Video: Julie Bowen's Hidden Talent
The Emmy-winning actress, 42, told the Los Angeles Times that her oldest son, Oliver, went into anaphylactic shock when he was just shy of 2 years old.
"His entire face swelled up, his eye swelled shut and his lips became giant. My husband sent me a picture of it, and I immediately panicked," said Bowen. "We took him to the ER, where he was treated with an epinephrine, and ever since then we've been vigilant about keeping him safe."
The reaction was triggered after Oliver was simultaneously stung by a bee while eating peanut butter.
Oliver, now 5, completely recovered from the incident, which has inspired Bowen to educate parents about kids' allergies.
"I want other parents to know what to look »
Similar News Items"Modern Family" (2009)
- Did Mr. Robot Need More Tyrell? Where Is Ray Donovan's Son? Arrow Misfire? Weak Whispers UFOs? And More TV Qs (From TVLine.com. 4 September 2015, 10:30 AM, PDT)
- See Sofia Vergara's Modern Family Halloween Costume as Peg Bundy! (From BuzzSugar. 4 September 2015, 2:00 AM, PDT)
- See Sofia Vergara Transform Into "Married with Children's" Peggy Bundy (From TooFab. 3 September 2015, 2:30 PM, PDT)
- I Am Malala review: awed documentary captures extraordinary subject (From The Guardian - Film News. 4 September 2015, 5:20 PM, PDT)
- New trailer for fantasy thriller Fire City: End of Days (From Flickeringmyth. 4 September 2015, 5:30 AM, PDT)
- James Newton Howard’s Pawn Sacrifice Score To Be Released On Sept. 11 (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 2 September 2015, 6:05 PM, PDT)
- Julie Bowen Produces Comedy Adaptation Of ‘La Hipocondriaca’ Telenovela For Fox (From Deadline TV. 25 August 2015, 5:32 PM, PDT)
- Emmys Poll 2015: Who Should Win Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy? (From TVLine.com. 21 August 2015, 11:57 AM, PDT)
- 2015 Emmy Predictions: Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series (From Indiewire. 20 August 2015, 8:27 AM, PDT)