Meredith shared some unexpected, joyous news with Derek at the end of last week's Grey's Anatomy, but even prior to that, the couple had reached a point where their relationship was healthy, happy and functional.
In an interview with the Huffington Post, conducted prior to Meredith's reveal (see our review and Round Table) Ellen Pompeo and Patrick Dempsey opened up about their characters and all things Grey's Anatomy.
Excerpts from the cast members' recent sit-down below ...
On the situation with Derek's hand:
Dempsey: "I'm assuming we'll have him back in the O.R. soon, but he needs to have some conflict. It can't be just breaking up with Meredith anymore. [Laughs.]"
Pompeo: "There's a little bit of tension, which I think is an interesting thing for them to have to work through. How do you deal with that? But I think it's been cute to see Patrick with Zola, too."
Dempsey: "Besides Zola, »
- firstname.lastname@example.org (Steve Marsi)
Similar News Items"Grey's Anatomy" (2005)
- Birdman wins top prize at 2015 Producers Guild Awards (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 25 January 2015, 2:46 AM, PST)
- ABC 2014-15 Season Ratings (updated 1/24/15) (From TVSeriesFinale. 24 January 2015, 12:57 PM, PST)
- Patrick Dempsey's Wife Files for Divorce (From PEOPLE.com. 23 January 2015, 5:15 PM, PST)
- Inside ‘Amazing Race’s’ New Twists: Blind Date Couples, ‘Date Night’ Rewards (From The Wrap. 20 January 2015, 2:29 PM, PST)
- State of Affairs: Cancel or Keep the Katherine Heigl TV Show? (From TVSeriesFinale. 19 January 2015, 9:20 PM, PST)
- NBC Dances Around State of Affairs (From Boomtron. 16 January 2015, 7:55 PM, PST)
Patrick Dempsey (I)
- Patrick Dempsey’s Wife Files For Divorce After 15 Years Of Marriage (From Uinterview. 24 January 2015, 9:07 AM, PST)
- Patrick Dempsey's Wife Files For Divorce After 15 Years of Marriage (From Popsugar. 23 January 2015, 6:32 PM, PST)
- Patrick Dempsey Divorce Shocker (From Access Hollywood. 23 January 2015, 6:32 PM, PST)