Well-known Mexican director Guillermo del Toro is going back to horror with Crimson Peak, one that’s been gestating for a while.
He had recently discussed a Pacific Rim sequel with the folks at Legendary and said that he wants to do something ‘in a different genre that’s not so big.’ That genre is obviously a haunted house films, the film genre that won’t die.
Crimson Peak, one of the many projects that del Toro has been attached for a number of years, he wrote with collaborator Matthew Robbins and initially sold it as a spec script to Universal.
The movie seems staked out by many of our favorite haunted house movies, such as The Haunting all the way up to Kubrick’s version of The Shining. Del Toro told Deadline,
(it’s) another Mount Everest of the haunted house movie. I loved the way that Kubrick had »
- Nick Martin
Similar News ItemsGuillermo del Toro
- 'True Detective' season finale: What happened? -- Spoilers (From EW.com - PopWatch. 9 March 2014, 7:13 PM, PDT)
- Watch: 'The Simpsons' Couch Gag Directed By Sylvain Chomet Plus 'True Detective' Parody (From Indiewire Television. 7 March 2014, 2:18 PM, PST)
- Watch: 'The Simpsons' Couch Gag Directed By Sylvain Chomet Plus 'True Detective' Parody (From The Playlist. 7 March 2014, 2:18 PM, PST)
Pacific Rim (2013)
- HollywoodChicago.com Hookup: 60 Pairs of Advance TV Passes to NBC’s ‘Crisis’ with Gillian Anderson (From HollywoodChicago.com. 10 March 2014, 7:10 PM, PDT)
- New Brotherhood trailer for Arnold Schwarzenegger's Sabotage (From Flickeringmyth. 9 March 2014, 3:46 PM, PDT)
- New X Men,Days Of Future Past Sentinel Digital & Actual Design Details Revealed By Director (From OnTheFlix. 9 March 2014, 1:38 PM, PDT)
Matthew Robbins (I)
- Release dates for Crimson Peak, Pitch Perfect 2 and more (From Den of Geek. 30 January 2014, 11:16 PM, PST)
- New Release Dates for Ouija and Crimson Peak (From DailyDead. 30 January 2014, 4:11 PM, PST)
- Universal Announces 2014/15 Release Dates and Synopses for Pitch Perfect 2, Crimson Peak & More (From HeyUGuys. 30 January 2014, 3:52 PM, PST)