Another day, another spate of movies advancing in the Oscar race for 2013.
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences on Monday announced that 15 documentary features — including highly touted anti-bullying film Bully, How to Survive a Plague, about AIDS activism, Searching for Sugar Man, about the search for an elusive 1970s rock musician, and The Invisible War, about sexual assault within the U.S. military — will advance in the voting process for next year’s 85th annual Academy Awards, whittled down from 126 qualifying movies.
From those 15, documentary branch members of the Academy will choose five as official nominees. Oscar nominations »
- Solvej Schou
Similar News ItemsSearching for Sugar Man (2012)
- Another Muhammad Ali Doc - 'I Am Ali' - To Focus On Recorded Phone Calls (Trailer + Poster + Release Info) (From ShadowAndAct. 8 September 2014, 6:55 AM, PDT)
- First I Am Ali Trailer Floats Like A Butterfly, Stings Like A Bee (From We Got This Covered. 5 September 2014, 8:10 AM, PDT)
- I Am Ali Trailer Takes a Triumphant Look at the Life of Muhammad Ali (From Collider.com. 5 September 2014, 7:22 AM, PDT)
- Cartoon Network to air CNN’s ‘Bully Effect’ (From Variety - TV News. 15 April 2013, 10:56 AM, PDT)
- Review: Bully (From Blogomatic3000. 11 March 2013, 5:01 AM, PDT)
- Meet the 2013 SXSW Filmmakers #44: Alicia Dwyer's "Xmas Without China" Offers A Surprising Change of Pace for Documentarian (From Indiewire. 7 March 2013, 4:50 AM, PST)
How to Survive a Plague (2012)
- Toronto: Docs Soar Into Spotlight As Fest Hits Working Week (From Variety - Film News. 8 September 2014, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- 'Common Threads', and Oscar's History with Lgbt Documentaries (From FilmExperience. 29 August 2014, 11:26 AM, PDT)
- Zachary Quinto And Emma Roberts Join James Franco In Michael (From We Got This Covered. 15 July 2014, 9:27 AM, PDT)