Back in October, we reported the exciting news that Arnold Schwarzenegger is returning as Conan The Barbarian in the Universal Pictures sequel The Legend of Conan, with Chris Morgan (The Fast and the Furious 6) attached to produce. Today, the writer-producer revealed that he convinced Arnold Schwarzenegger to come on board by presenting the project as a reunion with an old friend.
"(It's) not a reboot, not a remake. Just an update. Where has the character been all this time? A catch-up with Conan."
The story will take place during Conan's reign over his mystical kingdom, where he isn't fighting physical battles anymore.
"He's not going out and fighting battles, but he ends up getting drawn into something. And he has to access the barbarian he was in his youth. I love that Conan has been many things in his life, notably a pirate, a major tactician and a commander of men. »
Similar News ItemsUniversal Pictures [us]
- Hear from Tina Fey and Amy Poehler in first Sisters featurette (From Flickeringmyth. 30 November 2015, 5:00 PM, PST)
- Van Helsing Reboot In The Works (From FilmReview.com. 30 November 2015, 4:29 PM, PST)
- Krampus Brings a Big Bloody Bag to Theatres December 4th! (From 28 Days Later Analysis. 30 November 2015, 2:46 PM, PST)
- ‘Gotham’ Introduces Mr. Freeze in Chilling Midseason Finale (From Variety - TV News. 30 November 2015, 6:02 PM, PST)
- 5 things you should know about 'Predator 4' (From Hitfix. 30 November 2015, 5:49 PM, PST)
- 'Predator 4' Script Is Finished (From MovieWeb. 30 November 2015, 4:30 PM, PST)
Fast & Furious 6 (2013)
- Batman unmasked in teaser for Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (From Flickeringmyth. 30 November 2015, 11:19 PM, PST)
- Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice companion novel Cross Fire announced (From Flickeringmyth. 27 November 2015, 4:41 PM, PST)
- Batman v Superman sneak peek coming during Monday’s Gotham (From Flickeringmyth. 27 November 2015, 12:17 PM, PST)