Video: Julie Bowen's Hidden Talent
The Emmy-winning actress, 42, told the Los Angeles Times that her oldest son, Oliver, went into anaphylactic shock when he was just shy of 2 years old.
"His entire face swelled up, his eye swelled shut and his lips became giant. My husband sent me a picture of it, and I immediately panicked," said Bowen. "We took him to the ER, where he was treated with an epinephrine, and ever since then we've been vigilant about keeping him safe."
The reaction was triggered after Oliver was simultaneously stung by a bee while eating peanut butter.
Oliver, now 5, completely recovered from the incident, which has inspired Bowen to educate parents about kids' allergies.
"I want other parents to know what to look »
Similar News Items"Modern Family" (2009)
- 2016-17 TV Show Season Ratings (week 11) (From TVSeriesFinale. 6 December 2016, 1:01 PM, PST)
- ABC 2016-17 Season Ratings (updated 12/6/16) (From TVSeriesFinale. 6 December 2016, 12:57 PM, PST)
- Exclusive Interview: Eric Stonestreet on 'The Secret Life of Pets' and How His Own Dog Inspired Him (From Fandango. 6 December 2016, 8:09 AM, PST)
- ‘Donnie Darko’ 15 Years On: Where are they now? (From The Hollywood News. 6 December 2016, 12:24 AM, PST)
- Solid Proof That John Stamos Gets More Good-Looking With Age (From Popsugar. 5 December 2016, 2:49 PM, PST)
- New Preview Video for Salem Episode 305 Teases “The Commonwealth of Hell” (From DailyDead. 2 December 2016, 12:26 PM, PST)
- Woman Gives Birth to ‘Twins’ Who Were Actually Conceived 10 Days Apart (From PEOPLE.com. 16 November 2016, 4:23 PM, PST)
- 2016 Critics' Choice Awards: TV Nominations Revealed (From LRM Online. 14 November 2016, 11:17 AM, PST)
- Critics’ Choice Awards TV Nominees – HBO, ABC, & Netflix Crush Noms (From AreYouScreening. 14 November 2016, 9:16 AM, PST)