Video: Julie Bowen's Hidden Talent
The Emmy-winning actress, 42, told the Los Angeles Times that her oldest son, Oliver, went into anaphylactic shock when he was just shy of 2 years old.
"His entire face swelled up, his eye swelled shut and his lips became giant. My husband sent me a picture of it, and I immediately panicked," said Bowen. "We took him to the ER, where he was treated with an epinephrine, and ever since then we've been vigilant about keeping him safe."
The reaction was triggered after Oliver was simultaneously stung by a bee while eating peanut butter.
Oliver, now 5, completely recovered from the incident, which has inspired Bowen to educate parents about kids' allergies.
"I want other parents to know what to look »
Similar News Items"Modern Family" (2009)
- ABC 2016-17 Season Ratings (updated 5/27/17) (From TVSeriesFinale. 27 May 2017, 4:17 PM, PDT)
- These Are the 100 Most-Watched TV Shows of the 2016-17 Season: Winners and Losers (From Indiewire Television. 26 May 2017, 3:35 PM, PDT)
- Celebrity Scoop: Kourtney Kardashian and Scott Disick Go Tit-for-Tat in Cannes, Plus More of the Biggest News from Hollywood (From PEOPLE.com. 26 May 2017, 12:50 PM, PDT)
- Mindy Newell: The Sound Of Breaking Glass? (From Comicmix. 22 May 2017, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- ‘Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor #3.5′ Review (From Blogomatic3000. 19 May 2017, 4:01 AM, PDT)
- Grey's Anatomy Season 13 Finale Recap: Did It Leave You All Fired Up? (From TVLine.com. 18 May 2017, 5:59 PM, PDT)
- 'Price Is Right' Contestant Loses It After Breaking Plinko Record -- Watch! (From Entertainment Tonight. 25 May 2017, 1:45 PM, PDT)
- MasterChef Junior: Is the Fox TV Show Cancelled or Renewed for Season Six? (From TVSeriesFinale. 12 May 2017, 6:57 PM, PDT)
- Modern Family Renewed for Seasons 9 and 10 (From PEOPLE.com. 10 May 2017, 4:26 PM, PDT)