Music is just about everywhere on TV these days — except in most shows' opening credits. The glory days of the TV title song may be long gone, but a few new series are keeping the theme alive.
Most notably, ABC's comedy Malibu Country boasts a traditional opening tune. When it came time to put the show's title credits together, it made perfect sense to ask star Reba McEntire to choose the song. McEntire — who also performed the opening theme to her last sitcom, Reba ("I'm a Survivor") — came back with "Goodbye Looks Good on Me," written by Kellys Collins, Juliana Cole and Jeff Smith.
Here are the titles and talent behind some of this fall's new TV opening themes.
Read More > »
- Michael Schneider
Similar News ItemsReba McEntire
- Kelly Clarkson: I Want to Do Broadway - and Release a Country Album (From PEOPLE.com. 26 February 2015, 4:55 PM, PST)
- Chelsea, Sam & Lindsay -- See This Week's Best Celebrity TwitPics! (From TooFab. 21 February 2015, 6:30 AM, PST)
- Reba McEntire Defends Daughter-in-Law Kelly Clarkson: 'I've Never Seen Her Happier' (From Entertainment Tonight. 20 February 2015, 4:25 PM, PST)
- Pilot Scoop: JoAnna Garcia Swisher Joins Tommy Johnagin's CBS Comedy (From TVLine.com. 27 February 2015, 2:30 PM, PST)
- JoAnna Garcia Swisher Nabs Female Lead in CBS’ Untitled Tommy Johnagin Comedy (From Variety - TV News. 27 February 2015, 2:30 PM, PST)
- Kelly Clarkson Can't Stop Hating on 'From Justin to Kelly' (From Entertainment Tonight. 27 February 2015, 12:52 PM, PST)
"Malibu Country" (2012)
- Cristela: Season One Ratings (From TVSeriesFinale. 10 January 2015, 1:06 PM, PST)
- Ratings: Cristela Opens Strong (Grade ABC's New Friday Sitcom), Race Dips (From TVLine.com. 11 October 2014, 8:40 AM, PDT)
- Take Me To The Pilots '14: ABC's 'Cristela' (From Hitfix. 22 August 2014, 10:35 PM, PDT)