For an actor gaining Oscar buzz for his role in a musical, Eddie Redmayne sure has his name in the mix for a lot of comic book movie roles lately. First, he popped up as a potential candidate for Harry Osborn in the "Amazing Spider-Man" sequel, and then last week, Redmayne appeared on a short list of actors testing for the lead in Marvel's upcoming space epic, "Guardians of the Galaxy."
When MTV News' Josh Horowitz sat down with Redmayne recently, they touched on the subject of his rising profile and this recent string of comic book movie rumors. Redmayne couldn't comment directly, but he's certainly open to starring in that kind of film.
"As an actor, you never believe you're going to get a job when you start out," he said. "You're lucky to get any form of employment."
Read more after the jump!
Just a year ago, Redmayne was still an up-and-comer, »
- Kevin P. Sullivan
Similar News ItemsAndrew Garfield (I)
- Giveaway: Win Martin Scorsese’s ‘Silence’ on Blu-ray and Digital Combo (3 Winners) (From TheHDRoom. 28 March 2017, 5:23 PM, PDT)
- Andrew Garfield to produce and star in journalist drama Black Lion (From Flickeringmyth. 28 March 2017, 1:20 PM, PDT)
- Andrew Garfield Set To Star In Black Lion (From We Got This Covered. 28 March 2017, 1:09 PM, PDT)
Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
- Watch the first trailer for Stephen King adaptation It (From Flickeringmyth. 29 March 2017, 9:11 AM, PDT)
- Watch Pennywise Torment The Losers’ Club in First Teaser Trailer for New It Movie (From DailyDead. 29 March 2017, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- In Search of The Most Interesting Superhero Movie (From FilmSchoolRejects. 29 March 2017, 8:36 AM, PDT)
Michelle Williams (I)
- Amazon to Stream 'Manchester by the Sea' in Canada Before U.S. (From The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News. 16 March 2017, 12:21 PM, PDT)
- Sarah Paulson Says She Sleeps, Picks Up Packages in Her Emmys Gown Sometimes: ‘It’s No Big Deal!’ (From PEOPLE.com. 15 March 2017, 1:32 PM, PDT)
- A TV Documentary About the Life and Death of Heath Ledger Is in the Works (From BuzzSugar. 15 March 2017, 9:49 AM, PDT)