Guillermo Del Toro looks to have finally settled on his post-"Pacific Rim" project - the haunted house thriller "Crimson Peak". Legendary Pictures, which is producing 'Rim', has closed a deal with the filmmaker to pick up the project from Universal Pictures where it was originally setup. Universal retains an option to also finance at a later date. Lucinda Coxon has been hired to rewrite del Toro and Matthew Robbins’ script.
Del Toro says the project is a very set-oriented, contemporary take on classic ghost story films like the original "The Haunting" and "The Innocents".
Shooting aims to begin February 2014 after del Toro has wrapped work on both 'Rim', the pilot for "The Strain" series at FX, and voice work on his stop-motion animated Pinocchio movie. del Toro also says Legendary is keen on helping him move forward with his long-running dream project - the adaptation of H.P. Lovecraft's »
- Garth Franklin
Similar News ItemsUniversal Pictures [us]
- Tatum, Levitt Team For Musical Comedy (From Dark Horizons. 6 February 2016, 8:35 AM, PST)
- NAACP Image Awards: Taraji P. Henson Says ‘We Don’t Need to Ask for Acceptance From Anyone’ (From Variety - TV News. 6 February 2016, 7:57 AM, PST)
- NAACP Image Awards: Taraji P. Henson Says ‘We Don’t Need to Ask for Acceptance From Anyone’ (From Variety - Film News. 6 February 2016, 7:57 AM, PST)
Guillermo del Toro
- Giveaway: Win Guillermo del Toro’s Crimson Peak on Blu-ray, DVD and Digital Combo (5 Winners) (From TheHDRoom. 6 February 2016, 5:33 PM, PST)
- 32 Things We Learned from Guillermo del Toro’s Crimson Peak Commentary (From FilmSchoolRejects. 3 February 2016, 9:08 AM, PST)
- Crimson Peak (From Trailers from Hell. 2 February 2016, 2:25 PM, PST)
Pacific Rim (2013)
- Rampage: looking back at the game and ahead to the movie (From Den of Geek. 4 February 2016, 4:27 AM, PST)
- MPAA’s Chris Dodd Cheers Trans-Pacific Partnership Deal (From Deadline. 3 February 2016, 3:32 PM, PST)
- MPAA’s Chris Dodd Cheers Trans-Pacific Partnership Deal (From Deadline TV. 3 February 2016, 3:32 PM, PST)