The new Silent Night from director Steven C. Miller is a “loose” remake of the 1984 cult classic Silent Night, Deadly Night. Both deal with a deranged killer who dresses as Santa before ho-ho-ho-ing the hell out of his hapless victims. We chatted with Miller about the differences between the two Silent Nights and why this is a film for the horror community.
How did you get involved in Silent Night?
Silent Night, Deadly Night was a huge thing for me growing up. It was a fun movie when I was little. When I grew up and got out here and made my first movie, the guy who was a huge part of buying that movie was Richard Saperstein. At the time they were playing around with the idea of a Silent Night, Deadly Night remake so I gave them my pitch and they liked it but it just sort of fell apart. »
- Alyse Wax
Similar News ItemsSteven C. Miller
- Casting: Amell, Silverstone, Passmore, Wyle (From Dark Horizons. 6 November 2014, 9:10 PM, PST)
- Casting Net: Alicia Silverstone to star in 'Who Gets the Dog?' (From EW.com - Inside Movies. 6 November 2014, 6:38 PM, PST)
- Alicia Silverstone To Lead Romantic Comedy Who Gets The Dog? (From We Got This Covered. 6 November 2014, 2:05 PM, PST)
- Director Shawn Levy talks Night at the Museum – Fmtv Exclusive (From Flickeringmyth. 18 December 2014, 8:58 AM, PST)
- Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb press conference with Ben Stiller, Owen Wilson, Dan Stevens, Rebel Wilson and more – Flickering Myth Podcast (From Flickeringmyth. 18 December 2014, 2:48 AM, PST)
- 'See No Evil 2' Film Review (From MoreHorror. 10 December 2014, 8:59 PM, PST)
- Cannes: Movies With Pickup Buzz in the Market (From Variety - Film News. 14 May 2014, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- 'The Toxic Avenger' Remake Moves Forward Without Arnold Schwarzenegger | Exclusive (From MovieWeb. 14 March 2014, 4:44 PM, PDT)
- Ift closes Japan sale on Cell (From ScreenDaily. 10 February 2014, 2:55 PM, PST)