Have you ever been sitting next to a girlfriend and they’ve been blubbing away at a film while you’ve sat there completely stone-faced? The likelihood is, unless you’ve got a complete heart of stone, it’s something manipulative or overly earnest like Titanic or The Notebook, but every so often, a film comes along that, in our society in which men aren’t supposed to show overt emotion, can break even the toughest man and leave him as nothing more than a gibbering, tearful wreck. These are films that, for whatever reason – whether because they’re more “manly” films, or because their emotion is simply so wonderfully honest – will have all of us grabbing our inner-child and hugging them, holding on for dear life.
Here are 10 movies that it’s Ok for men to cry at.
10. E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial
The first of several Steven Spielberg films to make it into this list, »
- Shaun Munro
Similar News ItemsSteven Spielberg
- Oscars: ‘Rogue One,’ ‘Suicide Squad,’ ‘Fantastic Beasts’ Advance in Visual Effects Race (From Variety - Film News. 2 December 2016, 10:51 AM, PST)
- Don Calfa, Character Actor Known for ‘Return of the Living Dead,’ Dies at 76 (From Variety - Film News. 2 December 2016, 10:05 AM, PST)
- Awards Roundup: Annette Bening to Receive Career Achievement Award, Ridley Scott Honored By Directors Guild and More (From Indiewire. 2 December 2016, 9:00 AM, PST)
E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial (1982)
- Back To The Future Doesn't Have To Worry About Getting Rebooted, Says Producer (From LRM Online. 30 November 2016, 7:56 AM, PST)
- No ‘E.T.’ or ‘Back To The Future’ remakes to happen. Ever. (From The Hollywood News. 30 November 2016, 12:08 AM, PST)
- 10 Long-Forgotten Audition Tapes You Didn’t Know Existed (From PEOPLE.com. 29 November 2016, 2:42 PM, PST)