. 9 March 2014, 5:05 AM, PDT)
- Top 200 Most Anticipated Films for 2014: #35. Guy Maddin’s Spiritisms (From ioncinema. 3 March 2014, 7:15 AM, PST)
- Lange, 64, is the New Face of Marc Jacobs Beauty (From Entertainment Tonight. 27 February 2014, 7:46 AM, PST)
- Charlotte Rampling for Nars: a fashion icon at 68 (From The Guardian - Film News. 26 February 2014, 12:00 PM, PST)
- Exclusive Just A Sigh Clip: A Romantic Meet-Cute, Foiled (From Twitch. 5 March 2014, 8:00 AM, PST)
- 11 Actors Who Deserve a ‘Taken’-Style Action Comeback (From FilmSchoolRejects. 20 February 2014, 11:00 AM, PST)
- Set Visit Report and Bryan Singer Talks ‘X-Men: Days of Future Past’ (From LatinoReview. 20 February 2014, 5:37 AM, PST)