Oscar-winning director Ang Lee has revealed his new movie 'Life Of Pi' was his most challenging yet.
The 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon' filmmaker's latest offering is a 3D adaptation of Yann Martel's fantasy novel about an Indian boy who is stranded at sea with a Bengal tiger for company.
At the film's London premiere, Lee said: "Cinematically speaking, it was the most difficult movie I ever made. Water, kid, tiger, a new language I was not familiar with - 3D - and it does have a tricky ending that sort of pulls the rug under the audience's feet. That was quite scary."
Ang Lee and his young star Suraj Sharma in London last night for the film's premiere
Lee - who cast newcomer Suraj Sharma to play the title role - said he fell in love with the Booker Prize-winning novel's message.
"The book is about the power of storytelling, »
Similar News ItemsLife of Pi (2012)
- Qed Buys ‘Yellowstone Falls’; 52-Page Spec About Wolves Battling Mutated Humans (From Deadline New York. 14 April 2014, 11:26 AM, PDT)
- Jackie Chan, Irrfan Khan and Norah Jones among those honoured at the Fourth Annual Asian Awards (From Bollyspice. 13 April 2014, 9:03 AM, PDT)
- Enter Disney’s Million Dollar Arm Pitching Contest To Win A Million Dollars (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 12 April 2014, 5:43 AM, PDT)
- Liveblogging “Days Of Our Lives” Custody Derangement (From The Backlot. 17 April 2014, 9:09 AM, PDT)
- Daniel Radcliffe’s ‘The F Word’ Re-titled ‘What If,’ Set for Aug. 1 Release (From Variety - Film News. 13 March 2014, 1:37 PM, PDT)
- James Corden Says Kill Your Friends (From EmpireOnline. 10 March 2014, 5:03 PM, PDT)
- Watch: ‘Life After Pi’ Fascinating but Depressing Documentary About the Broken System That Bankrupted Rhythm & Hues (From SoundOnSight. 26 February 2014, 5:13 PM, PST)
- ‘Narnia’ Sequel Taps David Magee to Write Script (From The Wrap. 5 December 2013, 10:49 AM, PST)
- Call Of Duty: Ghosts – 4 Reasons Why The Franchise Is Over (From Obsessed with Film. 1 December 2013, 4:43 AM, PST)