Guillermo Del Toro looks to have finally settled on his post-"Pacific Rim" project - the haunted house thriller "Crimson Peak". Legendary Pictures, which is producing 'Rim', has closed a deal with the filmmaker to pick up the project from Universal Pictures where it was originally setup. Universal retains an option to also finance at a later date. Lucinda Coxon has been hired to rewrite del Toro and Matthew Robbins’ script.
Del Toro says the project is a very set-oriented, contemporary take on classic ghost story films like the original "The Haunting" and "The Innocents".
Shooting aims to begin February 2014 after del Toro has wrapped work on both 'Rim', the pilot for "The Strain" series at FX, and voice work on his stop-motion animated Pinocchio movie. del Toro also says Legendary is keen on helping him move forward with his long-running dream project - the adaptation of H.P. Lovecraft's »
- Garth Franklin
Similar News ItemsUniversal Pictures [us]
- Review: " Steve Jobs" Starring Michael Fassbender (From CinemaRetro. 7 October 2015, 8:58 PM, PDT)
- Fassbender Delivers Best Performance of His Career in 'Riveting' 'Jobs' Biopic (From Alt Film Guide. 7 October 2015, 5:16 PM, PDT)
- ‘Pan’ Hooks the Top Spot as Week’s Number One TV Ad Spend (From Variety - Film News. 7 October 2015, 4:34 PM, PDT)
Guillermo del Toro
- The Blunt Reason Hellboy 3 Won't Ever Happen (From Cinema Blend. 8 October 2015, 7:27 AM, PDT)
- Crimson Peak-Inspired Beer Announced (From DailyDead. 7 October 2015, 2:44 PM, PDT)
- 6 Must-See Posters From MondoCon: 'Crimson Peak,' 'Masters of the Universe' 'Mulholland Drive' and More (From Indiewire. 7 October 2015, 2:20 PM, PDT)
Pacific Rim (2013)
- Guillermo del Toro Says "No One Is Knocking" For 'Hellboy 3,' Updates 'Pacific Rim 2' And More In 1-Hour Talk (From The Playlist. 7 October 2015, 12:55 PM, PDT)
- Watch: What Filmmakers Need to Know About Color Theory and Color Palettes (From Indiewire. 7 October 2015, 10:13 AM, PDT)
- Maisie Williams is getting a jaeger if Pacific Rim 2 happens (From JoBlo. 7 October 2015, 9:26 AM, PDT)