Music is just about everywhere on TV these days — except in most shows' opening credits. The glory days of the TV title song may be long gone, but a few new series are keeping the theme alive.
Most notably, ABC's comedy Malibu Country boasts a traditional opening tune. When it came time to put the show's title credits together, it made perfect sense to ask star Reba McEntire to choose the song. McEntire — who also performed the opening theme to her last sitcom, Reba ("I'm a Survivor") — came back with "Goodbye Looks Good on Me," written by Kellys Collins, Juliana Cole and Jeff Smith.
Here are the titles and talent behind some of this fall's new TV opening themes.
Read More > »
- Michael Schneider
Similar News ItemsReba McEntire
- Kevin Bacon to return to Tremors for a new TV series (From The Hollywood News. 24 November 2015, 11:32 PM, PST)
- Tremors TV Series Reboot In Development with Kevin Bacon Set to Star (From DailyDead. 24 November 2015, 1:02 PM, PST)
- 25 years later, Kevin Bacon is returning to one of his most beloved roles (From Hitfix. 24 November 2015, 12:27 PM, PST)
- ABC Family Trying to Play It Cool with New Network Name (From Slash Film. 7 October 2015, 2:30 PM, PDT)
- Reba McEntire Hilariously Gets Way Too Close to a Fan During Her First Postsplit Appearance (From Popsugar. 13 August 2015, 8:33 AM, PDT)
- Reba McEntire, Reba Costar Melissa Peterman Reunite on Baby Daddy Finale (From Us Weekly. 6 August 2015, 2:59 AM, PDT)
"Malibu Country" (2012)
- Dr. Ken: Season One Ratings (From TVSeriesFinale. 24 October 2015, 1:27 PM, PDT)
- Dr. Ken: ABC Orders Full Season of Friday Sitcom (From TVSeriesFinale. 20 October 2015, 7:02 PM, PDT)
- Last Man Standing: Season Five Ratings (From TVSeriesFinale. 26 September 2015, 1:31 PM, PDT)