Guillermo Del Toro looks to have finally settled on his post-"Pacific Rim" project - the haunted house thriller "Crimson Peak". Legendary Pictures, which is producing 'Rim', has closed a deal with the filmmaker to pick up the project from Universal Pictures where it was originally setup. Universal retains an option to also finance at a later date. Lucinda Coxon has been hired to rewrite del Toro and Matthew Robbins’ script.
Del Toro says the project is a very set-oriented, contemporary take on classic ghost story films like the original "The Haunting" and "The Innocents".
Shooting aims to begin February 2014 after del Toro has wrapped work on both 'Rim', the pilot for "The Strain" series at FX, and voice work on his stop-motion animated Pinocchio movie. del Toro also says Legendary is keen on helping him move forward with his long-running dream project - the adaptation of H.P. Lovecraft's »
- Garth Franklin
Similar News ItemsUniversal Pictures [us]
- Another New Trailer for 'Ride Along 2' is Here! (From LatinoReview. 30 November 2015, 9:55 AM, PST)
- 'Ride Along 2' Trailer #2 Sends Cube and Hart on a New Mission (From MovieWeb. 30 November 2015, 8:00 AM, PST)
- New Warcraft First Movie Trailer Hit The Net (From OnTheFlix. 28 November 2015, 11:49 AM, PST)
Guillermo del Toro
- Marvel Passed On 'Doctor Strange' Film by Neil Gaiman and Guillermo Del Toro (From LatinoReview. 30 November 2015, 9:51 AM, PST)
- Remember When Guillermo del Toro and Neil Gaiman Almost Made the Doctor Strange Movie? (From Vulture. 30 November 2015, 8:39 AM, PST)
- Doctor Strange: Neil Gaiman & Guillermo del Toro once pitched movie (From Den of Geek. 29 November 2015, 9:58 PM, PST)
Pacific Rim (2013)
- Nerd Alert: Civil War Easter Eggs, Thankful Superheroes and More (From MovieWeb. 27 November 2015, 8:55 AM, PST)
- Second Trailer’s A Charm For New Fox Series Second Chance (From We Got This Covered. 26 November 2015, 4:21 AM, PST)
- Warner Bros. Shortlist of Directors for "Justice League Dark" Revealed (From LatinoReview. 20 November 2015, 5:28 AM, PST)