Brrrrrr. Why am I chilly? Because it's December? Or is it because Cruella de Vil's cheekbones are icy shards of sinew, and I'm dreaming of snuggling them? You just don't know.
Thank God for 101 Dalmatians, the swingin', droll-as-hell Disney animated classic from 1961. Though on the surface 101 Dalmatians is a simple tale of a quaint London couple who own dalmatians and find themselves tangling with dognappers, it's also a showcase of sophisticated characters who are fun and real, even if some of them are talking dogs who've developed a doggy Amber Alert system called The Twilight Bark. Dodie Smith's classic children's book remains timeless in cinematic form, and really sassy too, on occasion. Here are five other reasons 101 Dalmatians may be the Best. Movie. Ever.
1. Cole Porter would've given his gay left nut to write, "Cru-ella! Cru-ella de Villll!"
A quick plot refresher: Struggling songwriter Roger owns an upstanding dalmatian »
Similar News ItemsThe Jungle Book (1967)
- 2016’s films ranked (From FlickFilosopher. 13 January 2017, 2:47 PM, PST)
- Disney Poised to Slash Staff in India Even as ‘Dangal’ Rules Box Office (From Variety - Film News. 9 January 2017, 4:56 PM, PST)
- Oscars 2017: Getting Animated About Three Oscar-Contending Documentaries (From Indiewire. 1 December 2016, 11:22 AM, PST)
- "Feud: Bette and Joan"- "She slept with every co-star at MGM except 'Lassie'" (From SneakPeek. 19 January 2017, 12:45 PM, PST)
- ‘Feud: Bette and Joan’ First Look: Susan Sarandon and Jessica Lange Embody Hollywood Royalty (From Indiewire. 19 January 2017, 11:13 AM, PST)
- ‘Feud: Bette and Joan’ First Look: Susan Sarandon and Jessica Lange Embody Hollywood Royalty (From Indiewire Television. 19 January 2017, 11:13 AM, PST)
The Birds (1963)
- Fright Rags Pays Tribute to The Master of Suspense with Alfred Hitchcock Shirt Collection (From DailyDead. 18 January 2017, 7:42 AM, PST)
- 13 phobias on film for Friday the 13th (From Cineplex. 13 January 2017, 6:05 AM, PST)
- 'Breakfast Club,' 'Rushmore' Among Films Added to National Film Registry (From Rolling Stone. 14 December 2016, 2:10 PM, PST)