Earlier, we posted a review of the action comedy Dust Up, a neo-western with shades of Quentin Tarantino, Sergio Leone, and Grindhouse films. The film was written and directed by Ward Roberts (Little Big Top), and can be found on VOD and PPV, and has been out since October and November. What follows is FM’s interview with Ward: our discussion about his influences, his hilarious cast, the case of the missing miniature pony, and the tenacity it takes to be an independent filmmaker.
Read our rave review here and be sure to check it out on VOD.
FM: I always ask this because I’m always curious. What kinds of films, or TV, or books did you grow up on? What inspired you to become a filmmaker?
- Andy Greene
Similar News ItemsStar Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope (1977)
- Cinemacon: Disney Plays Hold ‘Em in Vegas, Announces ‘Wreck-It Ralph 2’ Details (From Variety - Film News. 28 March 2017, 10:07 PM, PDT)
- ‘Rogue One': 35 Characters Ranked, from Worst to Best (Photos) (From The Wrap. 28 March 2017, 4:55 PM, PDT)
- CinemaCon: Disney presentation reveals title of 'Wreck-It Ralph' sequel (From ScreenDaily. 28 March 2017, 4:05 PM, PDT)
- Watch: Jonah Hill-Directed Music Video for Danny Brown’s “Ain’t It Funny” (From The Film Stage. 28 March 2017, 6:00 PM, PDT)
- There’s Reason to Be Excited About The ‘Escape from New York’ Remake (From FilmSchoolRejects. 28 March 2017, 5:52 AM, PDT)
- Hanna Schygulla Remembers Rainer Werner Fassbinder: ‘I’m One of the Survivors’ (From Indiewire. 27 March 2017, 11:23 AM, PDT)
Wes Anderson (I)
- ‘Inside Psycho’ Review: The Classic Hitchcock Film’s Origin Story is a Wicked Twist on Hollywood and True Crime Podcasts (From Indiewire. 28 March 2017, 8:30 AM, PDT)
- ‘Harold and Lillian: A Hollywood Love Story’ Clip: How One of Hollywood’s Unsung Heroes Made ‘The Birds’ Come Alive (From Indiewire. 28 March 2017, 8:10 AM, PDT)
- A trippy, decadent fever dream: why Legion is the best superhero show on TV (From The Guardian - TV News. 27 March 2017, 1:00 AM, PDT)