Brrrrrr. Why am I chilly? Because it's December? Or is it because Cruella de Vil's cheekbones are icy shards of sinew, and I'm dreaming of snuggling them? You just don't know.
Thank God for 101 Dalmatians, the swingin', droll-as-hell Disney animated classic from 1961. Though on the surface 101 Dalmatians is a simple tale of a quaint London couple who own dalmatians and find themselves tangling with dognappers, it's also a showcase of sophisticated characters who are fun and real, even if some of them are talking dogs who've developed a doggy Amber Alert system called The Twilight Bark. Dodie Smith's classic children's book remains timeless in cinematic form, and really sassy too, on occasion. Here are five other reasons 101 Dalmatians may be the Best. Movie. Ever.
1. Cole Porter would've given his gay left nut to write, "Cru-ella! Cru-ella de Villll!"
A quick plot refresher: Struggling songwriter Roger owns an upstanding dalmatian »
Similar News ItemsBette Davis
- Bruce Dern To Appear At "Wild River" 50th Anniversary Screening, L.A., September 17 (From CinemaRetro. 30 August 2015, 10:51 AM, PDT)
- The annoying part of Quentin Tarantino's new interview (From Hitfix. 24 August 2015, 2:10 PM, PDT)
- More Than 'Star Wars' Actress Mom: Reynolds Shines Even in Mawkish 'Nun' Based on Tragic Real-Life (Ex-)Nun (From Alt Film Guide. 23 August 2015, 5:18 PM, PDT)
The Jungle Book (1967)
- Bill Bailey interview: The Jungle Book, Doctor Who, Star Trek (From Den of Geek. 25 August 2015, 7:55 AM, PDT)
- J.J. Abrams and The Force Awakens cast on friendships, mo-cap, and following in Han's footsteps (From Cineplex. 19 August 2015, 12:41 PM, PDT)
- First Poster for Disney's Live-Action The Jungle Book (From Worst Previews. 17 August 2015, 11:11 PM, PDT)
The Birds (1963)
- Tippi Hedren Gets Vienna Film Fest Tribute (From Thompson on Hollywood. 21 August 2015, 8:05 AM, PDT)
- Daily | Viennale 2015 Lineup (t) (From Fandor: Keyframe (t). 21 August 2015, 5:30 AM, PDT)
- Daily | Viennale 2015 Lineup (From Keyframe. 21 August 2015, 5:30 AM, PDT)