It's been a big year for Katy Perry, who recently accepted the honor of Billboard's 2012 Woman of the Year. In spite of all of her professional success, the singer acknowledges that she's also faced her fair share of personal hardships.
"The worst [part of the last two years] was it being a test of my sanity," Perry told Billboard magazine. "You just have to always keep one foot out and be aware of all the people you're putting around you, their intentions and motives. I try to never let my intuition be muddled."
Although she didn't specify in the interview, it is likely that one of these "tests" was her very public split from British funnyman Russell Brand. The comedian filed for divorce at the tail end of December 2011, just 14 months after the couple tied the knot in India. Their split has been an amicable one by celebrity standards; two days after the ex-couple's divorce was finalized in July, »
- Kelsey Borresen
Similar News ItemsKaty Perry (I)
- New Trailer for The Smurfs 2 (From Collider.com. 19 June 2013, 4:32 PM, PDT)
- Kristen Stewart & Robert Pattinson: Will They Be Friends Again? (From HollywoodLife. 19 June 2013, 10:04 AM, PDT)
- The Full New Trailer for The Smurfs 2 (From Comingsoon.net. 19 June 2013)
- Selma Blair Dropped From Anger Management Via Text by Charlie Sheen, "At Peace" With Exit, Source Says (From E! Online. 19 June 2013, 3:26 PM, PDT)
- Image Entertainment Finds “Evidence” Of A Release Date (From Famous Monsters of Filmland. 19 June 2013, 12:15 PM, PDT)
- Dumped By Text (From Huffington Post. 19 June 2013, 9:43 AM, PDT)
Woman of the Year (1942)
- Spike's Guys Choice Awards winners: Guy of the Year, Most Manticipated Movie and more (From EW.com - PopWatch. 12 June 2013, 8:00 PM, PDT)
- Nominate your community heroes for the UK Asian Achievers Awards 2013 (From Bollyspice. 30 May 2013, 3:45 PM, PDT)
- 5 Things You Don't Know About Jennifer Aniston (From Entertainment Tonight. 17 April 2013, 1:15 PM, PDT)