Legendary Pictures seems to be liking their business relationship with director Guillermo del Toro. The Hellboy filmmaker is making Pacific Rim for the financier company, having fun building giant monsters and robots to fight it out next summer in theaters.
The del Toro news of the day is that Legendary wants to make the man's next movie, a ghost story called Crimson Peak. Del Toro pitched the idea to the company along with several other ones, thinking that the bean counters wouldn't necessarily go with his idea for a scary movie set inside a big haunted house. Instead, Legendary's president liked Crimson Peak so much he called up Guillermo before he could finish the screenplay, telling the Mexican auteur that Legendary needed to make this happen.
The deets on what Crimson Peak is particularly about haven't been revealed as del Toro wants to keep some twists and shocks a secret for now. »
- Patrick Sauriol
Similar News ItemsUniversal Pictures [us]
- The Purge 3 May Follow The Same Main Character (From Cinema Blend. 3 August 2015, 9:15 PM, PDT)
- 'The Purge 3' Brings Back Frank Grillo (From MovieWeb. 3 August 2015, 6:02 PM, PDT)
- New Images And Clip From F. Gary Gray’s Straight Outta Compton; “Compton: A Soundtrack” Available August 7th (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 3 August 2015, 4:51 PM, PDT)
Guillermo del Toro
- Ron Perlman Not Keen On Returning As Big Red For Hellboy 3 (From We Got This Covered. 3 August 2015, 12:26 PM, PDT)
- Japanese article goes behind the scenes at Konami (From Den of Geek. 3 August 2015, 3:00 AM, PDT)
- Samantha Mathis Talks The Strain Season 2 (From DailyDead. 31 July 2015, 2:50 PM, PDT)
Pacific Rim (2013)
- The Ronda Rousey Biopic Better Be The Most Brutal, Badass Sports Movie Ever (From Cinema Blend. 3 August 2015, 12:29 PM, PDT)
- Ronda Rousey to Star in Film Based on Her Autobiography (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 3 August 2015, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- The Week in Movies – Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Jurassic World 2, Wolverine 3, Captain America: Civil War (From Flickeringmyth. 3 August 2015, 1:05 AM, PDT)