Meredith shared some unexpected, joyous news with Derek at the end of last week's Grey's Anatomy, but even prior to that, the couple had reached a point where their relationship was healthy, happy and functional.
In an interview with the Huffington Post, conducted prior to Meredith's reveal (see our review and Round Table) Ellen Pompeo and Patrick Dempsey opened up about their characters and all things Grey's Anatomy.
Excerpts from the cast members' recent sit-down below ...
On the situation with Derek's hand:
Dempsey: "I'm assuming we'll have him back in the O.R. soon, but he needs to have some conflict. It can't be just breaking up with Meredith anymore. [Laughs.]"
Pompeo: "There's a little bit of tension, which I think is an interesting thing for them to have to work through. How do you deal with that? But I think it's been cute to see Patrick with Zola, too."
Dempsey: "Besides Zola, »
- email@example.com (Steve Marsi)
Similar News Items"Grey's Anatomy" (2005)
- ABC 2016-17 Season Ratings (updated 10/24/16) (From TVSeriesFinale. 24 October 2016, 1:31 PM, PDT)
- Grey's Anatomy: Season 13 Ratings (From TVSeriesFinale. 21 October 2016, 6:39 PM, PDT)
- 8 Specific Ways Meredith Is the Worst Person on Grey's Anatomy (From BuzzSugar. 21 October 2016, 4:40 PM, PDT)
- Newswire: Amazon digs up release date for The Lost City Of Z (From The AV Club. 17 October 2016, 7:01 AM, PDT)
- Katherine Heigl and Josh Kelley Get Silly During Their Lunch Date (From Popsugar. 9 October 2016, 11:00 PM, PDT)
- Peyton List-icle: 6 Ways to Identify Which Peyton List Is Which (From Indiewire. 5 October 2016, 11:02 AM, PDT)
Patrick Dempsey (I)
- 10 Assistants to Watch 2016 (From Variety - TV News. 19 October 2016, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- 10 Assistants to Watch 2016 (From Variety - Film News. 19 October 2016, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- Not Only Is the Enchanted Sequel Happening, It Sounds Fantastic (From BuzzSugar. 7 October 2016, 10:35 AM, PDT)