Earlier, we posted a review of the action comedy Dust Up, a neo-western with shades of Quentin Tarantino, Sergio Leone, and Grindhouse films. The film was written and directed by Ward Roberts (Little Big Top), and can be found on VOD and PPV, and has been out since October and November. What follows is FM’s interview with Ward: our discussion about his influences, his hilarious cast, the case of the missing miniature pony, and the tenacity it takes to be an independent filmmaker.
Read our rave review here and be sure to check it out on VOD.
FM: I always ask this because I’m always curious. What kinds of films, or TV, or books did you grow up on? What inspired you to become a filmmaker?
- Andy Greene
Similar News ItemsStar Wars (1977)
- 'Better Call Saul!' creators: 'It was not just a joke, but a potentially good idea.' (From Hitfix. 24 January 2015, 9:01 PM, PST)
- Will Gareth Edwards' Star Wars Movie Feature Both 'Boba Fett' And 'Han Solo'? (From ComicBookMovie. 24 January 2015, 7:00 PM, PST)
- 15 Most Hotly Anticipated Movie Scenes Coming In 2015 (From Obsessed with Film. 24 January 2015, 2:41 PM, PST)
- Thanks for Noticing, Golden Guy: Top Ten Oscar-Nominated Actor Acknowledgements (From SoundOnSight. 25 January 2015, 1:16 AM, PST)
- Tarantino Counts On "The Hateful Eight" (From SneakPeek. 24 January 2015, 4:41 PM, PST)
- Quentin Tarantino's western Hateful Eight announces 3 new cast members (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 24 January 2015, 10:25 AM, PST)
Wes Anderson (I)
- ‘Birdman’ Wins Producers Guild Award for Best Movie (From Variety - TV News. 24 January 2015, 8:18 PM, PST)
- ‘Birdman’ Wins Producers Guild Award for Best Movie (From Variety - Film News. 24 January 2015, 8:18 PM, PST)
- Double-dipper sound mixing Oscar nominees talk 'Birdman' and 'Unbroken' (From Hitfix. 23 January 2015, 3:56 PM, PST)