October 30th, 2012 will forever mark the end of an era. It is the day George Lucas stepped away from Star Wars, selling Lucasfilm to Disney and passing leadership of the company over to Kathleen Kennedy. It’s a day many fans waited for.
Anyone displeased with George Lucas’s Star Wars prequels – and their upcoming 3D re-releases – can now target their anticipation towards the year 2015, when the first non-Lucas film in the franchise is planned for release. But Lucas will still serve as a “creative consultant” on Episode 7 and its sequels so what does that mean?
- Rob Keyes
Similar News ItemsStar Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope (1977)
- How Empire Strikes Back Kept Its Biggest Secret from Leaking (From MovieWeb. 26 September 2017, 8:17 AM, PDT)
- 17 Photos From the Han Solo Movie Set That Will Send Your Excitement Into Hyperdrive (From BuzzSugar. 26 September 2017, 7:20 AM, PDT)
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi To Show Luke In A Way That He’s “Never Been Seen Before” (From We Got This Covered. 26 September 2017, 6:34 AM, PDT)
George Lucas (I)
- How Star Wars Handled Spoiler Leaks on Empire Strikes Back (From Screen Rant. 26 September 2017, 5:31 AM, PDT)
- Never go back: why the Terminator reunion may be a recipe for failure (From The Guardian - Film News. 25 September 2017, 10:00 PM, PDT)
- Star Wars: Mark Hamill Originally Thought Han Solo Was the Lead (From Screen Rant. 25 September 2017, 8:49 PM, PDT)
"Access Hollywood" (1996)
- Tom Cruise's Craziest Stunts – and the Toll They Took on His Body (From PEOPLE.com. 25 September 2017, 4:46 PM, PDT)
- Billy Bush and Wife Sydney Davis Separating After Nearly 20 Years of Marriage (From PEOPLE.com. 19 September 2017, 12:39 PM, PDT)
- Everything We Know About Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez's Romance — So Far (From PEOPLE.com. 18 September 2017, 3:37 PM, PDT)