It's been a big year for Katy Perry, who recently accepted the honor of Billboard's 2012 Woman of the Year. In spite of all of her professional success, the singer acknowledges that she's also faced her fair share of personal hardships.
"The worst [part of the last two years] was it being a test of my sanity," Perry told Billboard magazine. "You just have to always keep one foot out and be aware of all the people you're putting around you, their intentions and motives. I try to never let my intuition be muddled."
Although she didn't specify in the interview, it is likely that one of these "tests" was her very public split from British funnyman Russell Brand. The comedian filed for divorce at the tail end of December 2011, just 14 months after the couple tied the knot in India. Their split has been an amicable one by celebrity standards; two days after the ex-couple's divorce was finalized in July, »
- Kelsey Borresen
Similar News ItemsKaty Perry
- TMZ Sports Show: Victoria's Secret Models Weep Over Brazil's Humiliating Loss To Germany (From TMZ. 9 July 2014, 2:00 PM, PDT)
- Lea Michele's Eyebrow Guru Dishes on the Glee Star's Perfect Arches (From E! Online. 9 July 2014, 11:15 AM, PDT)
- Rob Gronkowski -- Hits Katy Perry Concert ... After JLo, Beyonce Shows (From TMZ. 9 July 2014, 10:08 AM, PDT)
- The HeyUGuys Instant Watching Guide – July 7th 2014 (From HeyUGuys. 7 July 2014, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- Meme: Russell Brand Gives the Trews On Marriage Opponents, Scott Lively Calls John Oliver a Liar, Putin Denies Meeting With Sir Elton (From The Backlot. 3 July 2014, 4:31 AM, PDT)
- Russell Brand Thinks Bill O'Reilly's Argument Against Illegal Immigration Is ‘Based on Bigotry’ (Video) (From The Wrap. 2 July 2014, 7:55 AM, PDT)
Woman of the Year (1942)
- A Year with Kate: State of the Union (1948) (From FilmExperience. 18 June 2014, 3:00 PM, PDT)
- A Year with Kate: Without Love (1945) (From FilmExperience. 21 May 2014, 12:02 PM, PDT)
- A Year with Kate: Keeper of the Flame (1942) (From FilmExperience. 30 April 2014, 2:00 PM, PDT)