Another day, another spate of movies advancing in the Oscar race for 2013.
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences on Monday announced that 15 documentary features — including highly touted anti-bullying film Bully, How to Survive a Plague, about AIDS activism, Searching for Sugar Man, about the search for an elusive 1970s rock musician, and The Invisible War, about sexual assault within the U.S. military — will advance in the voting process for next year’s 85th annual Academy Awards, whittled down from 126 qualifying movies.
From those 15, documentary branch members of the Academy will choose five as official nominees. Oscar nominations »
- Solvej Schou
Similar News ItemsSearching for Sugar Man (2012)
- The Morning Read: Ranked Coens, An Edgar Wright Pub Crawl and More (From FilmSchoolRejects. 5 December 2013, 6:00 AM, PST)
- Is Oscar winner among PGA nominees for Best Documentary? (From Gold Derby. 27 November 2013, 4:21 AM, PST)
- PGA surprises with documentary nominees, but Alex Gibney makes the cut (From Hitfix. 26 November 2013, 7:00 PM, PST)
- Cartoon Network to air CNN’s ‘Bully Effect’ (From Variety - TV News. 15 April 2013, 10:56 AM, PDT)
- Review: Bully (From Blogomatic3000. 11 March 2013, 5:01 AM, PDT)
- Meet the 2013 SXSW Filmmakers #44: Alicia Dwyer's "Xmas Without China" Offers A Surprising Change of Pace for Documentarian (From Indiewire. 7 March 2013, 4:50 AM, PST)
How to Survive a Plague (2012)
- Dallas Buyers Club review: the personal is political (From FlickFilosopher. 15 November 2013, 4:26 AM, PST)
- Dallas Buyers Club – The Review (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 14 November 2013, 7:31 PM, PST)
- Gravity skyrockets up UK box office (From The Guardian - Film News. 13 November 2013, 1:17 AM, PST)