Music is just about everywhere on TV these days — except in most shows' opening credits. The glory days of the TV title song may be long gone, but a few new series are keeping the theme alive.
Most notably, ABC's comedy Malibu Country boasts a traditional opening tune. When it came time to put the show's title credits together, it made perfect sense to ask star Reba McEntire to choose the song. McEntire — who also performed the opening theme to her last sitcom, Reba ("I'm a Survivor") — came back with "Goodbye Looks Good on Me," written by Kellys Collins, Juliana Cole and Jeff Smith.
Here are the titles and talent behind some of this fall's new TV opening themes.
Read More > »
- Michael Schneider
Similar News ItemsReba McEntire
- The Women of Country Raise the Stakes in the #IceBucketChallenge (From PEOPLE.com. 19 August 2014, 4:50 AM, PDT)
- Podcast Extra: The Trouble with Diane Keaton (From FilmExperience. 17 August 2014, 5:15 AM, PDT)
- Keith Urban Pleads for the Preservation of Nashville's Historic Music Row (From PEOPLE.com. 1 August 2014, 9:30 AM, PDT)
- Reba McEntire Recruits Kelly Clarkson, Keith Urban, Nicole Kidman to "Pray for Peace"—Watch Now! (From E! Online. 22 July 2014, 8:56 AM, PDT)
- TV Land Moves Forward With Jennifer Falls Starring Jaime Pressly (From AreYouScreening. 27 January 2014, 4:06 PM, PST)
- Harvey Lowry Makes Directorial Debut with Thriller Cassidy Way (From ShockYa. 29 December 2013, 10:04 AM, PST)
"Malibu Country" (2012)
- Take Me To The Pilots '14: ABC's 'Cristela' (From Hitfix. 22 August 2014, 10:35 PM, PDT)
- Lost Alum, Queer Guy Invade DirecTV's Kingdom (From TVLine.com. 11 July 2014, 2:04 PM, PDT)
- DVR Gridlock 2014-15: Friday Nights (From Hitfix. 30 May 2014, 8:30 PM, PDT)