Guillermo Del Toro looks to have finally settled on his post-"Pacific Rim" project - the haunted house thriller "Crimson Peak". Legendary Pictures, which is producing 'Rim', has closed a deal with the filmmaker to pick up the project from Universal Pictures where it was originally setup. Universal retains an option to also finance at a later date. Lucinda Coxon has been hired to rewrite del Toro and Matthew Robbins’ script.
Del Toro says the project is a very set-oriented, contemporary take on classic ghost story films like the original "The Haunting" and "The Innocents".
Shooting aims to begin February 2014 after del Toro has wrapped work on both 'Rim', the pilot for "The Strain" series at FX, and voice work on his stop-motion animated Pinocchio movie. del Toro also says Legendary is keen on helping him move forward with his long-running dream project - the adaptation of H.P. Lovecraft's »
- Garth Franklin
Similar News ItemsUniversal Pictures [us]
- New TV Spot And Photos From Lone Survivor (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 5 December 2013, 7:53 PM, PST)
- Paul Walker’s Death Tribute: Fan-Written Plot For ‘Fast 7′ Goes Viral (From HollywoodLife. 5 December 2013, 6:32 PM, PST)
- Amanda Seyfried Thinks ‘He’s F-ing Perfect’ for Universal (From Variety - Film News. 5 December 2013, 5:42 PM, PST)
Guillermo del Toro
- Regina King Joins FX Series ‘The Strain’ (From Deadline TV. 5 December 2013, 6:06 PM, PST)
- ‘Breaking Bad’ Writer Tapped for Universal’s ‘Red Queen’ (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 5 December 2013, 5:17 PM, PST)
- Ten Visual Effects Movies Made It to Oscar Shortlist, More Got Robbed (From Thompson on Hollywood. 5 December 2013, 3:37 PM, PST)
Pacific Rim (2013)
- 10 Films Will Battle It Out For The Best Visual Effects Oscar (From The Hollywood News. 5 December 2013, 10:35 PM, PST)
- VFX Finalists. Which will have the honor of losing to Gravity at the Oscars? (From FilmExperience. 5 December 2013, 9:15 PM, PST)
- Shortlist for the 2014 Academy Award for Best Visual Effects revealed (From Flickeringmyth. 5 December 2013, 8:40 PM, PST)