Los Angeles — "Lincoln" is marching to more movie theaters.
Disney, which distributed the DreamWorks film, is making additional prints of director Steven Spielberg's historical saga starring Daniel Day-Lewis to meet an unexpected demand that has left some moviegoers in Alaska out in the cold.
"To say that we're encouraged by the results to date or that they've exceeded our expectations is an understatement," said Dave Hollis, head of distribution at the Walt Disney Co. "We're in the midst of making additional prints to accommodate demand and will have them available to our partners in exhibition by mid-December for what we hope will be a great run through the holiday and awards corridor."
Disney said "Lincoln" opened Nov. 9 in 11 theaters and expanded to additional theaters Nov. 16 and 21 in North America. The film, which has earned $83.6 million in the U.S. and Canada so far, has been unavailable at some smaller venues, »
Similar News ItemsSteven Spielberg
- Meme: Matt Bomer Has Been Married For Three Years, Eaddy Mays Questions Relationship Between Actors and Shippers, Kate McKinnon Explains “Dykes & Fats” (From The Backlot. 23 April 2014, 4:21 AM, PDT)
- Steven Spielberg On Board For ‘The Goonies 2’ (From The Hollywood News. 22 April 2014, 1:35 PM, PDT)
- "Falling Skies" Season 4 Updates (From SneakPeek. 22 April 2014, 12:53 PM, PDT)
- Steven Spielberg to Direct ‘The Kidnapping of Edgardo Mortara’ (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 17 April 2014, 5:19 PM, PDT)
- Watch: Gruesome Trailer for Wgn America's 'Salem' Posits Witches are Real (and Violent) (From Indiewire Television. 15 April 2014, 12:08 PM, PDT)
- Watch: Gruesome Trailer for Wgn America's 'Salem' Posits Witches are Real (and Violent) (From Indiewire. 15 April 2014, 12:08 PM, PDT)