Brrrrrr. Why am I chilly? Because it's December? Or is it because Cruella de Vil's cheekbones are icy shards of sinew, and I'm dreaming of snuggling them? You just don't know.
Thank God for 101 Dalmatians, the swingin', droll-as-hell Disney animated classic from 1961. Though on the surface 101 Dalmatians is a simple tale of a quaint London couple who own dalmatians and find themselves tangling with dognappers, it's also a showcase of sophisticated characters who are fun and real, even if some of them are talking dogs who've developed a doggy Amber Alert system called The Twilight Bark. Dodie Smith's classic children's book remains timeless in cinematic form, and really sassy too, on occasion. Here are five other reasons 101 Dalmatians may be the Best. Movie. Ever.
1. Cole Porter would've given his gay left nut to write, "Cru-ella! Cru-ella de Villll!"
A quick plot refresher: Struggling songwriter Roger owns an upstanding dalmatian »
Similar News ItemsThe Jungle Book (1967)
- The Good Dinosaur review – desperately disappointing and twee (From The Guardian - Film News. 26 November 2015, 2:45 PM, PST)
- The Good Dinosaur – The Review (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 24 November 2015, 9:58 PM, PST)
- Dcm: 2016 to be biggest ever year for family films (From ScreenDaily. 23 November 2015, 9:02 AM, PST)
- The Real Danish Girls: Meet the Trans Pioneers Before Laverne Cox & Caitlyn Jenner (From Variety - Film News. 27 November 2015, 4:14 PM, PST)
- Whatever Happened To Baby Jane? Find Out Thursday Night at Schlafly Bottleworks (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 26 November 2015, 9:26 PM, PST)
- What’s Leaving Netflix in December: The Most Urgent Movies to Watch Over Thanksgiving Weekend (From Vulture. 25 November 2015, 11:54 AM, PST)
The Birds (1963)
- Daily Dead’s 2015 Holiday Gift Guide & Giveaways: Day One- Black Friday Deals & More! (From DailyDead. 26 November 2015, 5:50 PM, PST)
- Viennale 2015. Lions and tigers and bears. Oh my! (From MUBI. 8 November 2015, 5:01 AM, PST)
- Roar | Blu-ray Review (From ioncinema. 3 November 2015, 10:30 AM, PST)