Oscar winner Jeff Bridges is 63 today!
Bridges was born in Los Angeles to his show business parents, Lloyd and Dorothy Bridges, and his acting older brother, Beau Bridges. It wasn’t long before Jeff Bridges got into the family business, as he made his first uncredited big screen appearance in "The Company She Keeps," before the age of one. He continued his interest in acting throughout childhood, and went on to appear in several episodes of his father's television shows, "Sea Hunt," and "The Lloyd Bridges Show."
After graduating from high school, Jeff enrolled in the United States Coast Guard reserves and served for eight years while pursuing his career. His big break came in 1971, when he starred in the critically acclaimed film, "The Last Picture Show." The film thrust the 20-something onto the public stage, and gained him his first Academy Award nomination.
Throughout the 70s, Bridges made music »
- Rebecca Klein
Similar News ItemsJeff Bridges (I)
- New 'Terminator: Genisys' Pics, a $170 Million Price Tag, Synthespians and Schwarzenegger Arrogance (From Rope Of Silicon. 30 October 2014, 8:49 AM, PDT)
- Julianne Moore Featured In New Poster For Still Alice (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 28 October 2014, 1:15 PM, PDT)
- Watch the first 5 minutes of 'Low Down,' with John Hawkes and Elle Fanning (From EW.com - Inside Movies. 24 October 2014, 7:00 AM, PDT)
Crazy Heart (2009)
- How Overdue Actors Can Win for the ‘Wrong’ Performance (From Variety - Film News. 31 October 2014, 1:40 PM, PDT)
- Stephen King Reveals 'The Stand' Might Not Be One Film (From Moviefone. 9 October 2014, 2:31 AM, PDT)
- Enter our 'The Judge' Giveaway (From LatinoReview. 6 October 2014, 8:55 AM, PDT)
Beau Bridges (I)
- The Tale of Princess Kaguya Movie Review (From ShockYa. 22 October 2014, 4:17 PM, PDT)
- The Millers: Season Two Ratings (From TVSeriesFinale. 21 October 2014, 1:26 PM, PDT)
- 'Masters of Sex' showrunner teases Masters and Johnson's 'cuckoo' lives after fame (From EW.com - Inside TV. 28 September 2014, 8:15 PM, PDT)