October 30th, 2012 will forever mark the end of an era. It is the day George Lucas stepped away from Star Wars, selling Lucasfilm to Disney and passing leadership of the company over to Kathleen Kennedy. It’s a day many fans waited for.
Anyone displeased with George Lucas’s Star Wars prequels – and their upcoming 3D re-releases – can now target their anticipation towards the year 2015, when the first non-Lucas film in the franchise is planned for release. But Lucas will still serve as a “creative consultant” on Episode 7 and its sequels so what does that mean?
- Rob Keyes
Similar News ItemsStar Wars (1977)
- 'Star Wars Rebels' Season 2 Preview Has Ahsoka on the Hunt (From MovieWeb. 29 August 2015, 12:40 PM, PDT)
- Finally Hear What Bb-8 Sounds Like in ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Lego Commercial (From Slash Film. 29 August 2015, 12:00 PM, PDT)
- 'Star Wars 7' Lego Commercial Shows Poe's X-Wing in Action (From MovieWeb. 29 August 2015, 11:36 AM, PDT)
George Lucas (I)
- 'Star Wars 7' Star Destroyer Gets a Menacing Name (From MovieWeb. 29 August 2015, 9:38 AM, PDT)
- 8 great films cursed by bad endings: Did Kingsman really need that anal sex joke? (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 29 August 2015, 4:30 AM, PDT)
- In Real World, 'Compton' Not (Anytime Soon) to Break Record as Highest-Grossing Domestic Hit Directed by Black Filmmaker (From Alt Film Guide. 28 August 2015, 4:18 PM, PDT)
"Access Hollywood" (1996)
- MTV VMAs 2015 Preview (From Access Hollywood. 29 August 2015, 2:34 PM, PDT)
- Will VMAs Address Wdbj Tragedy? (From Access Hollywood. 27 August 2015, 3:40 PM, PDT)
- Rosie's Daughter Moves Out (From Access Hollywood. 26 August 2015, 2:14 PM, PDT)