Guillermo Del Toro looks to have finally settled on his post-"Pacific Rim" project - the haunted house thriller "Crimson Peak". Legendary Pictures, which is producing 'Rim', has closed a deal with the filmmaker to pick up the project from Universal Pictures where it was originally setup. Universal retains an option to also finance at a later date. Lucinda Coxon has been hired to rewrite del Toro and Matthew Robbins’ script.
Del Toro says the project is a very set-oriented, contemporary take on classic ghost story films like the original "The Haunting" and "The Innocents".
Shooting aims to begin February 2014 after del Toro has wrapped work on both 'Rim', the pilot for "The Strain" series at FX, and voice work on his stop-motion animated Pinocchio movie. del Toro also says Legendary is keen on helping him move forward with his long-running dream project - the adaptation of H.P. Lovecraft's »
- Garth Franklin
Similar News ItemsUniversal Pictures [us]
- ‘Monopoly’ passes Go for Hasbro, Lionsgate (From ScreenDaily. 1 July 2015, 10:58 AM, PDT)
- ‘Steve Jobs’ Trailer: Michael Fassbender Takes Big Bite Of The Apple (From Deadline. 1 July 2015, 9:02 AM, PDT)
- ‘Back to the Future’: Bob Gale’s never-before-seen first notes about the sequels (From Hitfix. 1 July 2015, 9:00 AM, PDT)
Guillermo del Toro
- Fans create their own version of Konami's cancelled Pt (From Den of Geek. 1 July 2015, 1:22 AM, PDT)
- Movie News: Daniel Radcliffe and Paul Dano Team for 'Swiss Army Man'; Watch 'Ant-Man' Shrink in First Clip (From Movies.com. 30 June 2015, 12:00 PM, PDT)
- Jared Leto’s Suicide Squad Rat Is with This Famous Director (From Collider.com. 30 June 2015, 11:45 AM, PDT)
Pacific Rim (2013)
- Round-Up: Watch The Vatican Tapes Featurette, Real Fake History Episode, Fear The Walking Dead Teaser (From DailyDead. 1 July 2015, 8:01 AM, PDT)
- Leto's 'Suicide Squad' Rat Was Adopted by This Famous Director (From MovieWeb. 30 June 2015, 2:22 PM, PDT)
- Michael Bay’s Benghazi Movie 13 Hours Gets Early 2016 Release Date (From Collider.com. 30 June 2015, 12:40 PM, PDT)