"Today" might not have the best ratings, but NBC isn't planning on firing Matt Lauer over it. "Today's executive-in-charge, Alexandra Wallace, has stepped forward to shoot down Internet rumors that claim Lauer could be on his way out if the show's ratings don't improve.
"There have been some recent outrageous claims regarding Matt and the 'Today' show, and an awful lot of piling on from nameless, faceless sources. These stories are wrong and irresponsible," Wallace tells the New York Post, adding that "there is absolutely no truth to this."
Rumors were started thanks to Radar Online, which claims that NBC execs plan to "replace Matt if the ratings continue to tank" by February. "Today" has lost the number one spot to "Good Morning America."
Similar News ItemsMatt Lauer
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Steve Letarte preview Nascar coverage on NBC’s Today (From Monsters and Critics. 30 June 2015, 7:53 AM, PDT)
- This Video of Paris Hilton in a Scary Plane Prank Has Gone Viral (From Popsugar. 29 June 2015, 11:35 AM, PDT)
- TV News Scrambles to Cover Same-Sex Marriage Decision, Charleston Funeral (From Variety - TV News. 26 June 2015, 8:27 AM, PDT)
Ann Curry (I)
- TV Fans Won’t Have Alessandra Stanley to Kick Around Anymore (From Vulture. 24 June 2015, 2:31 PM, PDT)
- The garden of delights by Anne-Katrin Titze (From eyeforfilm.co.uk. 19 June 2015, 1:11 PM, PDT)
- Kate Winslet, Alan Rickman Reunite for ‘A Little Chaos’ 20 Years After ‘Sense and Sensibility’ (From Variety - Film News. 18 June 2015, 1:41 PM, PDT)
- 'Lip Sync Battle' Is Back With Epic Lineup: Alison Brie, Justin Bieber, 'Empire' Cast (From Moviefone. 3 July 2015, 6:45 AM, PDT)
- Ellie Kemper Joins Today Show, Delights Al Roker Forever (From E! Online. 25 June 2015, 6:55 AM, PDT)
- Willie Geist Accidentally Called Amanda Seyfried "Titsy" on Today—Watch the Hilarious Clip! (From E! Online. 24 June 2015, 6:06 PM, PDT)